Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: DJ Augustin

jameer nelso might be the best example of what could happen to augustine in the draft. best pg in america, all american, leads team to elite 8, but drops to the 20th pick.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:42 AM   #17
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
sounds like what was said of Acie Law last year.and you see what happened with that experiment.the hawks traded for bibby

Acie Law didn't have the vision or the offensive moves that DJ had at the college level.

I really hope GMs think like most of the posters in this thread and he drops through the draft. I wouldn't be so quick to judge DJ Augustin off of one game against Memphis.........Memphis was just too athletic for the entire team and ask yourself this one question....

Who did Augustin really have around him..........nobody really.

The guy has the court vision needed and showed multiple offensive moves and different spots on the floor where he can get his shot off and make it. I'm not saying he's going to be a allstar PG or a top 5 PG in this league, but the guy is going to be a player and a player that can contribute and help a team win a title........he'll be there amongst the best PGs in this draft and will probably be the steal of the draft if he falls far enough. DJ Augustin is a gamer and a legit player.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:50 AM   #18
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

You're right TMac, Law is a bad comparison. I would also add that people can't forget that Law was a senior and Augustin is just a sophomore. I would also have to mention that Law is 6-3 and Augustin might need to stretch to be 6-0. I really think Augustin ends up being a good player in the mold of Bobby Jackson and Mike Bibby.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 PM   #19
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
You're right TMac, Law is a bad comparison. I would also add that people can't forget that Law was a senior and Augustin is just a sophomore. I would also have to mention that Law is 6-3 and Augustin might need to stretch to be 6-0. I really think Augustin ends up being a good player in the mold of Bobby Jackson and Mike Bibby.
the acie law comparison was only for the "clutch and mentality" comment. those are the same things said about law coming out. i wasnt comparing their playing styles in any way if thats how you understodd it
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: