Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-10-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default NBA draft prospects people may not know/or be too high on

Who are they to you?

1. What players do you see potentially sliding in the draft be it late first round if not 2nd. Thru the years we have had your Carlos Boozer, Gilbert Arenas, Michael Redd's of the world. You see any in 2008?

2. Sleepers. The guys that are known but not many are really speaking on much.

3. The unknowns...not the same as #2, these are guys you dont known much about be it school or simply lack of watching them.

Everyone talks about the same high picks. Lets throw out some names that havent been typed much if at all.

Last edited by GOBB : 04-10-2008 at 05:00 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #2
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NFL draft prospects people may not know/or be too high on

Well there is Tyvon Branch, CB, from UConn I think he will be a hidden talnet in the 3rd round, maybe even second.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I assume you meant NBA.

NBA:
- Sonny Weems
- Bryce Taylor
- Brandon Rush
- Earl Clark
- Sam Young
- Bill Walker
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Devin Thomas blew up. He isn't that great. How can he be the first WR taken?

He should have come back to MSU.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: NBA draft prospects people may not know/or be too high on

NBA my bad.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sliders
Richard Hendrix
Malik Hairston

Known/Unknowns
Steven Hill
James Mays
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

1. Robin Lopez. If he goes late first/early second. Once he works on his offensive game a bit, he will be a huge steal. Not an all-star, but a huge steal nonetheless.

2. JR Giddens. Not because I see him being a star, but I think he will stick with a team and carve out a decent career. Perhaps a sg version of J. Howard Lite? He can fit in #3 to I guess considering the knowledge of the general public.

3. ?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 PM   #8
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well Anthony Randolph does not get much talk, even though he will probably be one of the best bigmen in this class. If Jamont Gordon comes out, I think he could be a huge steal. I watched a game of his against Arkansas and he had about 20 first half points, I think he could be a Gilbert Arenas type player. And since Demarcus Nelson is slipping, I think he would be a great pickup to shut down some elite point guards in the league, he is only 6'3 but could probably guard most SG's too.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #9
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

Anthony Randolph may not get a lot of attention because his team sucked, but he's still regarded as a lottery pick.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:37 PM   #10
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Anthony Randolph may not get a lot of attention because his team sucked, but he's still regarded as a lottery pick.
Too bad for him he won't go back, with Trent Johnson and a few good recruits, he could come back as a beast and be a top 5 pick. Just like Brook Lopez last year, projected to go in lottery and comes back and is pretty much a lock for the top 5.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #11
rfidd
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rfidd has an OK reputation so far

I am pulling for Marcellus Kemp of Nevada, last year he had good buzz, chose to stay for his senior year while Fazekas and Sessions both got drafted in the second round, now he is no where on the charts.

Rick
rfidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #12
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
If Jamont Gordon comes out, I think he could be a huge steal. I watched a game of his against Arkansas and he had about 20 first half points, I think he could be a Gilbert Arenas type player.
Okay......that never happened.

He had 2 first half points in the last game that they won in Starkville and 12 first half points in the 20 point blowout loss to Arkansas in Fayetteville before that.

If you're talking about him looking impressive against us, it has to be the first game because he only scored 9 points when they won. And when we won, how could anyone on their team look impressive when we absolutely put the boots to 'em. Game was never close.

He is good, though. I'd take him over Gary Ervin and Pat Beverly in a heartbeat.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:49 PM   #13
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

jason thompson from rider university

6'11" 250 lbs
20.4 ppg,2.7 apg, 12.1 rbp, 32% 3 pt,2.7 blocks,1.1 steals,56% fg

had a 23 and 21reb game this year.hes a sleeper

Edit: dropped 24 and 15 on nc state, 24 and 7 on kansas state,21 and 10 on penn state (teams he played in bigger conferences)
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:29 PM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was gonna say Jason Thompson as well. Just wish I'd seen him in actual game tape instead of just YouTube clips.

Other guys I feel like should get more love are Tyler Smith, Shan Foster, James Gist, and Richard Roby. Especially Roby.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:20 AM   #15
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
jason thompson from rider university

6'11" 250 lbs
20.4 ppg,2.7 apg, 12.1 rbp, 32% 3 pt,2.7 blocks,1.1 steals,56% fg

had a 23 and 21reb game this year.hes a sleeper

Edit: dropped 24 and 15 on nc state, 24 and 7 on kansas state,21 and 10 on penn state (teams he played in bigger conferences)
Sorry homie but I'm the conductor of the Jason Thompson bandwagon so I'll need to see your ticket before I let you get on.

Right now Thompson is a fringe first/second guy and he's going to be better than quite a few guys picked ahead of him.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: