Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-16-2008, 12:16 PM   #46
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Deltron 3030 - Quite Possibly the Best Hiphop Album I've Ever Heard

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
36 chambers is much much better. If they were basketball players, 36 chambers would be Reggie Miller and Deltron 3030 would be JJ Reddick. Bizarre Ride II: The Pharcyde west coast rap that is Ray Allen to Deltron 3030's Reddick.
I've listened to 36 Chambers. I prefer Deltron as the overall package. But even if I didn't, it sure as hell wouldn't be Reddick to Wu's ****ing Reg.

Quote:
i think it's like dwight (36 chambers) vs. amare (deltron)
Now there's a good comparison. Deltron is a whole lot of flash with a ton of substance tucked beneath (like Amare), whereas 36 Chambers just gets it done in a grittier way, with the substance and brilliance staying pretty apparent (like Dwight).

That's the way it seems to me anyways. Strangely enough, I take Deltron over 36 Chambers, but I'm still not convinced that I'd want Amare over Dwight.

Quote:
Ah, yeah- Ridonks, you should check out "Haiku De Tat" (self titled first album). I feel like if you like Deltron you'll get into this.
Also there's this album called "Green and Gold" by The Anonymous that is worth checking out. The song "Dr. EZ's Cool Fantastic (part 1 or 2, can't remember)" is great.
I'll try to check those out, haven't heard of any of it.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #47
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

As great as 3030 is, it'll get very old very fast. You'll be listening to it one day then suddenly say WTF... am I still listening to the same Deltron 3030 as before?

It'll be like hitting a brick wall. Trust me.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #48
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For what it's worth, the sequel to Deltron 3030 has an alleged release date of July 21, 2012 (according to Kid Koala).

I already know what tends to happen with sequels to anything, whether it be movies, music, books, etc. I know the success rate (rather, overall quality) in comparison to the original tends to be low. However, I choose to dream and hope Deltron: Event II can at least approach a similar area code. I used to be a big follower of Del but I'm not as much a fan of his own productions, so I'm really hedging my bets on Mr. Automator and Koala.

Also, not to wait four years before weighing in but, simply from a personal taste perspective, I own both Dr. Octagon and Deltron 3030 and I like them, but I'd take 3030 each and every day of the week. Even now, over ten years since my first listen, Deltron can still feel fresh.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #49
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
As great as 3030 is, it'll get very old very fast. You'll be listening to it one day then suddenly say WTF... am I still listening to the same Deltron 3030 as before?

It'll be like hitting a brick wall. Trust me.
haha this actually happened. probably more because i spun the record to dust over the course of a few months rather than there being anything inherently wrong with it, but i definitely took a break and didn't listen to it for at least a year.

haven't listened to doc oc in an even longer time i should pop that back in, some of the grimiest shit i've ever listened to. i wonder if kieth's hooks will annoy me the way they did when i first heard him. lol he definitely doesn't lack for interesting things to say.
Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #50
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Top 3 Automator production for sure, behind Lovage and the first Handsome Boy album.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #51
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

First single from Deltron Event II released today, City Rising From the Ashes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymAqvBhzmOY
Old 06-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #52
305Baller
LeBron's ex-girlfriend

305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board305Baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
And if it isn't, it's certainly my favourite. Easily the best concept album, that's for sure. I know it's been out for quite a while, but I just recently caught word of it, and I just finished listening to it.

I was blown away.

The whole thing is a masterpiece. The story is fantastic, with the lyrics keeping a relatively strict attachment to it. The lyrics are tight, nothing absolutely mind-blowing, but well above average. The production though, that's where this thing shines through. It uses really eerie and somewhat futuristic beats, setting the tone for the entire album.

It's amazing, if you haven't checked it out, do so as quickly as possible.

Here's the first track, 3030, which sets the story that the rest of the album weaves through.

Link

I'm still in awe right now, this was ridiculous.

wow you must have not heard shit, kid
305Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #53
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
I also look highly upon 3030. As always, musical taste will vary from person to person but 3030 is one of those rare albums I loved through and through. For its genre, masterpiece feels on point in my regard. Those albums are few and far between for me. Madvillainy is another example.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #54
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 305Baller
well it was five years ago, fresh out of high school at the time, kid is right

time has seemed to prove josh right, i haven't listened to deltron all the way through in years. it's still a great album but not altogether re-listenable at least all the way through. there are a half dozen full songs i still love but too many skits have grown stale (still love "in..stu... pituous") and a few songs dont do much for me anymore. im curious about the new release tho, i'll definitely give it a shot. i gotta say tho, the last few mini releases didn't blow me away
Old 06-21-2013, 05:36 AM   #55
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
well it was five years ago, fresh out of high school at the time, kid is right

Really? I always pegged you as an older guy just because of your extensive knowledge on certain subjects. Are you really only 23?
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: