Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-10-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Donte Greene's position?

The dudes 6'10 220.

So is he a SF or PF?

- He's a full inch taller than Kevin Love but weighs 40 lbs less.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:23 AM   #2
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Donte Greene's position?

I think his Natural Position in the NBA is a Scoring Forward like Darius Rice of the Cleveland Cavaliers before he got waived in the Summer League.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He is a SF, but I think he was used as a big man alot this year due to Syracuse having no bench for a good amount of time during the season.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

I've watched a large number of SU games this year, and I don't see him being an impact player at the pro level. Honestly he wasn't even that good at the college level. Jacks a ton of threes at a low percentage (28%, wheres the puke emoticon?). Height of a PF with no strength or post game. Also had more turnovers than assists this year, and he's just not a team player. His man defense is pretty bad but help d is good. He has alot of athleticism though, that's his best attribute. Has a lot of room for improvement.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
I've watched a large number of SU games this year, and I don't see him being an impact player at the pro level. Honestly he wasn't even that good at the college level. Jacks a ton of threes at a low percentage (28%, wheres the puke emoticon?). Height of a PF with no strength or post game. Also had more turnovers than assists this year, and he's just not a team player. His man defense is pretty bad but help d is good. He has alot of athleticism though, that's his best attribute. Has a lot of room for improvement.
Hakim Warrick?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
Hakim Warrick?

There's a few similarities. Both are lanky, athletic, decent rebounders, and good on help defense. Difference is Warrick at least attempts to play in the post where Greene doesn't even try. His offensive game consisted mainly of floating around on the perimeter like a shooting guard and just throwing up anything. Went like 40-140 from deep. The rest of his points came off transition dunks.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #7
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Where do you suppose he'll get drafted?
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #8
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Nevermind ESPN removed him from top ten.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #9
mhg88
Local High School Star

I think he'll get picked somewhere late in the first round, in the 20's. He's a streaky kind of player so if he happens to have a good workout somewhere it could help him. With his athleticism he's probably best suited for a running team. If he goes somewhere else expect him to end up in the D league for a while cause he has a long way to go before he'll be useful in the half court set.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think the first thing Greene needs to do is gain some weight and stregth. Once he does that he needs to be willing to go inside. His outside game is decent enough for a combo-forward at his age, but if he keeps playing soft, he won't last much more than 5 or 6 years based on potential. He has huge risk/reward because he could end up being a 16+/8 player.

I think right now he would go somewhere between 12 and 25.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:11 PM   #11
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

SF for sure. I dont see him hanging with the big fellas in the NBA as a PF, has a good shot but took wayyy to many ill advised at Syracuse.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:18 AM   #12
mhg88
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
SF for sure. I dont see him hanging with the big fellas in the NBA as a PF, has a good shot but took wayyy to many ill advised at Syracuse.

That is true, his shot selection is horrid. Pulling up to brick a 3 on the break, from beyond NBA range way too much...just had me shaking my head
Old 04-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #13
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I also think people talk about Beasley and Mayo having attitudes, but I think Greene, as much as any player, was just playing this year out to go to the NBA. Half his shots were 3's. At 6-10 that is insane. He didn't want to get hurt by driving or taking it inside I think. It worked at the start of the year because people assumed he would go inside if needed, but by the end of the year they stayed on him and forced him into guarded shots.

I know in my last post I talked about how physically he would need to bulk up before becoming an effective post player, but I think it may be as much mental as that. This guy really has a lot to work on, but again, the upside for him is huge.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #14
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Nevermind ESPN removed him from top ten.

You know, you could just edit your post rather than make a new one. No worries, I'll just delete the post before that.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:46 PM   #15
mhg88
Local High School Star

The more I think about it, Greene's game actually reminds me a lot of the late Eddie Griffin. Tall, athletic, streaky 3pt shooter, good help defender and no post game.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: