Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-14-2006, 11:09 PM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Gooden Off the Table...

So, Gooden signed with the the Cavs today.... he's no longer an option...It looks like Harrington is close to signing with Indiana... presuming they can get that deal done...

So, what is left for the Lakers if anything? I don't see them doing anything aggressive unfortunately.

Thoughts?
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
LakerFan1086
Serious playground baller

I think that they could possibly cut someone in order to make room for a young player .. but other than that I really don't see anything major will happen. I heard something that the lakers were intrested in Bonzi but it sounded more as speculation more than anything else.

I think we should keep the squad we have now see how it goes and see who's available at the trade deadline to see if anyone is intrested in expiring contracts.
LakerFan1086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:27 AM   #3
Aristotle8/24
I airball my layups

I would still like Harrington, but it seems like a long shot so if this is the final lineup we'll be fine.
Aristotle8/24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #4
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
I think that they could possibly cut someone in order to make room for a young player .. but other than that I really don't see anything major will happen. I heard something that the lakers were intrested in Bonzi but it sounded more as speculation more than anything else.

I think we should keep the squad we have now see how it goes and see who's available at the trade deadline to see if anyone is intrested in expiring contracts.

Lakers intrested in Bonzi?????? Link Please
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:33 AM   #5
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

So were they trying to approach him? I didnt know that. Why were they? They have so many players already.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 AM   #6
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
So were they trying to approach him? I didnt know that. Why were they? They have so many players already.
so many mediocre players. Bonzi is a legit player
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 AM   #7
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Bonzi Wells didn't sign with the Sacramento Kings probably because he wanted more money. If money is an issue, why would he sign with Los Angeles Lakers if they've already used up their Mid-Level Exception??? All that's left is the Low-Level Exception and Veteran's Minimun.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:12 AM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
so many mediocre players. Bonzi is a legit player
Where exactly would he fit in though.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 AM   #9
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

I think L.A. will stand pat and see what chemistry they have on the court together.

I seriously doubt that Kupchak has anything else up his sleeve.

They'll be fine with what they have. I think the additions they have now will assist in getting them to the next level. And if not, say Bon Voyage to Mihm, Brown, possibly Odom and Smush.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #10
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Where exactly would he fit in though.

bonzi can play the 2 or the 3 (remember how he rebounds), plus the triangle doesn't need real PG's right? so he can just play alongside Kobe, n also I believe if u can make an upgrade 2 ur roster w/o givin up 2 much, then u should do it. I don't think u can b 2 deep. We're definitely not deep enough 2 be championship contendors. U c teams like DAl and SA n MIA w/ former allstars comin off the bench, that's the type of depth we need... everyone says that MIhm is slowing down Bynum's progression so if we could get bonzi 4 mihm n pieces I'd do the trade....if Kobe got injured, Wells would just take his spot, play 40 mins n hopefully hold the fort till he returns, we don't have someone 2 do that, n if kobe gets injured for like 15 games, the season's pretty much lost.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:13 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
bonzi can play the 2 or the 3 (remember how he rebounds), plus the triangle doesn't need real PG's right? so he can just play alongside Kobe, n also I believe if u can make an upgrade 2 ur roster w/o givin up 2 much, then u should do it. I don't think u can b 2 deep. We're definitely not deep enough 2 be championship contendors. U c teams like DAl and SA n MIA w/ former allstars comin off the bench, that's the type of depth we need... everyone says that MIhm is slowing down Bynum's progression so if we could get bonzi 4 mihm n pieces I'd do the trade....if Kobe got injured, Wells would just take his spot, play 40 mins n hopefully hold the fort till he returns, we don't have someone 2 do that, n if kobe gets injured for like 15 games, the season's pretty much lost.
Yeah but Kings want a sign and trade right? Who are we gonna put on the block for him? dblockallstars do you have AIM?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:15 PM   #12
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So, Gooden signed with the the Cavs today.... he's no longer an option...It looks like Harrington is close to signing with Indiana... presuming they can get that deal done...

So, what is left for the Lakers if anything? I don't see them doing anything aggressive unfortunately.

Thoughts?

There are still lots of opportunities out there and we have desirable pieces (Mihm, McKie's contract). NY needs to make some moves, specifically QRich. Charlotte must add contracts. Portland is trying to move both Miles & Zach. I could see some deals happening and we may be a part of it.

Also I'm glad we didn't pay $7+m per for Gooden, nor $9+m per for Harrington.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:20 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Mihm's probably the only player that we're willing to trade.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #14
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Mihm's probably the only player that we're willing to trade.

disagree. we're willing to trade anyone but Kobe IF it makes sense. but within the realm of likelihood, we would certainly trade Mihm, McKie, Cook, Sasha.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:35 PM   #15
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
disagree. we're willing to trade anyone but Kobe IF it makes sense. but within the realm of likelihood, we would certainly trade Mihm, McKie, Cook, Sasha.
No, I meant like most Laker fans here have been talking about tradeing Mihm, Cook. I kinda like Sasha. 6'8 SG, nice touch too. Nevermind, if we would get someone good in return, its ok.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: