Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 04-18-2008, 11:28 AM   #16
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Additions for Next Season

Nocioni can NOT play 2 guard. I'm completely against lateral moves at this point. Hinrich and Nocioni aren't going to put us in the Finals. I want a complete rebuilt with a focus on being truly competitive in 2 to 3 years.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Nocioni can NOT play 2 guard. I'm completely against lateral moves at this point. Hinrich and Nocioni aren't going to put us in the Finals. I want a complete rebuilt with a focus on being truly competitive in 2 to 3 years.
its hard to re-build in 2 - 3 years considering that we have some players with long-term contracts that wont be easy to move, like JO, Tins, and Murphy.

I agree with you that Noc cant play 2, but he can play at the 3 and 4 (like Artest) and his defense is amazing..he can bring that hard nosed defense back that we once had when we were considered an elite team

I dont think theres any team in the league that would want Murphy considering his contract. Hes making about $10 mill a season. Heres an option for a complete turn around, remember we got to get young guys to give them a year or 2 to get gain chemistry with one another.

Trade Tinsley, Dunleavy and Williams for Hinrich, Nocioni and Sefolosha.
Trade JO to Portland for Frye, LaFrentz (expirer), and Przybilla http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=4565038 ... Portland wants to add experience to their young lineup and get willing to deal http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...heel_and_deal/

With our pick in the draft we could add another big man like Love or Jordan...

That could leave us with...

Hinrich
Granger
Nocioni
Diogu
Frye

not a bad young line up. This kind of team could go deep in the East, and picking up a solid C in the draft like Love could put Frye back to his PF spot and Diogu off the bench. This is all wishful thinking on my part, I dont see Bird being all that active in the offseason. Its just his nature, and having an owner as a CEO and chairman always make them think of money first....... that lineup would be bad, nice young team you can build on

Last edited by PacerRaptor : 04-18-2008 at 11:58 AM.
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:24 PM   #18
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why get rid of dunleavy?
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #19
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drafting Russell Westbrook would make me happy. He's a bit of a project, but he can be an All-NBA defender within a few years. Not sure he can handle the point, but I honestly wouldn't be against Mike being our majority ball handler.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:32 PM   #20
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
why get rid of dunleavy?
Hes good, dont get me wrong. We have to improve our defense, its horrible. Hes a moveable asset and we can use him as trade bait to get rid of Tinsley. Nocioni is one of those players that can help us bring that defense back that we once had
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #21
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

we should show our appreciation and keep dunleavy. murphy is the one that needs to leave.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:48 AM   #22
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
we should show our appreciation and keep dunleavy. murphy is the one that needs to leave.
Dunleavy's value never has, or maybe never will be any higher than it is now. I'm a HUGE fan of his, you guys know this, but I'm down for a trade to bring in a guy like Hinrich and then Nocioni, especially if we can move Tins in the process.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #23
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Dunleavy's value never has, or maybe never will be any higher than it is now. I'm a HUGE fan of his, you guys know this, but I'm down for a trade to bring in a guy like Hinrich and then Nocioni, especially if we can move Tins in the process.

man, what's up w/ all this nocioni love gayness?
Old 04-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #24
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I respect everybody's opinions, but trading a guy like Mike Dunleavy does not seem like a good move at all. Sure he might not be a 1st team All-NBA defender, but he certainly is not a bad defender at all. There are plenty of other reasons why this team was not good defensively this past season. I don't really believe acquiring Nocioni will magically solve all our defensive problems either. The Pacers seemed to have problems denying dribble penetration and that rests on the whole team not just Dunleavy. Dunleavy played too hard and well for the Pacers to just discard him like that. At the same time though when a team only wins 36 games nobody's job is exactly safe.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #25
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
I respect everybody's opinions, but trading a guy like Mike Dunleavy does not seem like a good move at all. Sure he might not be a 1st team All-NBA defender, but he certainly is not a bad defender at all. There are plenty of other reasons why this team was not good defensively this past season. I don't really believe acquiring Nocioni will magically solve all our defensive problems either. The Pacers seemed to have problems denying dribble penetration and that rests on the whole team not just Dunleavy. Dunleavy played too hard and well for the Pacers to just discard him like that. At the same time though when a team only wins 36 games nobody's job is exactly safe.

I echo this. A guy like Lowry is who we should try and trade for. Replaces Tinsley, strong onball defender. If not that, Marcus Banks. He's not a starter by any stretch, but if they'll take Jamaal for him you do it. If we can trade for Lowry (maybe Shawne Williams) and sign Steve Blake I'd love it. I hated Dunleavy's contract before, now I love it and feel he's paid very responsibly. He's PERFECT in this system, there's very little I'd trade him for.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:32 AM   #26
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31

finally a voice of reason pierces thru the nocioni manlovedness.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: