Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 06-08-2006, 07:49 PM   #1
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation
Default Next Year's Draft Should be Stacked

This year's draft doesn't have the great talent at the top like most other drafts. This is due to the new NBA age limit. Since this is the first year it is in effect, all of this year's high schoolers (where the big talent is often found in drafts) can't enter the draft, and all of last year's big high school talents are already in the NBA. This means next year's draft should be relatively stacked, as there will be the usual number of college upper classmen coming out in addition to this year's high school seniors (college freshmen next year) that were denied draft elibility this year.

Barring any injury-related setbacks, Greg Oden, Joakim Noah, Thaddeus Young, Jeff Green, Corey Brewer, Tywon Lawson, Sherron Collins, and Tyler Hansbrough should become elite-level NBA players. Also, there are guys (who need to put in more work than the aforementioned players before I will say that they will be good NBA players) such as Kevin Durant, Brandon Wright, Yi Jianlian, Julian Wright, Josh Mcroberts, Al Horford, Alexis Ajinca, Tiago Splitter, and Spencer Hawes. Like I said, these guys may not pan out, but any one of them could (realatively) easily become NBA stars.

In short, there is a distinct possibility that there will be an NBA all-star team in the near future consisting solely of players from the 2007 draft.

Now, obviously, this is quite extreme, but given the talent in next year's draft, it could actually happen.

**(For the foreign players, I can only go by what I read (I only base my opinions on information acquired from trusted sources), however my opinions on Americans are based on what I have seen).

(All players listed will be eligible for the 2007 NBA draft)

(I looked at nbadraft.net's 2007 mock draft and made my own analysis of the players already on the list (I added Sherron Collins and Tywon Lawson). If you would like to take a look at the players I talked about, visit http://nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2007...

~NYKnicks914
www.dwolin.blogspot.com
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: