Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default USAB stats after 5 games

Found these on the official site so thought I would post them and see what ppl thought.

Most playing time:

#1. Joe Johnson, 19.8 mpg
#2. Lebron James, 19.4 mpg
#3. Chris Paul, 18.6 mpg
#14. Bruce Bowen, 10.3 mpg

Gotta say I'm somewhat surprised by this one myself, really hasn't seemed like JJ and CP3 were on the court that much with Lebron, Wade and Anthony dominating every game. Bowen being last is no surprise.

Most points scored:

#1. Carmelo Anthony, 16.8 ppg
#2. Lebron James, 15.8 ppg (65% FG)
#3. Dwayne Wade, 12.2 ppg
#14. Bruce Bowen, 1.0 ppg

No real surprises here, Anthony, James and Wade have clearly been the top offensive forces in every game so far. And scoring isn't really Bowen's job, though 1.0 ppg is still pretty weak.

Top rebounders:

#1. Dwight Howard, 5.8 rpg (in only 11.2 mpg)
#2. Shane Battier, 3.4 rpg
#3. Elton Brand, 3.2 rpg
#14. Bruce Bowen, 1.0 rpg

The one thing that stands out here is Howards monster stats, especially when considering that more than half the rebounds he got were offensive ones. Another last place for Bowen.

Top passers:

#1. Chris Paul, 4.2 apg
#2. Dwayne Wade, 4.0 apg
#3. Lebron James, 2.2 apg
#14. Antawn Jamison, 0.0 apg

What stands out here is not so much the leaderboard but rather how few assists the US team is getting, 17.2 apg is anything but stellar, indicating that they still rely too much on individual performances.

Other stats:

Most steals: Dwayne Wade, 2.6 spg
Most Blocks: Lebron James/Elton Brand, 1.0 bpg
Most 3's: Carmelo Anthony/Antawn Jamison, 1.6 per game.

Overall it looks like the threesome of Wade + James + Anthony are the clear standouts on the team, co-captains perhaps ?

The much talked about 3-point shooting has been pretty decent so far with a team average of nearly 11 per game at better than 41%.

Passing is still somewhat lacking.

Defense has relied mostly on steals (nearly 15 per game), however inside presence espicially in the form of shot blockers has been absent.

Bruce Bowen seems like the prime candidate to be cut for the final 12-man roster.

Stats taken from:

http://www.usabasketball.com/seniorm...tivestats.html
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

Bosh is the 3rd worst shooter (Bowen, Arenas), 3rd worst scorer (Bowen, Arenas, Battier), t-2nd worst passer (1)...and he has 0 - that's right 0 - blocks.

Where are those David Robinson comparisons, again?
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
LilJonIsSoCrunk
banned camp

LilJonIsSoCrunk has an OK reputation so far

Arenas hasn't shot well but he's not a bad shooter. Certainally better thab guys like Howard. Remember the playoffs? Now the shooting exhibition he put on against the Cavs is null because he struggled with his J in a couple international exhibition games?
LilJonIsSoCrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default ...

Bosh is just too nervous and tentative. he will come around. Arenas should thrive in this style of play.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
Joey Zaza
Local High School Star

Joey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat coolJoey Zaza is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
Bosh is just too nervous and tentative. he will come around.

Is that true? I thought it was his questionable mid-range jumper...no, no, no...of course, he has an "automatic" mid-range jumper, except for when he is nervous and tentative.
Joey Zaza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Paul shoots a lot better than I'd expected from reading around here.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

nice breakdown
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

at least Bowen got in a few points to remember his USA b-ball experience...other than that bye bye
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:25 PM   #9
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
Is that true? I thought it was his questionable mid-range jumper...no, no, no...of course, he has an "automatic" mid-range jumper, except for when he is nervous and tentative.

Hey man. I never said he had an automatic jumper. it is a good one but I'm talking about the missed layups and dunks where he appears to be pressing.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #10
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Why is Coach K making Bosh work the post so much? He is such a finesse player, i think its fairly obvious by now that he can't even bang in the post with the likes of Daniel Santiago and Anderson Varejao, much less Pau/Yao/Oberto/Scola. IMO he should continue on taking those mid-range jumpers (STOP taking 3s) and let somebody like Elton or Dwight stay in the paint as much as possible,
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Kill Puerto Rico.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:12 PM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

joe johnson getting the PT!! i like i like
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:13 PM   #13
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Chris Bosh is trash, and it looks like the Raptors are in trouble this year. Who's their best player? Morris Peterson?
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #14
IL Mago
I airball my layups

IL Mago has an OK reputation so far

All you guys are out of your F ucking Minds. I'd admit he hasn't played good as of far, but your basing this on five exhibtion international games comapred to his 3 stellar NBA seasons. To call him trash is ridiculous. For those who don't watch him on a regular basis like most of you, his jumper is automatic. What his problem has been is that he shouldn't be shooting threes and he's been pressing when he gets the ball because he doesn't get it often. You guys need to cool it.
IL Mago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM   #15
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed
Chris Bosh is trash, and it looks like the Raptors are in trouble this year. Who's their best player? Morris Peterson?

Ced, STFU! Bosh was an allstar last year and will be for years to come. He will only get better you fool. That's some ignorant sh!t right there. STFU!
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: