Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-14-2008, 01:52 PM   #16
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Get that last game and MVP should be KB's??

Thereís a good chance he wonít win it, to be honest. I mean first the media said whoever comes out on top in the West should win it, but now Iíve heard a few of the same analysts saying CP3 canít be denied because of the Hornetís turn around. I think that CP3 is as deserving as Kobe, but I hate when people donít stick to their word.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:03 PM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

what i find interesting is that early on when the MVP talk started up, fans and media alike had kobe, lebron and kg as the main canidates.

then as the season progressed and it was seen the KG was really not a single entity in the celtics but part of a complete team effort the talk dropped off to just kobe and lebron...then lebron faltered as the cavs strugggled and voila' in comes chris paul...

now i feel paul has had a great season and is certainly a worthy canidate, i just find it odd that his name gets national attention only after it becomes clear that kobe was doing better then lebron and kg in regards to the MVP award...
the hornets have been winning at a high rate all season yet CP got no airplay until kobe was the last man standing of the early favorites.

all talk the last two weeks have been kobe vs. paul, whoevers team wins the west or has the best record wins MVP

but here lies the twist, with the hornets having gone 1-3 in their last 4 and the lakers beating the hornets and spurs over the weekend and having taken the lead in the west, come monday morning who's the national meeting tossing into the debate ?
KG has risen from the MVP ashes and is being talked up again...lol

Last edited by gts : 04-14-2008 at 02:08 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:10 PM   #18
Frank Foley
High School Varsity 6th Man

Frank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat coolFrank Foley is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
CP got no airplay until kobe was the last man standing of the early favorites.

To be fair, Paul picked it up a bit after the All Star break. He was great pre-ASB, too, but he put up some ridiculous, Magic/Isiah type numbers in Feb/March (something like 24/13/4/3/.500). Judging from his April numbers, it looks like he's fallen back down to earth.
Frank Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #19
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

i'd be happy if kobe won it, but if chris paul wins i wont be mad at all
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #20
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
what i find interesting is that early on when the MVP talk started up, fans and media alike had kobe, lebron and kg as the main canidates.

then as the season progressed and it was seen the KG was really not a single entity in the celtics but part of a complete team effort the talk dropped off to just kobe and lebron...then lebron faltered as the cavs strugggled and voila' in comes chris paul...

now i feel paul has had a great season and is certainly a worthy canidate, i just find it odd that his name gets national attention only after it becomes clear that kobe was doing better then lebron and kg in regards to the MVP award...
the hornets have been winning at a high rate all season yet CP got no airplay until kobe was the last man standing of the early favorites.

all talk the last two weeks have been kobe vs. paul, whoevers team wins the west or has the best record wins MVP

but here lies the twist, with the hornets having gone 1-3 in their last 4 and the lakers beating the hornets and spurs over the weekend and having taken the lead in the west, come monday morning who's the national meeting tossing into the debate ?
KG has risen from the MVP ashes and is being talked up again...lol

Interesting... I'd love to hear comments from some of the national radio sports programs on something to this effect...

Perhaps the bottom line is that people love to hate Kobe.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:07 PM   #21
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
That my friend is a travesty. The Logo deserved to at least get one...

I feel the same way about KB. I hope just for the sake of his talent and delivery at crunch moments that he gets one.

I personally think being on the NBA logo is a greater honor than anything else, including multiple MVP awards. The MVP award will long be forgotten in the next 4-5 seasons guaranteed. Hell, even I don't remember who won the mvp in (lets say just for the hell of it) 00, 01, 02, 03, 04. I know KG/AI/Shaq/Duncan won in one of those seasons but even I can't tell you who won what in which season. The person on the logo will always be remembered for generations to come.

Anyways, I think Kobe should get it this season. I know I am biased for being a Laker fan but I think he did more than enough for the Lakers this season to earn the MVP trophy. I know there was all that nonsense over the summer but it actually helped the Lakers more than anything. It forced the Lakers team to work extra. Just look at Bynum coming early BEFORE KOBE(according to some articles) for shoot around before the actual games. That REALLY shows that Bynum started caring more and started spending much more time and effort into improving his game to prove Kobe wrong. I don't know if Kobe's intentions were partially to do that in a way or not but we will probably find out about it after he retires.
KOBE, IF YOU WIN THE MVP TROPHY, MAKE SURE IT ISN'T DIRK ROUND 2 OR EVEN NASH ROUND 3!! Show the world what you really are and get another championship into LA!!
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:41 PM   #22
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

LakerDynasty00 has decent reputationLakerDynasty00 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Interesting... I'd love to hear comments from some of the national radio sports programs on something to this effect...

Perhaps the bottom line is that people love to hate Kobe.

It can be two things: One, what you said, everyone loves to hate Kobe. Or it can just be the media being the media. What I mean is, they need to make it a "race" or "contest" because if any one guy is a clear-cut favorite they have nothing to talk about. Gone are the inane debates, fiery dialog, and endless discussion. So, as a matter of generating ratings they'll always throw a second or third name around regardless of how valid their candidacy might be. I'm not saying KG doesn't deserve mention, but when you have another guy on your team that could be in the top 10 of MVP voting (Paul Peirce) I'm sorry you just can't give it to them.

I still say its a very close call between KB and CP3, with a slight edge to our team's top dog.

I will say if Paul hadn't fallen off the last few games (and the Lakers didn't beat NO) the voters would have found any way possible not to give it to Kobe, but now they've run out of excuses. We will likely get the top Western Conference seed, the Lakers have won 7/8, Kobe's put up great numbers consistently all year, and has carried the team through multiple long-lasting devastating injuries.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:52 PM   #24
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Kobe won't need to win this game.

New Orleans' final game of the regular season is at Dallas. If Dallas loses, they drop to #8 and play the Lakers in the first round, something they'll obviously want to avoid (all it would require is beating New Orleans on their own floor). I just don't see New Orleans beating Dallas with that much on the line. I want the Lakers to beat Sacramento for obvious reasons, but I doubt it will make a difference. New Orleans' loss at Sacramento was the deciding factor.

Well, Denver is still 1 full game behind Dallas. Both teams have 1 games left - unfortunately, I doubt Dallas will beat NO. Denver still has to win their game to tie Dallas' record. Anybody know whether Denver holds the tiebreaker or Dallas? I am pretty sure Dallas holds the tiebreaker but not 100% sure.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote