Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-13-2008, 02:22 PM   #1
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Your situation?

Who do mocks have you taking?

You've already got Roy, Aldridge, and Oden to build off.

Who's your SF next year? (You're loaded with them) Webster, Outlaw, and Jones.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Your situation?

Draft assuming pick #13:
H oo ps wo rld has Kevin Love as #13
Insidehoops has Hansbrough at 13
h oo ps hy pe has Derrin Collison at 13

I think there is a strong possibility that the Blazers use the pick in a trade though. Either to move up or to get a proven player (most likely a PG). Of the 3 listed above, Derrin Collison makes the most sense for the Blazers unless we find another PG.

Outlaw will likely be the starting SF barring a trade. Jones I believe could walk this summer since he is only the 3rd SF. Webster's name has been brought up a lot in trade talks though which could move Jones to 2nd SF making him more likely to stay. Plenty of rumors have Webster, Jack and a pick going out for a PG, but we will have to wait and see.

I see Jack as the most likely guy to be traded. His role has been a scorer from the bench in the SG position. With Rudy Fernandez coming over next year and wanting minutes, I see Jack being traded to make room for Rudy to play.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #3
B-Roy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

B-Roy has an OK reputation so far

Webster at SF. Travis is going to be our 6th/7th man next to Rudy.
B-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Small Forward of the future is going to be Rudy Fernandez. Outlaw is being groomed to be a back up power forward probably to keep him and Fernandez here.

In the draft I'd love to see the Blazers take Collison. I think he's the best PG in the draft for Nate's system. He's like a younger, more athletic Steve Blake and has pretty good basketball fundementals.

If Love is around, I feel like Portland would take him though because we love to bring home kids who are from the NW

Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Brandon Roy
Martell Webster

All since Pritchard has been in the draft room and Ass. GM or GM of the Blazers.

I feel that James Jones will walk which is why I'd prefer the Blazers moving up and taking Eric Gordon to fill the outside shooting void on the bench that Jones will leave. I'm not sold on Webster as a Glenn Rice type player anymore. He's far to inconsistant and I think he will be shopped with picks and Jarrett Jack and all the other people they could trade
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen

Dan Dickau
Fred Jones
Brandon Roy
Martell Webster

All since Pritchard has been in the draft room and Ass. GM or GM of the Blazers.

I'd just want to point out that a while back reports came out that Webster wasn't Pritchard's choice, he wanted Chris Paul.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: