Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #16
SCV42
Buck Foston

Default Re: What was your reaction when pau arrived laker fans?

I was "working" at my local watering hole around 2pm. Logged on to the Lapper and was shocked. I thought it was a joke, verified with other sports sites and promptly bought a round for the fellas in celebration. I thought...man, next year we could make a run in the playoffs. And here we are THIS year. Last generation had their "Where were you when..." moment with the moon landing. My moment is "The day when the Lakers stopped sucking".

Good times...
Good times
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #17
Lakers13
Reload Time

I was at work checking espn from my phone and saw the deal got done. Went crazy and started to tell all the laker fans that I worked with and then texted all my laker buddies and family members.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #18
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

I remember like it was yesterday. I was surfing through the net and decided to check out NBA.com to see what the scores were. There, on the front page was Pau Gasol in a Lakers uniform headlined underneath, "Gasol 24 points 10 rebounds, leads Lakers to victory against the NJN."

I blanked out thinking it was some cruel joke at first, so I immediately went to ESPN.com and Lakers.com just to check if this was real, and both sites confirmed the trade. I immediately shouted at the top of my lungs like 2 in the morning and called all my buddies told them about the revelation!

Truly one of the happiest days of my life!
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM   #19
alexthegod
Local High School Star

I was sick as a dog in the backseat of a friends car on the way to Vegas, when my buddy called me and told me about the trade. I didn't believe him especially when he rattled off what we gave up. I made him read the espn article so I knew he wasnt bluffing lol.

Hey GTS, did a wolf jump in the backseat and eat one of the racoons?
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:20 PM   #20
andredpg
I airball my layups

i was just surfing trough net, went to espn page and saw headline "gasol to lakers" or sth like that
at first i just thought "good move. we have gasol but there goes lamar" but when i read the article i realized that pau was trade for kweme and javaris, LO not included... i was really shocked... immediatelly i've send a message to my friend that was at that time in spain, and ask her what was the reaction there, as gasol is one of their biggest sport heroes :)
andredpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:44 PM   #21
DaRizzle
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
i dont really think i can put into words my feelings/reactions but Ill try

Night before the trade, I read a rumor on another laker forum, and this memphis blogger who was supposedly very credible said something in his blog along the lines of "...dont be shocked to see Kwame Brown in a grizzlies uniform"...for some reason I went to bed with a 'feeling'

Next day, I wake up around 11 30 am, just flippin thru the tv channel guide, decide to check out espnews like i always do...BAM. [Breaking News: "Pau Gasol traded to Lakers"]. I instantly jump up in the air and onto my couch screaming "oh my God oh my God" then take another second to see who it was for, after that there was a lot of running around, dancing, jumping on top of things. Then i get on ISH and join the party on there I was all over the place for a while

We were exact twins for those few moments especially if you are in the Pacific Time Zone!
DaRizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #22
Jayrome05
Skadoosh

mannn when i heard about it... it was crazy... i just got out of school and usually on fridays me and couple others go to my friends house to play Nba 2k8 and basketball at his house... first thing we did we turned on the tv and it was on espn and we saw pau gasol's face with lakers logos around it... and we were like "WTH!!!!". we heard lakers got pau for kwame and javaris and at first we were like " javaris is gone? awwww" we had a moment of silence and then we all ran outside the house telling everyone in sight that we got gasol... and then i remember the week after... nobody could stop talking about how we were going to win a championship and that the lakers were not going to repeat last year with how poor they played with injuries....and at that moment i thought..."I LOVE BASKETBALL! and the LAKERS"
Jayrome05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 09:25 PM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwame Brown
mitch told me the night before the raptors game. i went to a bar to drink away the hurt.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:04 AM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCV42
I was "working" at my local watering hole around 2pm. Logged on to the Lapper and was shocked. I thought it was a joke, verified with other sports sites and promptly bought a round for the fellas in celebration. I thought...man, next year we could make a run in the playoffs. And here we are THIS year. Last generation had their "Where were you when..." moment with the moon landing. My moment is "The day when the Lakers stopped sucking".

Good times...
Good times
lol "working" so where abouts is your hangout in town?
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:18 AM   #25
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
lol "working" so where abouts is your hangout in town?

stalker???

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:47 AM   #26
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

I was in class till about 2. (usually on the comp around 4ish) I went to visit my middle school teacher who is a Warrior fan and he comes up to me and asks me if I heard about the trade and I said I didn't so he told me about it.. I ran home got on the computer to make sure it was true and was laughing my acss off after reading who we got him for.

all you guys got some funnyacss stories
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 12:56 AM   #27
KB24
Kids at the park dunk on me

i was also 'working' during that morning, and i get an instant message from a buddy saying 'lakers got pau!!'. First thing i did was check espn to see if its official.. saw nothing since espn is slow. did see news about this trade on a few basketball sites.. kept refreshing espn till they finally posted the story 30mins later. 'wow is this true? OMG. wait, we still have kobe bynum AND odom? OMFG. broke the news to a few of my friends and had a big smile on my face the rest of the day
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:13 AM   #28
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

=) .

A lamar avatar???

I like....

When I heard about it I was just leaving 4th period and going to the lunch tables and my friend told me we got Gasol. (AT first I was like ****K)
I thought we dealt lamar/Bynum or at least lamar. Boy I was upset. Then I heard we kept LO,Bynum. That we just traded Kwame+Javaris+Picks+Mckie,

When I was told we gave up Mckie i was like "wtf? you fukin liar"
Because he was laughing so I thought he was joking. I was like mckie retired... I was unaware that we could resign him out of retirement. So we went to my world lit teacher to check online and I told my friend if he was lying he was gonna get it. He was right.....

So I was

Happy.....
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 03:22 AM   #29
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

I was on leave from work and my friend sent me a message saying the trade had happened, he is a Pacers fan and likes to Laker hate so I thought it was one of his usual stupid carry on's.

He told me to go and turn on TV and see for myself, so I turned on ESPN and my jaw nearly fell to the floor from shock when I saw what we got him for, I was happy in the pants for the rest of the day.

Last edited by Big_Dogg : 04-14-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:48 AM   #30
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

I was at home. That's always where I am seeing that I am a stay at home daughter.

I wont lie, I don't pay a lot of attention to teams/players other than the Lakers. So unless the team has a player that I like I don't know much about the team or its players.

Therefor I didn't know much about Gasol. The little bit that I knew about Gasol wasn't enough.

So I began to research more about him.

After checking out his stats and reading what some people where saying here I felt pretty good about him.

So I was happy
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: