Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #31
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
KG isn't gonna be traded and if he were to opt out, he wouldn't come to LA.

dude...if KG leaves minny, he will be a Laker. he knows that ppl there want him more than anything. he has celebs calling his house tellin him to come to LA. buss and co have met with twolves management numerous times to discuss gettin KG. and despite the many offers (that are waaay better than what the lakers can offer) that minny can get for garnett, lakers name always pops up. coincidence...NO. so dont come in with bogus statements like that because the facts lean toward kg comin to LA than not....IF he leaves minny.

Last edited by hotsizzle : 08-15-2006 at 07:31 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #32
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Quick questions:

How does trading KG to a team within the conference help the TWolves become contenders?

Why shouldn't Mchale trade KG to the East, where he doesn't have worry about seeing him in the playoffs?

Why would Mchale trade KG to a team(the Lakers) that would become instant contenders and squash any chance of his team to compete for a title?

How does giving away KG and getting Odom/Brown make the TWolves better then they are right now?

How many times does Mchale have to say that KG isn't getting traded before people realise that maybe he isn't getting traded?

if garnett asks to be traded, minnesota will ask him where out of loyalty...most likely, it will be to the Los Angeles Lakers

anyways, no one is saying this is gonna happen. the thread was if us laker fans would want this trade...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:28 PM   #33
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
dude...if KG leaves minny, he will be a Laker. he knows that ppl there want him more than anything. he has celebs calling his house tellin him to come to LA. buss and co have met with twolves management numerous times to discuss gettin KG. and despite the many offers (that are waaay better than what the lakers can offer) that minny can get for garnett, lakers name always pops up. coincidence...NO. so dont come in with bogus statements like that because the facts lean toward kg comin to LA than not....IF he leaves minny.

plus i think he keeps a home in LA (malibu?). plus, any team that gets him will need a commitment out of him that he will re-sign...otherwise, the team just got him for a couple years then they tank. KG will commit to LA.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #34
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
hey magicman..you quoted me...I was the one supporting Magic in the debate, not Kobe. Kobe does not (yet) rank in Magic's league.
Kobe's still young. He's been in the NBA for 10 years but still needs to get better. The downfall of his career hasnt started yet. The accomplishments that hes made are incomparable to those of Magic's. Magic won titles, Kobe's won 3 but still needs to get better.

There are some things Magic did Kobe probably cant do such as play center. Magic has 2 inches on Kobe and was bigger than him. He playes center when Kareem got injured.

The point of my post was to say that you cant say Kobe's better than Magic or Magic is better than Kobe YET. Wait till Kobe's career is over, you never know something more could happen in his career.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #35
hotsizzle
Superstar

heres a conspiracy theory...take it for what its worth

Mo evans is garnetts best friend

shammond williams is garnett's cousin.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:32 PM   #36
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Kobe's still young. He's been in the NBA for 10 years but still needs to get better. The downfall of his career hasnt started yet. The accomplishments that hes made are incomparable to those of Magic's. Magic won titles, Kobe's won 3 but still needs to get better.

There are some things Magic did Kobe probably cant do such as play center. Magic has 2 inches on Kobe and was bigger than him. He playes center when Kareem got injured.

The point of my post was to say that you cant say Kobe's better than Magic or Magic is better than Kobe YET. Wait till Kobe's career is over, you never know something more could happen in his career.

fair enuf.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:33 PM   #37
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:

I'm buying the conspiracy theory.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:44 PM   #38
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:

That's pretty crazy. I dont get how Evans is Garnett's best friend.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:20 PM   #39
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
That's pretty crazy. I dont get how Evans is Garnett's best friend.

he used to play in minnesota where him and kg developed a really strong bond. i can remember where i read it but i'll look for it and hook you up.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:26 PM   #40
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
he used to play in minnesota where him and kg developed a really strong bond. i can remember where i read it but i'll look for it and hook you up.
Thanks bro
Old 08-15-2006, 10:37 PM   #41
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:

So because KG wants to go somewhere, thats whats gonna happen? Even though, like you said, the TWolves can get "waaay better" offers from other teams?

Just like Shaq wanted to come to Dallas right? I mean the guy did bring them 3 titles, so out of loyalty, the Lakers sent him to the team of his chioce right?

Doesn't work that way siz. This is a business and teams don't give a shiiit where a player wants to go. They take the best deal possible that gives their team a chance to get better.

If they go by the logic you say, just to be loyal to KG, they'll not only lose an entire fan base, but they'll put themselves out of contention for a long time.

Not trying to be an ass or anything, but what your dreaming is impossible. I say the same exact thing to Mavs fans that try to say KG is coming to Dallas without having Dirk go out. Just won't happen.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:40 PM   #42
Sound and Fury
Verbosity Incarnate

Quote:
With Garnett, Kobe'd be unstoppable, unbeatable, untouchable. Best duo in the history of Lakers, and maybe NBA.
No.

Current Top 5 duos in the history of the Lakers (IMO):
Magic/Kareem (5 rings, 8 Finals appearances)
Kobe/Shaq (3 rings, plus another Finals appearance)
West/Baylor (Tons of Finals appearances, just never could get past Russell's Celtics)
Mikkelsen/Mikan (5 rings in 6 years)
West/Chamberlain (33-game win streak, 69-13)

Unless Kobe and KG put up 3 or 4 rings, they don't even crack the Top 5.
Sound and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:46 PM   #43
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound and Fury
No.

Current Top 5 duos in the history of the Lakers (IMO):
Magic/Kareem (5 rings, 8 Finals appearances)
Kobe/Shaq (3 rings, plus another Finals appearance)
West/Baylor (Tons of Finals appearances, just never could get past Russell's Celtics)
Mikkelsen/Mikan (5 rings in 6 years)
West/Chamberlain (33-game win streak, 69-13)

Unless Kobe and KG put up 3 or 4 rings, they don't even crack the Top 5.

good call!
I would even put West/Baylor above Kobe/Shaq, even though the later won more rings.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:48 PM   #44
Sound and Fury
Verbosity Incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
good call!
I would even put West/Baylor above Kobe/Shaq, even though the later won more rings.
I might, too. For the record, those 5 duos were not in any particular order. ;)
Sound and Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #45
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

West was in the NBA for a long time. He sholuld have stayed with the Lakers management. He really wanted to but (i think it was buss that fired him)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: