Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-15-2008, 12:33 PM   #31
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Deltron 3030 - Quite Possibly the Best Hiphop Album I've Ever Heard

Dr. Octagon > Deltron 3030

Everyone was blown away when they first heard 3030, especially the title track. Even my girl was on that shit. But, if you listen to each album time and time again, you'll come to the conclusion Dr. Octagon holds more replay value. This is a given, even at face value where you can't see it happening.

Dr. Octagon was very much under the radar for such a long time. It was hot when it first dropped back in '96, but then album sales surged once again after people heard about Dan the Automator's work on 3030, and how it was often compared to Dr. Octagon.

There's no question Kool Keith is the better emcee (when he wants to be!), but Dan the Automator's work IMO is as equally good on both album, difference being Dr. Octagon is a darker... creeper album and just better put together (DJ Q-Bert > Kid Koala).

_____

Speaking of Kool Keith, Dr. Octagon is not pinnacle of work. Dr. Dooom is a less superior album production wise (KutMasta Kurt) - however lyrically this is vastly different from the space persona of Dr. Octagon, where Kool Keith takes it to the streets. To me, Dr. Dooom > Dr. Octagon.

Someone mentioned Project Polaroid. I've been banging that in the mornings since it came out. It's a shame many people don't know about it. Space 8000 is my shit. Loved Talk to the Romans, Diamond District, The Overviewer and Midwestern Shoe Calhoun.

Nogatco Rd (Dr. Octagon reversed) was also a very surprised Kool Keith release (in a good way!). Big Adventure and Different are just phenomenal and mind blowing.

I'm glad to see some fellow Kool Keith fans here too. Back on the old board before anyone really knew or gave a damn about Kool Keith, people would flame me for trying to preach about his music.

Sad thing is, Kool Keith has been innovating the rap game since the days of Ultramagnetic MCs... but all these "supposed" hip-hop heads here wouldn't know jack shit about that of course.

Yes, there is a world where someone can be a huge fan of both Lil Wayne and Kool Keith!
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:11 PM   #32
Suns4Life
Hey-OOOOOOOOO

Suns4Life has decent reputation

Del sucks live
Suns4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #33
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns4Life
Del sucks live

So does Kool Keith half the time.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Del the Funky Homosapien, he always spit sickness and was a emcee amongst others of course who changed your perspective of West Coast rappers. You were led to believe the whole gang banging, hardcore, gangsta content was all that side could feed you. He was one of many who helped changed that for those who were into hip hop. I'm sure some still think thats all Cali is, when its not. I always was a fan of Casual from that whole crew.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #35
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kool Keith is horrible....planet Jupiter can claim him if they want. Earth dont!

bwhaahaaaa
Old 04-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #36
Legend of Josh
Banned

GOBB - you should check Jedi Mind Tricks being from Philly and all.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #37
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
GOBB - you should check Jedi Mind Tricks being from Philly and all.

I know about them. They dont get enough props from folks here. Thier song is on my myspace page "A Man Apart".
Old 04-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #38
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suns4Life
Del sucks live
i agree

devin the dude puts on a hell of a live show though
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #39
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

JMT is one of my favourites. Great group.

Still been listening to Deltron all day. Such an amazing album.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #40
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
i agree

devin the dude puts on a hell of a live show though

He's a funny rapper. Like a comedian who can rap.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:09 PM   #41
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Del's the better emcee, but Dr. Octagonalogyst is the better album between Deltron 3030 and Dr. Octagonalogyst.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:11 PM   #42
Legend of Josh
Banned

Del > Kool Keith ??????

Have you not heard Dr. Dooom? Check it out.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #43
Vragrant
National High School Star

Vragrant is considered somewhat coolVragrant is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Del > Kool Keith ??????

Have you not heard Dr. Dooom? Check it out.

Yeah I dont get it, to each their own, but I dont think Del is in Kool Keiths league.

Del has 3030. Keith as Dr. Octagon, Dr. Doom, Project Polariod, Black Elvis Lost In Space and others. Kool Keith has tons of concept albums whereas Del has one from what I see.

Dr. Dooom, is sick, a serial killer roaming the streets. Dr. Octagon an intergalactic gynecologist. Keiths creativity, styles, flows and ideas are unmatched. I just don't think Del has the ability to do what Kool Keith can do

My opinion of course.

Last edited by Vragrant : 04-15-2008 at 11:15 PM.
Vragrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #44
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation

36 chambers is much much better. If they were basketball players, 36 chambers would be Reggie Miller and Deltron 3030 would be JJ Reddick. Bizarre Ride II: The Pharcyde west coast rap that is Ray Allen to Deltron 3030's Reddick.

Last edited by High Potential : 04-15-2008 at 11:26 PM.
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:46 AM   #45
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

bizarre ride is the best hip hop album i can think of but i think your analogy is poor. i think it's like dwight (36 chambers) vs. amare (deltron) vs. KG (bizarre ride II the pharcyde), Reddick would be like... the arsonists.

EDIT:
Ah, yeah- Ridonks, you should check out "Haiku De Tat" (self titled first album). I feel like if you like Deltron you'll get into this.
Also there's this album called "Green and Gold" by The Anonymous that is worth checking out. The song "Dr. EZ's Cool Fantastic (part 1 or 2, can't remember)" is great.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 04-16-2008 at 04:54 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: