Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-10-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

problym_chyld04 has an OK reputation so far
Default should we trade pick or keep it?

Since what that other guy (5235 I think?) mentioned in my other thread about gordon and deng can't be re-signed and traded until july 15th, meaning that our dreams of acquiring D-Rose is never gonna happen(I know, I know, its sad.....(sighs)), should we trade our pick and thomas+filler for somebody like JO(I really don't like him that much bcuz of consistent injuries, but he's better than anybody else on this roster) or somebody else like andre miller, or should we just keep it?

What are your thoughts bulls fans?

Last edited by problym_chyld04 : 04-10-2008 at 09:34 AM.
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: should we trade pick or keep it?

I say we try to trade up for a top five pick and really find a difference maker or a franchise player (who knows?). The Bulls could keep their own pick which will be either 8-10 and actually select someone that can help immediately, no projects! Paxson needs to get it right this time around. Too much passing up on players like, Iguodala, Aldrige, Roy, etc. If it doesn't look like the Bulls can get someone who can really be a solid piece for this teams future through the draft than the Bulls should definatelty use the pick in a sign and trade. Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, Tyrus Thomas, #1 pick for Elton Brand?
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
You should trade the pick. Your team has enough projects/busts as it is. No need to draft any more who have no chance at becoming quality NBA players.

But if another team drafted the same player you'd say they were better than every single Bulls players.

Again... why are you posting on every Bulls related topic if you hate this team so much?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #5
heat_LE
I airball my layups

heat_LE has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
You should trade the pick. Your team has enough projects/busts as it is. No need to draft any more who have no chance at becoming quality NBA players.

i agree on trading the pick, get some veteran presence in the lockerroom - u guys had an extremly talented group,was kinda shocked about the deadline trade....

on the other hand, if a pick can turn to be somebody who has an immediate impact...fresh talent might turn the ship...tough call ;)
heat_LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 PM   #6
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree with 5234 or whatever.. we don't need more projects. I like O'neal as he's the best big I think we can get... TT, our pick, Hinrich (for salaries) should land O'neal.

Thabo, Hughes, Deng, Oneal, Noah would be solid for a while, then throw in Gordon (hate him as a starter, love him off the bench), Nocioni, Gray... I like that team.

Outside of Oneal, I don't se a guy that we can easily trade for that would help us much without blowing up everything.
kshutts1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #7
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am not going to pretend to know the Chicago Bulls at all, but based on the few games I have seen, I was of the impression that the bulls really need someone who can slash and create their own shot near the basket, which will in turn free up your army of jump shooters for easy pickins. Anyway, you probably wont find this with your pick, so I would use the pick and some of your current pieces to try to bring in someone who you already know is good.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:52 AM   #8
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

im sure Indy would take your 1st round pick for JO. JO and Gooden would be ruthless together
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
marksmith
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marksmith has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
im sure Indy would take your 1st round pick for JO. JO and Gooden would be ruthless together

Gooden strained himself playing. He's too out of shape and not dedicated enough. I'll take it as long as you have a young backup (like Thomas) who can spell him and play well when he's injured (which will happen with that Michelen Man body).

Where is JO going to play again - at the 5? If you can land O'Neal with our first, that still leaves us without an NBA point guard.

Personally, I think our biggest "need" positions (contrary to popular belief) are NOT the 4-5, they're the 2-3. Hinrich is an above average NBA PG, and I believe the same for Gooden, Thomas and Noah. I think if you can do something where you get unload Deng, Gordon and Noc and rebuild that 2-3, you will see a vastly improved team.

If we're going to move up in the draft, we absolutely have to take a dominant PG. After watching Chris Paul turn Chandler into an All-Star, I keep thinking that's what we need.
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #10
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
Gooden strained himself playing. He's too out of shape and not dedicated enough. I'll take it as long as you have a young backup (like Thomas) who can spell him and play well when he's injured (which will happen with that Michelen Man body).

Where is JO going to play again - at the 5? If you can land O'Neal with our first, that still leaves us without an NBA point guard.

Personally, I think our biggest "need" positions (contrary to popular belief) are NOT the 4-5, they're the 2-3. Hinrich is an above average NBA PG, and I believe the same for Gooden, Thomas and Noah. I think if you can do something where you get unload Deng, Gordon and Noc and rebuild that 2-3, you will see a vastly improved team.

If we're going to move up in the draft, we absolutely have to take a dominant PG. After watching Chris Paul turn Chandler into an All-Star, I keep thinking that's what we need.
Personally I really like Hinrich, I think hes a great PG in this league and his defense is amazing. A trade that might be better for you guys is...first round pick and Nocioni for JO and Dunleavy...that would leave you guys with:

Hinrich
Dunleavy
Deng (as long as you guys re-sign him)
Gooden
JO

thats a killer lineup
Old 04-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #11
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

i'm not sure if this is gonna work or not, just my personal opinion.........i think the bulls should try and get barbosa from the suns and you are set for your starting pg..........i dunno if its possible, and if it is, not sure how much its gonna cost paxson........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #12
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
i'm not sure if this is gonna work or not, just my personal opinion.........i think the bulls should try and get barbosa from the suns and you are set for your starting pg..........i dunno if its possible, and if it is, not sure how much its gonna cost paxson........
Barbosa is more of a SG, hes a pure scorer...not much of a PG
Old 04-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #13
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Barbosa is more of a SG, hes a pure scorer...not much of a PG

even if he's an SG, i think he can play better PG than anyone we got on this team.........and besides, i just read somewhere too that he's locked up for years anyways..........

real talk tho, my opinion, its kinda hard who i wanna get rid of from this team cause everybody is so inconsistent...........lots of people wants gordon gone, but at times he shows why he was picked 3rd overall cause he can shoot from anywhere and the next night, he can't make a shot.........i like kirk too, and he ain't playing good basketball either.......gooden can take over a game one night and score 30 with 15 rebs.......then, can't do crap the next game.....individually, i think the bulls got good players.......its just that, as a team, there is no chemistry.............

personally, i would try and trade the pick along with somebody for a good veteran scorer like someone else mentioned........we can't keep drafting guys and keep developing them...........i wouldn't mind trading anybody except for deng and nocioni.........if there's nobody out there, i also wouldn't mind larry hughes as the starting sg for next year.....he can shoot, drive to the basket, and can play defense..........

if the bulls can afford elton brand, you think pax should go after him? do you guys think brand is also willing to come back here?
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:21 PM   #14
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

You need a leader in the locker room first.

That's why you need to go after someone who has shown that they can play. Jermaine O'Neal.

Larry Hughes isn't doing ****. You can't have two shooting guards and Chris Duhon who suck ass. Sure Gordan and Hughes can score 30 any given night, but aren't you pissed at the constant 3-11 with 9 points games?

Not sure where you guys stand cap-wise... But this F/A class is loaded.

Trade your #1 and Noc. for J.O. Resign Loul but let Ben go.

Free agents that I think would interest the Bulls:
Elton Brand
James Jones
Mickael Pietrus
Kelenna Azubuike
Emeka Okafor
Dasagna Diop (Fan of this guy) -- Given 30min. a night he could avg. 10/10/2 easy. He's a defensive minded dude.

So say the Bulls go cheap and wind up with this:

PG - Kirk Hinrich
SG - James Jones OR Pietrus
SF - Loul Deng
PF - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Dasagna Diop

I think James Jones is very underrated. He's a great 3 pt. shooter who has never really gotten to play because of where he's been. He was at Phoenix where they had a ton of shooters, and now he's getting shadowed my Martell Webster and Travis Outlaw in Portland.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #15
coles_brandon
Can barely lace up my sneakers

coles_brandon has an OK reputation so far

Trade Tyrus Thomas, Drew Gooden, 1st round pick of 2011, 2nd round pick of 2008 for Chris Kaman (LAC).

Shannon Brown and D. Nichols for Sean May (CHA)

1st round pick 2008, 2009, 2nd round pick of 2010, cash consideration + K.Hinrich, B. Gordon, and L. Deng for D. Wayde and (A. Mourning--who will retire).

Starting lineup:

C-Chris Kaman
PF-Joakim Noah
SF-Andres Nocioni
SG-Larry Hughes
PG-Dwayne Wade

Bench:

C. Duhon
S. May
A. Gray
J. Curry
T. Sefolosha
C. Simmons

I'd put D. Wade as a shoot first PG because he'd ABUSE defenses and pass out to an open Hughes or Nocioni for a jumper or cut to the basket. Kaman would fit perfect on this team and is a big man that can help develop Gray and Noah. Miami gets to start all over fresh as do the bulls. The clippers draft a big man and have TT with all his "potential" and Drew Gooden to either be a 6th man or trade off a couple other players. The bulls bench has may who can prove himself, a developing gray, and Curry who is a duplicate, yet cheaper ben gordon. sefolosha has defense and you can always put d. wade back at sg and let duhon run the pg against teams with a smaller front court.
coles_brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: