Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #16
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: I got mad beef with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
I see this too...

when I do see I usually think either:

A. this is an alias of one of the people I am argueing with and he is just trying to back himself up

or

B. they decide to post because "OMG!!!!, Maybe GOBB/TMOGE/ECT. will like me now and I am part of the cool crew!!!!"

and it is always very short posts like saying "I agree"...or "word"...or "DAMN YOU GOT OWNED!!!".....just ignore them

Exactly what i was thinking too. Especially with choice B.

Another thing i hate is when some unknown person makes a thread and there is ONE funny comment in it then they go "LOL OMG this thread is classic!!" and then every 5 posts they come back with the icon and say "classic stuff!!"
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:45 PM   #17
KobesOneUglyTat
moc.spoohedisni

KobesOneUglyTat has an OK reputation so far

allow me diffuse the beef....

hippos is a decent poster, but his OP in this thread was quite offensive so I responded with vigor

the participation of little-known posters in argumentative or polarizing threads is welcomed because they are like the unbiased consumer, and which sides they end up taking is often amusing and reflects the charisma or whatever of whichever "veteran" poster that drew them in to their side. An audience is always appreciated, and an animated and opinionated one is even better.

I feel hippos is just saying "yep i've spent years accumulating 10K+ posts on this board, so if you havn't dedicated years and years to this board and don't have thousands of posts you don't belong in important threads"

ISH IS A REPULBLIC
KobesOneUglyTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #18
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesOneUglyTat
allow me diffuse the beef....

hippos is a decent poster, but his OP in this thread was quite offensive so I responded with vigor

the participation of little-known posters in argumentative or polarizing threads is welcomed because they are like the unbiased consumer, and which sides they end up taking is often amusing and reflects the charisma or whatever of whichever "veteran" poster that drew them in to their side. An audience is always appreciated, and an animated and opinionated one is even better.

I feel hippos is just saying "yep i've spent years accumulating 10K+ posts on this board, so if you havn't dedicated years and years to this board and don't have thousands of posts you don't belong in important threads"

ISH IS A REPULBLIC

You have no clue what I said obviously. Another reason why posters with hardly any posters ruin beef threads: You can't judge if they have half a brain to be making any judgement in the first place. Then you get one of the dude's beefing laughing at this fool's remarks just because the fool backed them.

Some dude's hear would have made Bruinlove their boyfriend if he backed them before they realized how stupid he was.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:51 PM   #19
-primetime-

Quote:
I feel he is saying that when 2 or 3 posters with 5k+ posts are smak talking with each other it is annoying when some newb decides to jump in the mix and post something like "OH MAN, YOU GOT OWNED!!!", or "I agree, he is an idiot"...

when it is really not your arguement to begin with and no one gives a damn what you think...

Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #20
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

I find it funny that people are bragging about being the "Top Members" of an internet basketball forum. Like they're too cool for the "other posters" and everyone wants to be e-like them . This ain't high school you queers. You got problems if you take this internet forum crap serious.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:03 PM   #21
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

Oh so if you dont have like 5,000 posts under your bealt your not allowed to post in here?

So how does someone get to 5,000 without posting?

How did you get to 5,000 without posting?

Pretty pointless bit@Hing about this.......
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #22
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Hippos is one of the worst posters I've come across. He is Stupid, does posts without a point, and thinks he is funny but he isn't.
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #23
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Oh so if you dont have like 5,000 posts under your bealt your not allowed to post in here?

So how does someone get to 5,000 without posting?

How did you get to 5,000 without posting?

Pretty pointless bit@Hing about this.......

Re-read my first few posts.

After you do, say you're sorry for not taking English class seriously in high school.

Quote:
I find it funny that people are bragging about being the "Top Members" of an internet basketball forum. Like they're too cool for the "other posters" and everyone wants to be e-like them . This ain't high school you queers. You got problems if you take this internet forum crap serious.

I'll give you the same advice.

Quote:
Hippos is one of the worst posters I've come across. He is Stupid, does posts without a point, and thinks he is funny but he isn't.

Kind of hard to take you seriously when as a rule no one appreciates your presence on ISH. Kinda like Hitler dissing everyone and expecting people to say "Gee Hitler, you sure do make a swell point!"

Last edited by i seen hippos : 04-10-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #24
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glove_20
owned...classic stuff.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #25
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Glove calm down. SHAT UP YOU SHTINK.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
you haven't noticed the weekly threads of "who is the best/worst poster here" ???

yeah, some do take it as a popularity contest I guess...

When I first came here I never really tried to win other people over....I just liked to argue and talk trash with the Mavs/Dirk haters...

now I rarely post in the main forum.....it seems like the same Kobe vs. Lebron talk over and over and over....
Old 04-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #27
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

Hippos thinks hes really tight cuz he has 10k posts in here.

That has been his dream since he was little.

He thinks he rules this forum.

Congrats Hippos you can die a happy man now.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 PM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

ISH IS A REPULBLIC

There are definately cliques on ish. People might just say "oh, it's the internet, what does it matter, but it DOES matter a little bit." In 2002, there mightve been a serious stimga for those who frequented message boards, but for many, it's a consistent way of communication, much like talking on the phone.

For some people, like myself, I'm in "football country." There are very few people here that are interested in the NBA, and none of my friends could care less. ISH is my outlet for NBA talk, and there are certain people that I trust to impart good knowledge on this forum.

We shouldn't discriminate against newer posters, but we do to an extent. We usually just turn to the sources that we trust. People don't have to do outrageous things to get noticed. Someone signs up today and posts in a respectable manner, they WILL get noticed.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #29
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

ISH IS A REPULBLIC

What's your point?
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:17 PM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
Hippos thinks hes really tight cuz he has 10k posts in here.

That has been his dream since he was little.

He thinks he rules this forum.

Congrats Hippos you can die a happy man now.

This is as good as admitting you were wrong. I was hoping for "Well I guess I didn't read what you actually typed. I jumped the gun. I was silly. Sorry."

This will have to do however.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: