Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 04-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

Default Manu, Iverson or Rondo

Asked this in another thread but wanted to ask it in it's own as well.

Keeper league, need a 4th keeper. Based on draft position round for the next year.

Rondo 8th round
Iverson 3rd round
Manu 5th round

Somebody just dropped Manu so I can pick him up and keep him with a 5th round pick if I want to. I like keeping late picks so was leaning towards Rondo entering his 3rd year from the 8th round, even though Iverson is a steal in the 3rd for next year. But, Manu in the 5th is interesting, ranked 14th on the year in Yahoo.

Thoughts? Thanks....
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Default Re: Manu, Iverson or Rondo

Manu in the fifth is pretty sick. That's the option I would be leaning towards. But there's an arguement for any of these. Just keep in mind that Iverson is playing for a contract extension next year I believe, so he might be looking to put together a pretty impressive season. But the way Manu scores, hits threes, hands out dimes and steals and offers great efficiency in %'s, that's where I'd probably look. I guess I'd rank them Manu, AI and Rondo, but you're a bigger believer in Rondo than I am.
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Iverson, Manu and Rondo in that order
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #4
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

As good as Manu has played, I think AI has played just as well if not better. He has been a consistent top 15 player all season and always brings it every night. Manu came off the bench this year, but you have to wonder if he will be starting again next year with Finley getting older.

Still, with AI's durability, I think you have to go with him. And as Ben mentioned, if that contract point he made is true, that will only motivate him to stay consistent if not outperform this year's numbers.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

Iverson even though he'll cost me a 3rd round pick and Manu a 5th? I could potentially re-draft Iverson in the late 2nd or early 3rd. It's a tough call.

Iverson could re-sign long term with Denver this summer, or he'll become a free agent after next year, but I think Denver will extend him which means next year will NOT be a contract year.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Iverson even though he'll cost me a 3rd round pick and Manu a 5th? I could potentially re-draft Iverson in the late 2nd or early 3rd. It's a tough call.

Iverson could re-sign long term with Denver this summer, or he'll become a free agent after next year, but I think Denver will extend him which means next year will NOT be a contract year.

That contract yr stuff honestly doesn't matter

AI is a baller, and can you honestly imagine him putting up better numbers
even if he goes nuts next yr its not gonna be much better than he's playing this yr, he's what 3 or 4th in scoring.

Also its not AI team, its Melo's and I would be surprised if AI is encouraged even more to pull back his offense.

No matter what though AI will be a stud unless he gets injured or his Age catches up to him.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

I apologize...I misunderstood the question. I didnt realize you replace the players with a pick of the round they are estimated to go in. Never played in keeper leagues before, although I would like to. In that case, Manu might be the perfect keeper in this case. There arent many players in the 5th round you can say are better than him. Sorry for the confusion.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjordan23
I apologize...I misunderstood the question. I didnt realize you replace the players with a pick of the round they are estimated to go in. Never played in keeper leagues before, although I would like to. In that case, Manu might be the perfect keeper in this case. There arent many players in the 5th round you can say are better than him. Sorry for the confusion.

Yes players round in year 2 is based on where they were drafted in year 1. So, year 1 was this year and Manu was a 5th round pick. That means I could use my 5th round pick next year and keep him. Iverson was a 3rd round pick this year, so he'd cost me my 3rd round next year.

I can keep 4 and already have 3 others I know I am keeping, so it came down to Manu/Iverson/Rondo but I think that I am leaning towards Manu as I know I will get a stud in round 3 via re-draft and I am not sure I can get someone as good as Manu in round 5. And like I said, Iverson would then go to the free agent pool and I might be able to re-draft him anyway as most GMs will be keeping their earlier round guys. Rondo might not even play to a top 80 rank next year so him in round 8 is risky as well, even though I am sure he'll be drafted before round 8 next year.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #9
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Yes players round in year 2 is based on where they were drafted in year 1. So, year 1 was this year and Manu was a 5th round pick. That means I could use my 5th round pick next year and keep him. Iverson was a 3rd round pick this year, so he'd cost me my 3rd round next year.

I can keep 4 and already have 3 others I know I am keeping, so it came down to Manu/Iverson/Rondo but I think that I am leaning towards Manu as I know I will get a stud in round 3 via re-draft and I am not sure I can get someone as good as Manu in round 5. And like I said, Iverson would then go to the free agent pool and I might be able to re-draft him anyway as most GMs will be keeping their earlier round guys. Rondo might not even play to a top 80 rank next year so him in round 8 is risky as well, even though I am sure he'll be drafted before round 8 next year.

Yep, I agree with your line of thinking. Who are your other three keepers again?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
RapsFan
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benJAMin
Yep, I agree with your line of thinking. Who are your other three keepers again?

Kaman 9th round, Jax 11th round and Sheed 7th round. I think most GMs will be keeping early picks and I think fantasy leagues are won with late picks. I might have old vets on my team compared to younger guys, but I will happily take the Pierce's and Iverson's in the early rounds.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: