Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2008, 04:29 AM   #16
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I'm about to pull my first all-nighter of my college career!!!

Quote:
This is not hard, you don't even need red bull for this, just stay awake, if you are actually struggling, I recommend taking a shower, will wake you up.

I've done two all nighters in the past four days, and I don't even have work, I have no idea why I do it.
Not all of us are robots man.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:39 AM   #17
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Not all of us are robots man.

I'd rather not be this way, I can't stay on a decent sleep schedule because in general I can't fall asleep when I want too. I'm really not sure what the answer is, I'm unmotivated to actually make use of the extra time by studying, so I generally just do whatever I want?

For instance, I am wide awake and in general do not envision myself falling asleep for atleast another three hours, and I'm eating goldfish crackers and checking out today's sports scores, like seriously?
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:51 AM   #18
DatDudeD
In DUKE mode

DatDudeD has decent reputation

I was never the one to pull all nighters when i was in school, but the funny thing is i would be up all night anyway....
DatDudeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:58 AM   #19
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
I'd rather not be this way, I can't stay on a decent sleep schedule because in general I can't fall asleep when I want too. I'm really not sure what the answer is, I'm unmotivated to actually make use of the extra time by studying, so I generally just do whatever I want?

For instance, I am wide awake and in general do not envision myself falling asleep for atleast another three hours, and I'm eating goldfish crackers and checking out today's sports scores, like seriously?

Damn, you sound like you need a vacation for like 2 months. Go to some deserted island or something.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 AM   #20
DatDudeD
In DUKE mode

DatDudeD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Damn, you sound like you need a vacation for like 2 months. Go to some deserted island or something.

I second that motion myself, hey aren't you the guy with the asian fetish... just curious ????
DatDudeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 AM   #21
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba

I don't understand the correlation between struggle to sleep and needing vacation? In general, my entire life right now is a vacation, I don't really do anything all day, I just hang out with friends.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:49 AM   #22
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
4 years into college I've still never pulled an all nighter to study. Only reasons I've stayed up all night were:

1. It was too hot and i couldn't sleep
2. My girl had to pull an all nighter and i stayed up all night to keep her company cuz i didn't have class til late the next day

I'm 3 years in, and I've never pulled an all-nighter either. I just can't do it, first of all I can't get that little sleep and normally function the next day. Secondly, it feels damn good to sleep.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 AM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

First year I did some essays till about 6 am then would sleep a couple hours till I had to hand it in. Now I just get a good sleep and if I have to do more, finish after I wake up (usually essays are due now around 4-5 pm). Can't handle staying up really late now. I'm getting old. lol

There's no way I'm staying up for an exam though. Have trouble taking them seriously enough.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #24
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

jamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation herejamal99 has an incredible reputation here

LOL
I only sleep and play basketball (+maybe an hour a day at ISH)
study, NEVER!
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #25
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
LOL
I only sleep and play basketball (+maybe an hour a day at ISH)
study, NEVER!

I have a feeling about 95% of posters here follow your life style
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #26
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

I went to bed around 5:00am after my body starting feeling really light. I got the message.

I woke up for my 8:00am class and created some 3-D drawings almost perfectly. I had one minor error.

Now my physics test is in 30 min and I hope the studying paid off.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #27
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
First year I did some essays till about 6 am then would sleep a couple hours till I had to hand it in. Now I just get a good sleep and if I have to do more, finish after I wake up (usually essays are due now around 4-5 pm). Can't handle staying up really late now. I'm getting old. lol

There's no way I'm staying up for an exam though. Have trouble taking them seriously enough.

All I have are exams. No papers so I have to take them seriously.

Plus, they are all hard as phuck.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #28
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
All I have are exams. No papers so I have to take them seriously.

Plus, they are all hard as phuck.
You didnt even pull off the all nighter.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 12:41 PM   #29
Hawker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
You didnt even pull off the all nighter.

True...but it was close. My body was telling me to go to bed but my mind was telling me study.

I dont want to be sick.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #30
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
True...but it was close. My body was telling me to go to bed but my mind was telling me study.

I dont want to be sick.

Some people can pull all nighters dayswith ease, I know some of my friends in college who could stay up multiple days, but for me, i always got kinda grogy and light headed if I stayed up too long and it woul actually be a detriment to study.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: