Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #1
netsfan549
High School Starter

netsfan549 has decent reputationnetsfan549 has decent reputation
Default How can I become a great PG?

How can I become a great PG? I can dribble but i cant dribble going to my left I know i need to practice on that step

Last edited by netsfan549 : 04-13-2008 at 07:10 PM.
netsfan549 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: How can I become a great PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsfan549
How can I become a great PG? I can dribble but i cant dribble going to my left I know i need to practice on that step
alway look to set up your teammates. Work on layups both left and right. Then you can attack the whole and go in looking to score and read the D. If they don't play you lay it in. If they do hit your big man or a shooter for an open shot.

You also have to have a coach that lets you have enough freedom offensively to let you do these things.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:30 PM   #3
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How can you become a great PG?

You have to learn to use youre left and right hand. im a young pg thats working on my skills too() and you have to be able to use both hands.
1~Gibson~1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the best way to becoming a great PG is watching an instructional video and then having a protein shake.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #5
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

dribble tennis balls.

also dribble a bball and throw a tennis ball in the air with the other one and catch it.
dont look at the bball.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #6
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You are only as good as your shoe. The nicer your shoe the better you play, if you get Nike Shox, for example, you jump higher.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #7
lil_watz
I brick open layups

lil_watz has an OK reputation so far

Have confidence in yourself. You are the one in control of the ball, the defender has to react to what you do, keep that in mind. As a pg you should be able to dribble with either hand without looking at the ball. Being a point gaurd you must be aware of what is going on around you. Look for you teammates and always be willing to pass up that shot for someone else. You are the quarterback of the team, you need to be able to lead that team on the offensive end.
lil_watz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #8
determined2win
I hit open layups

determined2win has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
You are only as good as your shoe. The nicer your shoe the better you play, if you get Nike Shox, for example, you jump higher.
you must be joking
determined2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:26 PM   #9
Trajko
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Trajko has an OK reputation so far

It goes without saying that your quickness, ballhandling and of course, DETERMINATION are crucial.

I'd also suggest watching the guys like Magic Johnson, Tony Parker, Allen Iverson, Jason Kidd (just to name a few) play. You can't find their plays on youtube.com

Also, you can search there for, for example, top 10 plays in 2007 or whatever.

On my website, specifially on this page, I have some tips on better ballhandling and all that. It's all free, so you can check it out if you want.

http://www.best-basketball-tips.com/...ng-drills.html
Trajko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: