Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 04-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #1
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board
Default congratulations to the Rockets.

I know that you guys clinched a little while ago, and are now thinking about positioning and everything, but I must say i'm impressed that they even made the playoffs w/o Yao. I remember all the analysts, Stephen A. Smith, Marc Stein, Rick Bucher, Greg Anthony, Legler, Barkley, Kenny, etc etc.. all saying that a spot had just opened up for the Nuggets and they should thank Yao for getting injured. But the streak continued and they surprised everyone by not only making it, but even challenging for home court.

I don't know where they will be seeded or what their chances are of getting out of the first round, but regardless, making it into the playoff race this year despite of their big loss is an accomplishment in itself. It's just a testament to the fact that hard work, effort, unselfishness, and defense can win you ball games even when you're outmatched in terms of talent. Congrats and good luck in the playoffs.

haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: congratulations to the Rockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
I know that you guys clinched a little while ago, and are now thinking about positioning and everything, but I must say i'm impressed that they even made the playoffs w/o Yao. I remember all the analysts, Stephen A. Smith, Marc Stein, Rick Bucher, Greg Anthony, Legler, Barkley, Kenny, etc etc.. all saying that a spot had just opened up for the Nuggets and they should thank Yao for getting injured. But the streak continued and they surprised everyone by not only making it, but even challenging for home court.

I don't know where they will be seeded or what their chances are of getting out of the first round, but regardless, making it into the playoff race this year despite of their big loss is an accomplishment in itself. It's just a testament to the fact that hard work, effort, unselfishness, and defense can win you ball games even when you're outmatched in terms of talent. Congrats and good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks. Stephen A. Smith and the rest of those people you mentioned aren't the only ones. I remember a bunch of people here on ISH were saying that we weren't going to the playoffs anymore. I just kept my mouth shut and let the days go by.. :)
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #3
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: congratulations to the Rockets.

Once again, I hope that T-mac FINALLY makes it outta the first round! I mean, they do have their work cut out for them, but I believe that getting the home court advantage was BIG. The crowd has rallied behind this team during it's terrific season and will definitely be a factor in determining the outcome. They need to come out strong and send a message in game 1.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: