Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-12-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Ron Stuckey and Aaron Afflalo

could they be the next chauncy billups and richard hamilton?
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Ron Stuckey and Aaron Afflalo

Right now I'm kind of getting flashbacks of Lindsey Hunter and Allen Houston…

My fear is one of them may leave and have success with another organization

If Stuckey continue to develop and improve the next couple seasons, he could be a top 10 point guard in this league and will bode well for the Pistons… A good PG is the cornerstone to success for this franchise.

Maybe one day… #3 will hang in the rafters with 2 names on it…

I hope we could keep them both AND that they develop to the level of great backcourts like Hamilton/Billups and Thomas/Dumars…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

As great as Wallace was for Detroit, I'm not convinced that his number will be retired.
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:52 PM   #4
AAD
I brick open layups

AAD has an OK reputation so far

Stuckey is good but im not sure afflalo is the right two guard along side stuckey but he will be good coming off the bench
AAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
As great as Wallace was for Detroit, I'm not convinced that his number will be retired.
he took it (perhaps) from the langois mail bag on monday.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #6
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

Stuckey has the offensive mind
he avg (25.8 pts) in college i think

Stuckey just needs to develop into a PG detroit wants him to
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #7
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
he took it (perhaps) from the langois mail bag on monday.

I like the Langois mailbag a lot, but sometimes he really sounds like a grumpy old man that wants you off his lawn. Other times, it's quite a good read.

At first, I thought giving Stuckey #3 was a 'take that' move against Ben Wallace. Too early to give someone that number, I thought. If we retire Ben's number, Stuckey would have to change his own. Keeping that number unavailable is the whole idea behind retiring it. They wouldn't make Stuckey change his number 5 years down the road, while he's in his prime, right?

Keith knows when not to show his cards if he knows some scoop, so I have a feeling he was just saying the right things not to anger anyone. That's my own thoughts on the issue, without anything official that says as much.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #8
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I like the Langois mailbag a lot, but sometimes he really sounds like a grumpy old man that wants you off his lawn. Other times, it's quite a good read.

At first, I thought giving Stuckey #3 was a 'take that' move against Ben Wallace. Too early to give someone that number, I thought. If we retire Ben's number, Stuckey would have to change his own. Keeping that number unavailable is the whole idea behind retiring it. They wouldn't make Stuckey change his number 5 years down the road, while he's in his prime, right?

Keith knows when not to show his cards if he knows some scoop, so I have a feeling he was just saying the right things not to anger anyone. That's my own thoughts on the issue, without anything official that says as much.

I thought the same thing of when they gave Stuckey #3 as in "take that, Ben"…

Eddie Jones had #25 then he was forced to change as the Lakers decided to retire the number for Gail Goodrich. Its possible the same could happen to Stuckey but if Stuckey turns out to have a spectacular career as a Piston, they might just retire the number for both of them?

Heh, I'm still amazed that they let Lindsey Hunter wear #10. I thought it was on hold in the event they retire Rodman's number.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:21 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think Detroit is going to let Stuckey go to another team. He will be able to learn a lot from Billups and judging from his play at the end of this season he is Detroits PG of the future. I'm not sure about Afflalo. He's probably going to be a backup guy no matter where he goes in this league. I think he fits in well in Detroit but he'll go to whomever offers him the most money when that time comes. We won't have to worry about it for a while yet so no big deal.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #10
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they did leave detroit, it probably wouldnt be for a year or two.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:01 AM   #11
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:

Yeah right! Sheeds guaranteed a retired jersey for the contribution he's made to this team.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #12
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
If they did leave detroit, it probably wouldnt be for a year or two.

probably 3 or 4 because they're on their rookie contracts
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #13
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Yeah right! Sheeds guaranteed a retired jersey for the contribution he's made to this team.

We're talking about Ben here.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:44 AM   #14
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

if detroit loose to boston i think stuckey will work extra hard at his game and prob will have a break out season next year like 14points 7 assists and 1.5 steals
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:31 AM   #15
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

After seeing Stuckey in this postseason, he will work extra hard no matter what happens. He has the size to be an all-star PG for years to come. One of his criticisms is his outside shot. Well, look at how well he shoots free throws. How many guys are there that are good free throw shooters that can't hit a 3? Not too many. Ball handling is also something that needs to progress throught a players firist few years in the NBA. He'll get that. He can already take guyst to the hole whenever he wants.

Here's the problem. Billups still has a few years left in him. He isn't necessarily old yet. How long do the Pistons have Stuckey locked up for? I'm not entirely sure about his rookie contract without looking it up.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: