Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-12-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool
Default farmar is never going to be a starter

and im starting to question him as a backup, no one will ever change my mind i rather have jcrit...

farmar has NO basketball IQ, he cant play defense, the only thing he has for himself is quickness (which he doesnt know how to use) and a streaky 3 pt shot.

i wish we kept Jcrit.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:54 AM   #2
Chickybaby
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chickybaby has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: farmar is never going to be a starter

I disagree. He has alot of assists plus he is a shot creator on open court/ layup plays
Chickybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:08 AM   #3
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
has NO basketball IQ, he cant play defense, the only thing he has for himself is quickness (which he doesnt know how to use) and a streaky 3 pt shot.

You just described Critt, except Critt's jumpshot isn't even streaky--it's just bad. I love the guy, and I think he's got a bright future, but he's not a good player right now.

Farmar's been struggling of late, but he's still one of the better backup points in the league. Don't panic. Jordan will improve.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:15 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think Frank is right... Farmar just needs more time in the league to develop both offensively and defensively. If he improves as much next season as he did this season, the Lakers should be fine.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:36 AM   #5
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

um i guess, now that he has playing time in memphis hes been dropping 20 points the last 4 games and getting assists like nothing, he has more lateral quickness than jordan farmar and i think he has better defensive potental than farmar

but thats just me, lets jjust hope you guys are right
Old 04-12-2008, 01:43 AM   #6
Frank Foley

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
um i guess, now that he has playing time in memphis hes been dropping 20 points the last 4 games and getting assists like nothing

No he hasn't.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/javari...ame_stats.html

Last 4 games:
0 pts, 0 assists, 8 minutes
9 pts 2 assists, 27 minutes
23 pts, 4 assists, 31 minutes
7 pts, 3 assists, 33 minutes

All that matters, given the depth of the current squad, is who's better right now and for the next few seasons. Farmar's ceiling isn't as high as Critt's, but he is--and will continue to be--the better player for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:49 AM   #7
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

thats because he got iinjured
Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 AM   #8
Frank Foley

Your claim is still false. He's had two 20 point games all season. And his season high in assists is 4.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:20 AM   #9
suckerpunch
Can barely lace up my sneakers

suckerpunch has an OK reputation so far

I have to disagree also. Farmar is still a developing player. With young players you have to stick with them whether they're playing good or bad. They're bound to have some bad games but their playtime is what makes them improve. Farmars defense isn't that bad, his jumper has been pretty off lately, but hey common he's UCLA last shooter we had was cap.

Farmar has a pretty good shot, it just hasn't been consistent. I hate his pick and roll def, but our whole team sucks at that. The only player that can kinda guard it is fish who I honestly think should be getting more rest to get ready for the playoffs.
suckerpunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
um i guess, now that he has playing time in memphis hes been dropping 20 points the last 4 games and getting assists like nothing, he has more lateral quickness than jordan farmar and i think he has better defensive potental than farmar

but thats just me, lets jjust hope you guys are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Foley
No he hasn't.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/javari...ame_stats.html

Last 4 games:
0 pts, 0 assists, 8 minutes
9 pts 2 assists, 27 minutes
23 pts, 4 assists, 31 minutes
7 pts, 3 assists, 33 minutes

All that matters, given the depth of the current squad, is who's better right now and for the next few seasons. Farmar's ceiling isn't as high as Critt's, but he is--and will continue to be--the better player for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
thats because he got iinjured

?? lol just kinda making it up as you go along brandon?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation

He could be, he's just in a sophmore slump
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:34 PM   #12
and1

and1 has decent reputationand1 has decent reputation

i was excited when he started out hte season so well, but like most players he hit the wall of reality and a 0 to 100 improvement from 1 season is just not likely... but he will become better and so im confident in him.. plus we have fisher...
and1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:41 AM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Crittenton will probably be a better player than farmar in the longer run which I do expect.

but not now, we don't need any more rookies as we have a few decent prospects including ones that dont even play for us this season.

this season Farmar is averaging 20 minutes a game and adding 9 ppg with 2 boards and 3 assists and a steal per game.

He's also shooting a whoppin 45% from FG and 36% from three.

Javaris with increased minutes on memphis is averaging 7 points on 40 percent shooting with a mediocre 28%.

Whatever Critt is doing, Farmar is matching that as he had a few 20 point games this season also. While their rebounds are both the same, Javaris is averaging only 1 assist a game and .5 steals per game in case you wanna know about defense.

if that's not that convincing, Farmar's assist to turnover ratio is considerably higher with a 3/1.3 ratio while Critt's is a 1/1.18 ratio.

This year and next, farmar is the guy we need as a backup since fisher is here.

If we need a starting pg, I would pursue JC in 3-4 years.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:41 PM   #14
SCV42
Buck Foston

SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board

Farmar has a brass pair on him. I like him because he has the guts to shoot big shots and the ability as well. Give him time and he will knock down good shots and be more consistent. And as far as his defense, it will get better. You don't go to UCLA under Howland and play soft D. He is just adjusting to the bigger and sronger NBA players. Because the rest of the Lakers play crappy defense sometimes, it allows opposing point guards to not fear going inside. As far as Critt goes, he's gone. Good upside but not a concern here anymore.

Because (most) players these days don't get well rounded in college, they tend to show their weaknesses the first couple of years in the NBA. Sasha is turning out to be pretty good in my opinion and if we are patient, Farmar will be decent as well.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:53 PM   #15
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's way too early to see what kind of player Farmar is going to be. He came out of college after 1 or 2 seasons at 19 or 20? Sasha was drafted at 19 and took 4 years to find his grove. Bynum drafted at 17, was just starting to figure it all out at 20. Even Kobe took a few years to get it all together.

He's super young, cut the kid some slack, he's already showed dramatic improvement from year 1 to year 2. He's a gym rat and should keep improving. Seriously who thought he'd become such an effective 3 point shooter literally over night? Even though he's shooting has slumped in the second half, he's still shooting 36.5% from long range for the year, that will get it done.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: