Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #1
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation
Default Official Team USA----vs-----South Korea Game Thread

Will be played August 15 at 1:30am, to be broadcasted on american TV at 1:30PM on ESPN.

USA Lineup:

Hinrich/Paul/Wade/Johnson/James/Anthony/Battier/Jamison/Bosh/Miller/Howard/Brand

Gilbert chose not to take his cut like a man, Bowen may play but will be cut at the end barring any major disaster to the US 12-man roster.

The question is whether the US front line can stop the Korean monster known as Ha Seung Jim. Also, Korea only lost to Lithuania by 2, so they not as crappy as most people assume.

Also, what happens if somebody like Antawn gets injured for real and has to withdraw? Gilbert might have screwed himself with this fake "face-saving injury" since he obviously can't say "Oh wait, I'm better now...let me back on." He'll lose his place to Bruce Bowen

Last edited by AppleNader : 08-15-2006 at 12:50 AM.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 AM   #2
SHADYMILKMAN
Banned

SHADYMILKMAN has not been impressing people

coach K reminds me of hitler.....he needs to do a pregame speech about how korea hates us and **** and have our players give it their all.....50+ pt. blowout
SHADYMILKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 AM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

fear Ha!

artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:57 AM   #4
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

If you want to watch it Live,I'll give you the link.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:59 AM   #5
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

Can't wait for this. I swung the working from home angle just to watch this game.........

Really looking forward to the FIBA tournament though. Perfect tide me over until the start of the basketball season.
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:01 AM   #6
duscrapiron
Can barely lace up my sneakers

duscrapiron has an OK reputation so far

please do
duscrapiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:02 AM   #7
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
If you want to watch it Live,I'll give you the link.

whats the link ??? is it free???
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:04 AM   #8
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

yea it's free but you have to download something which takes 2 mins.

http://live-sports.atspace.com/s/Bas...USA-Korea.html
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:04 AM   #9
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Wait, so is this playing... tomorrow morning. great, I'll be asleep.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:07 AM   #10
defmut
I hit open layups

defmut has an OK reputation so far

The local listings doesn't show that the game will be aired. Instead it shows sportcenter at 1:00am followed by the World Series of Poker at 2:00am. wtf?
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 AM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Will be played August 15 at 1:30am, to be broadcasted on american TV at 1:30PM on ESPN.

USA Lineup:

Hinrich/Paul/Wade/Johnson/James/Anthony/Battier/Jamison/Bosh/Miller/Howard/Brand

Gilbert chose not to take his cut like a man, Bowen may play but will be cut at the end barring any major disaster to the US 12-man roster.

The question is whether the US front line can stop the Korean monster known as Ha Seung Jim. Also, Korea only lost to Lithuania by 2, so they not as crappy as most people assume.

Also, what happens if somebody like Antawn gets injured for real and has to withdraw? Gilbert might have screwed himself with this fake "face-saving injury" since he obviously can't say "Oh wait, I'm better now...let me back on." He'll lose his place to Bruce Bowen

I cant really say any predictions about this game except, its gonna be one good game.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 AM   #12
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

So the game starts in 20 minutes???
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:17 AM   #13
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader

USA Lineup:

I thought it was 1 AM? Are we going to get to see the game at all or do we get more sportscenter and poker crap?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #14
Duck Rodgers
Serious playground baller

Duck Rodgers has an OK reputation so far

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm..._schedule.html

That says it starts in 10 minutes....hope so....I'm dying for some b-ball right now.
Duck Rodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:20 AM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

will it be on nba tv?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: