Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-10-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Bynum's Slow Return - Any theories why?

Any theory to why his return has been so slow other than "physical" excuse?

I was wondering ... then I thought maybe it is part of Phil strategy surprise attack so that the opposing teams do not have much videos to watch and learn for weaknesses of the twin tower? Anyone agrees?

Last edited by kobesabi : 04-10-2008 at 05:01 PM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bynum slow return

Is he going to play tonight?
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedor - Laker
Is he going to play tonight?
Nope, KCAL9 and ABC7 said he will be on Sunday against Spurs
Old 04-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
Nope, KCAL9 and ABC7 said he will be on Sunday against Spurs

He will be "on?" Can you specify what that means exactly? Does that mean he will be playing on Sunday for sure?

His trip to New York the other day was specifically to find out if he could be "cleared" to play.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:26 PM   #5
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bynum's Slow Return - Any theories why?

he wont even be playing Sunday now looks like. This is bull****. How does "8 weeks" turn into 14? This season is pretty much over and I doubt everyone can still healthy to do anything next year. These guys are fragile as **** and take WAY longer than most other players to recover.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...1,850863.story
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 02:31 PM   #6
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
he wont even be playing Sunday now looks like. This is bull****. How does "8 weeks" turn into 14? This season is pretty much over and I doubt everyone can still healthy to do anything next year. These guys are fragile as **** and take WAY longer than most other players to recover.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...1,850863.story

This article is dated April 9th, and I don't think the results from seeing that doctor in New York were in...

Also, while this is taking longer than anyone has expected, I want to offer that there is a LOT at stake here in terms of Bynum's entire CAREER... If the Lakers rush him back too soon, he could be permanently impacted and it could kill his career... so I can understand them wanting to be extra careful. He is a HUGE investment for them, and not to be taken lightly.

Given that they are still alive and well in the playoff hunt, it is possible that the organization has decided to take a very conservative approach to Bynum's recovery.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #7
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Given that they are still alive and well in the playoff hunt, it is possible that the organization has decided to take a very conservative approach to Bynum's recovery.

That doesnt matter really. This current team wont make it out of the first round playing the way they are. They are what? 5-5 in the last 10 against mostly crap teams? They cant even beat Portland, I have little confidence they can go win a 7 game series against the Suns or even the Mavs
Old 04-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #8
SoCalMike

Quote:
That doesnt matter really. This current team wont make it out of the first round playing the way they are. They are what? 5-5 in the last 10 against mostly crap teams? They cant even beat Portland, I have little confidence they can go win a 7 game series against the Suns or even the Mavs

You don't know that for fact.... I personally disagree with this opinion.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Quote:
He will be "on?" Can you specify what that means exactly? Does that mean he will be playing on Sunday for sure?

His trip to New York the other day was specifically to find out if he could be "cleared" to play.

Oh, I just saw it on KCAL9 last night saying that he will be playing on Sunday. If he won't, maybe Lakers medical staffs need to be reevaluated...

I hope it's still part of Phil's plan and not because of real medical condition.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #10
Local High School Star

Quote:
You don't know that for fact.... I personally disagree with this opinion.

Well let me ask you this. What in the way they have been playing the last few weeks is giving you the feeling they can win a playoff series? They are playing worse, not better and the playoffs are 2 weeks away. Not good.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #11
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Well let me ask you this. What in the way they have been playing the last few weeks is giving you the feeling they can win a playoff series? They are playing worse, not better and the playoffs are 2 weeks away. Not good.

calm down homes..u acting like u play fa them..fire up a joint and just relax
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:52 PM   #12
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Ok, so i hear outdated Medical Staffs.

Maybe Gary don't care about the rings and just want to create job security?
Old 04-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
SoCalMike

Quote:
This article is dated April 9th, and I don't think the results from seeing that doctor in New York were in...

Also, while this is taking longer than anyone has expected, I want to offer that there is a LOT at stake here in terms of Bynum's entire CAREER... If the Lakers rush him back too soon, he could be permanently impacted and it could kill his career... so I can understand them wanting to be extra careful. He is a HUGE investment for them, and not to be taken lightly.

The Pimp said this at 11:31AM this morning...

Last edited by SoCalMike : 04-10-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Yeah, I do have a theory regarding Bynums' slow return. I think it's due to the fact he is not healed yet. Of course, that fits with my reputation of being a conspiracy theorist.:)
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #15
Droth24
Gonna kick cancers ass

Droth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroth24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My theory has been and will remain "Bad Luck" only since 2004 though.
Droth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: