Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #31
-primetime-

Default Re: I got mad beef with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
There are definately cliques on ish. People might just say "oh, it's the internet, what does it matter, but it DOES matter a little bit." In 2002, there mightve been a serious stimga for those who frequented message boards, but for many, it's a consistent way of communication, much like talking on the phone.

For some people, like myself, I'm in "football country." There are very few people here that are interested in the NBA, and none of my friends could care less. ISH is my outlet for NBA talk, and there are certain people that I trust to impart good knowledge on this forum.

We shouldn't discriminate against newer posters, but we do to an extent. We usually just turn to the sources that we trust. People don't have to do outrageous things to get noticed. Someone signs up today and posts in a respectable manner, they WILL get noticed.
and that is what I think Hippos was trying to say...

it isn't really so much about your post count...it is about you trying to get noticed by jumping into other people's fights and just posting "YOU GOT OWNED" and stuff like that...

If someone with 5 posts decided to jump into an arguement of mine but it was a couple paragraphs of detailed information then it would be a different story....
Old 04-10-2008, 05:20 PM   #32
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ISH shouldnt be exclusive to only posters with thousands of posts. A lot of posters here are horrible and they have 3K+ posts. Wo cares if they chime in, just ignore them if you dont like them.

But it does get annoying bc ISH is becomming a troll fest as of late
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #33
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
and that is what I think Hippos was trying to say...

it isn't really so much about your post count...it is about you trying to get noticed by jumping into other people's fights and just posting "YOU GOT OWNED" and stuff like that...

If someone with 5 posts decided to jump into an arguement of mine but it was a couple paragraphs of detailed information then it would be a different story....

Thank you. Now none of you fools has an excuse to take this in a different direction. This is all I was saying and I made it pretty clear. It's right in front of you. If you can't read, then that's your problem.

Quote:
But it does get annoying bc ISH is becomming a troll fest as of late

There you go...hence why I made this post now and not when this wasn't annoying as ****.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #34
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The ironic thing is, there are people who have several thousand posts that are still anonymous............

I've only seen lakerfreak post a few times, and he has over 10,000 (prob. in the Laker forum)

and Handle the Rock? When does he ever post these days?

and lakerdynasty? Who?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #35
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The ironic thing is, there are people who have several thousand posts that are still anonymous............

I've only seen lakerfreak post a few times, and he has over 10,000 (prob. in the Laker forum)

and Handle the Rock? When does he ever post these days?

and lakerdynasty? Who?

lakerfreak is a mod in the laker forums and predominatly only posts there, maybe a few times in the NBA but not often. I dont know the other people, think laker dynasty also in laker forum
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #36
KobesOneUglyTat
moc.spoohedisni

KobesOneUglyTat has an OK reputation so far

to mlh, they are people he knows of because he doesn't know them
KobesOneUglyTat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #37
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesOneUglyTat
to mlh, they are people he knows of because he doesn't know them

I know OF the people I listed, but can't really recall ever talking to them much or seeing them around, but obviously, they were.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:47 PM   #38
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
These posters I've never heard of with practically zero posts constantly chiming in on every argument between known posters. Who the **** cares what you think? Read, don't type. I don't want your **** mixing in with our ****. Your **** stinks like Glove_20.

What pisses me off even more is that you actually think anyone gives a damn what you think. No I don't care if you agree with poster A or think poster B is an idiot. You're an idiot for thinking anyone cares. Poster A doesn't even like you or want to know you. Poster C hopes you get IP banned.

Every thread now it seems these fools who have been lurking forever have decided to come out of the wood work. Get back in that wood you ****ing termites.

Your opinion is worthless unless at least one person actually remembers one of your posts. It's like a person who's face was melted off in a fire claiming you're ugly. You don't deserve an opinion. You deserve to have Lex Steele's ***** shoved through one ear and out the other with a rubber on, thus acting as an insulator and stopping the few electical charges your brain produces.

/thread.

you actually thought those were unique people and not extra accounts
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #39
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
you actually thought those were unique people and not extra accounts

I guess I have too much faith in society...Which would be a 180 for me.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 PM   #40
HitandRun Reggie
I hit open layups

HitandRun Reggie has an OK reputation so far

I don't need lots o posts and a self-proclaimed message board elite pin, when I post..

that's right b|tches

HitandRun Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:58 PM   #41
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

We all know who the posting elite are on ISH, and they usually never get into retarded message board fights [curse those handsome devils].
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:09 PM   #42
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
These posters I've never heard of with practically zero posts constantly chiming in on every argument between known posters. Who the **** cares what you think? Read, don't type. I don't want your **** mixing in with our ****. Your **** stinks like Glove_20.

What pisses me off even more is that you actually think anyone gives a damn what you think. No I don't care if you agree with poster A or think poster B is an idiot. You're an idiot for thinking anyone cares. Poster A doesn't even like you or want to know you. Poster C hopes you get IP banned.

Every thread now it seems these fools who have been lurking forever have decided to come out of the wood work. Get back in that wood you ****ing termites.

Your opinion is worthless unless at least one person actually remembers one of your posts. It's like a person who's face was melted off in a fire claiming you're ugly. You don't deserve an opinion. You deserve to have Lex Steele's ***** shoved through one ear and out the other with a rubber on, thus acting as an insulator and stopping the few electical charges your brain produces.

/thread.
Co-sign. I hate those guys. Great post.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 PM   #43
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

I agree, it is turning into a troll-fest. Guys like GOAT:MANU and starface should be banned IMO, but Jeff is probably really busy and doesn't have time to clear the board of trolls. There are too many threads nowadays with people constantly bashing each other back and forth, and when the trolls do it it's even more annoying. I just try to ignore those threads these days, though when I joined ISH I admit I exemplified a lot of what hippos alluded to in this thread.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:40 PM   #44
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Quote:
Re-read my first few posts.

After you do, say you're sorry for not taking English class seriously in high school.

I'll give you the same advice.

Kind of hard to take you seriously when as a rule no one appreciates your presence on ISH. Kinda like Hitler dissing everyone and expecting people to say "Gee Hitler, you sure do make a swell point!"
What, do you think his grammar is bad?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 PM   #45
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
What, do you think his grammar is bad?

No. It's actually pretty easy to understand what I was getting at. There's a possibility you were just playing around so I'll let you try again.:)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: