Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 04-12-2008, 03:51 AM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Additions for Next Season

I've really like the recent play of Miami PG Chris Quinn and Portland's PF/C Channing Frye. They would be great additions for us. Quinn has proved he can play now. Last 5 Games: 17.2 PPG, 5.2 RPG, 7.0APG, 1.4 SPG, only 1.8 TOPG (7 assists with the lineup they've had is good, no real scorers). Channing Frye has been playing great once Aldridge went down. Ive always like this kid, I even wanted him when he was in NY, he would be a good C in the East.

Quinn
Dunleavy
Granger
Diogu (im still not giving up on him)
Frye

Very good, young talented lineup...

Quinn is a free agent at the end of this year...hopefully Bird can pick him up...not a bad starter in Indy, considering that Tins is always injured

Last edited by PacerRaptor : 04-12-2008 at 03:58 AM.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:47 AM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Additions for Next Season

If Diener weren't already signed for next season I wouldn't mind adding Quinn. Having both would be sort of redundant. Quinn would be an improvement over Diener though.

I'm thinking Tinsley's gone, don't think he's even been with the team the last few games. I'm hoping our starting PG next season is DJ Augustin, Russell Westbrook, or someone we trade for, I like Kyle Lowry a lot.

I'm pretty ambivalent on Frye, haven't seen much of him. Seems to produce when he gets minutes though. I do like Steve Blake from Portland a lot. He's not going to win you a title, but he could hold starting point down while we work on other stuff.

I'd like a trade like Miles (contract), Frye, Blake and maybe a 2010 first round pick for Tinsley, Diogu, and a signed and traded Harrison. Helps a bit with our cap situation, basically shaves $8 million or so off a year sooner.

Last edited by InspiredLebowski : 04-12-2008 at 06:49 AM.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
If Diener weren't already signed for next season I wouldn't mind adding Quinn. Having both would be sort of redundant. Quinn would be an improvement over Diener though.

I'm thinking Tinsley's gone, don't think he's even been with the team the last few games. I'm hoping our starting PG next season is DJ Augustin, Russell Westbrook, or someone we trade for, I like Kyle Lowry a lot.

I'm pretty ambivalent on Frye, haven't seen much of him. Seems to produce when he gets minutes though. I do like Steve Blake from Portland a lot. He's not going to win you a title, but he could hold starting point down while we work on other stuff.

I'd like a trade like Miles (contract), Frye, Blake and maybe a 2010 first round pick for Tinsley, Diogu, and a signed and traded Harrison. Helps a bit with our cap situation, basically shaves $8 million or so off a year sooner.
I wouldnt want to trade Diogu, I dont think Bird would like that idea either. Bird has been high on him for many years now. I remember when they were trying to trade Artest, they wanted Peitrus and Diogu for Artest but GS said no because they did not want to part with Diogu. With the whole deal with GS last season, Diogu was said to be the main peice of that deal, I dont think hes going anywhere.

About Tins, I would love him to be shipped out, but I dont see any team picking up his large contract considering he doesnt play. When he plays, hes a top 8 PG in the league, we just need him to play more

I highly doubt that the Blaze will add a first round pick...those are huge...especially in a draft class the one coming up, its really deep...they're projecting Hibbert to go around 20 now

Last edited by PacerRaptor : 04-12-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
I wouldnt want to trade Diogu, I dont think Bird would like that idea either. Bird has been high on him for many years now. I remember when they were trying to trade Artest, they wanted Peitrus and Diogu for Artest but GS said no because they did not want to part with Diogu. With the whole deal with GS last season, Diogu was said to be the main peice of that deal, I dont think hes going anywhere.

About Tins, I would love him to be shipped out, but I dont see any team picking up his large contract considering he doesnt play. When he plays, hes a top 8 PG in the league, we just need him to play more

I highly doubt that the Blaze will add a first round pick...those are huge...especially in a draft class the one coming up, its really deep...they're projecting Hibbert to go around 20 now

2010 pick, not this year. Blazers should expect to have a nice record by then, it'd probably be something like # 20-25. Seems like everyone's a lot higher on Diogu than I am. I just don't think he gets it. If you can't get PT over David Harrison something's wrong.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:37 PM   #5
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
2010 pick, not this year. Blazers should expect to have a nice record by then, it'd probably be something like # 20-25. Seems like everyone's a lot higher on Diogu than I am. I just don't think he gets it. If you can't get PT over David Harrison something's wrong.
Blaze getting the 25th pick means that thieir going to be around the 5th best team in the league. I dont see that happening: Phx, San An, LA, GS, Dal, Boston, Det, Denver, Houston, Utah, NO, Orlando....theres lots of teams picking after Portland....their pick will be about 17...we got Granger at 17
Old 04-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Blaze getting the 25th pick means that thieir going to be around the 5th best team in the league. I dont see that happening: Phx, San An, LA, GS, Dal, Boston, Det, Denver, Houston, Utah, NO, Orlando....theres lots of teams picking after Portland....their pick will be about 17...we got Granger at 17

I said between 20-25, 25 is best case scenario (in terms of team wins anyway). Blazers could easily be a 50 win team by 2010.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:30 PM   #7
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

This got me thinking about Miami as a trade target for Tinsley. Riley doesn't do rebuilding, he always wants to win now. They need a PG, Tinsley fills that. Add Beasley if they get a high enough pick like they should. Re-sign Marion. Tinsley/Wade/Marion/Beasley/Haslem, that's a solid line-up in the East.

Something simple like Marcus Banks and Daquan Cook for Tinsley. Rush'll be gone and Cook's basically the same player. Banks isn't much on offense, can hit the three, but he'd be our best perimeter defender. If we draft a pg a platoon of Banks/Diener/rookie is just as good as Tinsley for 35 game and a couple shootings. Or add in a signed and traded Quinn and some filler like Stephen Graham (even if I love him) and Quinn/Diener/Banks isn't so bad and we could try and target a guy like Hasheem Thabeet in the draft.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:09 AM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'll pass on Quinn. Somebody's gotta score on that dreadful team, that's why he's getting numbers. I'm not slighting him in anyway, he's a decent player, but he's not the answer I'm looking for on my team.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 AM   #9
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I'll pass on Quinn. Somebody's gotta score on that dreadful team, that's why he's getting numbers. I'm not slighting him in anyway, he's a decent player, but he's not the answer I'm looking for on my team.
ya by hes putting up 7 assists with a lineup of scrubs. Imagine what he could do with a team that could score
Old 04-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
ya by hes putting up 7 assists with a lineup of scrubs. Imagine what he could do with a team that could score
Well, somebody has to score, i.e. his teammates, so assists are bound to add up.

I say, if he was on our team, starting in place of Diener, he would put up nearly identical numbers. I like Diener's heart better though, he plays his heart out.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #11
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

For next season we have to improve our defense. We're scoring a lot and letting people score on us a lot. I still think we should trade Dunleavy for a guy like Nocioni. I really like Dunleavy, but our defense is horrible
Old 04-18-2008, 12:36 AM   #12
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

What do you guys think about Dunleavy/Tinsley/Williams for Hinrich/Nocioni/Sefolosha?

That gives us a sweet lineup of

PG-Hinrich
SG-Nocioni
SF-Granger
PF-JO
C-Murphy

--------
Foster
Diogu
Sefolosha
Rush
Daniels
Diener
Draft pick

I like our chances, those are some keys pieces that could thrive in our system, and could mesh together the right way and put us over the top. Hell, I'd even throw in a pick on our part to get this done.

Last edited by catzhernandez : 04-18-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:28 AM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we need to keep dunleavy. i'm not diggin' nocioni.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:37 AM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
we need to keep dunleavy. i'm not diggin' nocioni.
He would fit in just fine, and the addition of Hinrich would more than make up for it. Nocioni could flourish in our open-court system, as would Hinrich and Thabo. That lineup is solid, man, very solid. I'm just not sure if the Bulls would do something involving Hinrich... See, with Nocioni, we would only need him to be the third option, same as Dunleavy with a healthy JO and obviously Granger, but Nocioni could fill in just perfectly, with career highs even.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:02 AM   #15
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
He would fit in just fine, and the addition of Hinrich would more than make up for it. Nocioni could flourish in our open-court system, as would Hinrich and Thabo. That lineup is solid, man, very solid. I'm just not sure if the Bulls would do something involving Hinrich... See, with Nocioni, we would only need him to be the third option, same as Dunleavy with a healthy JO and obviously Granger, but Nocioni could fill in just perfectly, with career highs even.
I agree. We need to bring up our defense. If we could use Dunleavy as trade bait to move Tins, Im all for it. We need to stop focusing on offense and start focussing on defense. We were an elite team when we were a defensive minded team.

"Offense Wins Games, Defense Wins Championships"

look at the last few chamionship teams: San An and Detroit were the majority winners. Pure defensive minded teams
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: