Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-15-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default who do you draft?

we now know the nugget's will likely be drafting at the #20 spot-

who is your pick at 20?

who in the entire draft do you feel is perfect for the nugs?

is trading up or down a possibility?

what is your perfect draft day for denver?

imo- derrick rose is unattainable, but is by far the #1 player most fitting denver's needs- adding rose would mean a dynasty in denver

- my second choice as a perfect future nug is - russel westbrook- 6-4 pg ucla- this guy will be a perfect nba point gaurd- his skills would perfectly match melo & jr and even would fit well w iverson-westbrook is extremley athletic and perfectly suited to the fast break game as a passer or a finisher

westbrook is imo the best defensive gaurd to come out in many drafts- the only rival athletically to rose imo- think more athletic gary payton, with no attitude at all- i love this guys "persona"?

if we stay at 20- to me it looks like there may be some quality nba players in the 20's- i would hope for

-alexis ajinca 7-1 c france
-or even joey dorsey 6-9 pf/c

a perfect draft day for denver for me-

* trade to pick 9ish and select westbrook
#20- ajinca
2nd rd- josh duncan sf/pf xavier

duncan imo may be a a steal in rd 2- linas klieza in boozers body
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who do you draft?

I haven't followed NCAA much lately, or much ever, but what I know is that Denver should draft a strong perimeter defender before a playmaking point guard. The reason I say this is because point guard is the hardest position to play when transferring from college to the pros. Gotta learn the new playbook and learn your teammates' strengths and weaknesses. I think Denver would be better off trading for a veteran PG with a jumpshot and passing ability before drafting one because the rookie wouldn't have enough experience. I'm not sure I'd trust a rookie to run a transition offense next to two superstars. Plus, Denver isn't in the lottery, so that decreases their chances even more of getting a top prospect PG to begin with. I would draft a strong perimeter defender first, and trade for a veteran PG.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

you guys dont have a chance at derrick rose he will be 1 or 2 pick. Im thinkin that the only way you will get westbrook is you trade up
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

dang it i was so excited to see some response to this thread and it wasnt worth it

but i really do want to hear a couple of your picks for who would be great fits on the nugs-

for the record i understand that westbrook will not slide to #20 i just think he the perfect future nugget
Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

The Nuggets need to get a big man to post up because Camby won't and I feel Nene is better fit at the PF position, as well as coming off to help with big guys playing center.
I would try to get Roy Hibbert from Georgetown, he maybe available at that spot. other wise I'd get Brandon Rush because all these rumors about Melo leaving Denver is making me unsure who should play that SF postion next year. Rush is a great defender and a scorer, what really amazes me about this guy is that he is so mature and I think he would be a great addition to this Nuggets team. ONLY IF MELO LEAVES, then I'd draft Rush. I know we need to get a point guard, but I feel that all the good ones will be gone by the 20th pick. We just gotta go get a PG from via trade or free agency, and the plus side is that a veteran PG can help the Nuggets immediately.

Josh Duncan is one of the most under rated players in the whole entire draft. He is one of the best defenders on that draft board and can score with ease, as well as being able to make his free throw shots without a problem. This guy can ball. If I were the Nuggets I might think about getting a 2nd rnd. pick to get him or hopefully he goes undrafted so the Nuggets could pick him up.

Josh Duncan is my favorite player in this years draft because of the intangibles that he gives to any team.
*A good replacement for Eduardo Najera!*
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:36 PM   #6
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Crew
The Nuggets need to get a big man to post up because Camby won't and I feel Nene is better fit at the PF position, as well as coming off to help with big guys playing center.
I would try to get Roy Hibbert from Georgetown, he maybe available at that spot. other wise I'd get Brandon Rush because all these rumors about Melo leaving Denver is making me unsure who should play that SF postion next year. Rush is a great defender and a scorer, what really amazes me about this guy is that he is so mature and I think he would be a great addition to this Nuggets team. ONLY IF MELO LEAVES, then I'd draft Rush. I know we need to get a point guard, but I feel that all the good ones will be gone by the 20th pick. We just gotta go get a PG from via trade or free agency, and the plus side is that a veteran PG can help the Nuggets immediately.

Josh Duncan is one of the most under rated players in the whole entire draft. He is one of the best defenders on that draft board and can score with ease, as well as being able to make his free throw shots without a problem. This guy can ball. If I were the Nuggets I might think about getting a 2nd rnd. pick to get him or hopefully he goes undrafted so the Nuggets could pick him up.

Josh Duncan is my favorite player in this years draft because of the intangibles that he gives to any team.
*A good replacement for Eduardo Najera!*

i always kind of liked the thought of hibbert on the nugs- the guy at center that i would love at 20 would be ajinca, i would be happy with either of thoseplayers at 20

i would like rush as #20 much more than id want ty lawson or augustine or someone like that, but i think there might be a handfull of guys better fitting the team than rush

i always wanted to see yakouba play alot of minutes and see if he could become a legit stopper with some cred with the officials but it looks like karl wont use him, so you cant resign him and that 2-3 "stopper" role should be open

do you guys see joey dorsey as being worth a #20 type player?

if alexis ajinga a 7-1 center/pf would be a perfect match to nene's game for the long term and is a great long term replacement

this draft could surround the 4player core weve talked about of melo, nene, jr& klieza- the fits are there if we went hard at trying to draft 3 or 4 players- maybe its impossible to get multiple picks but i think it could happen

#6-11 westbrook pg 6-4
10-20 ajinca c 7-1
20-23 dorsey pf 6-9
2nd 35 g dragic pg 6-4
40-50 j gordon pg 6-4
50-60 j duncan f 6-9

i think jamont gordon is too one handed but if there is a chance he can change that he could be a stud in any league- a bull 6-4 230 faster than everybody- only fault that i wonder kills him is that he is all left hand

i am also intruiged by goran dragic-

weather or not you see westbrook as the perfect nugget- how hard do you think it would be to trade into grab him? what would it take?

i really think new york seatle and milwauke could be helped bytrading with denver and i think it could be nice enough to maybe get us into the top 10 and maybe andther pick at 23
Old 05-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

The InsideHoops Mock Draft has DeAndre Jordan 7' C from Texas A&M as the Nuggets pick at nr 20, and Fox Sports has Jason Thompson 6'10" F/C from Rider as their pick. After looking up some information on the two of them, I believe that Thompson is perhaps a better fit. He's a four-year player from Rider who can shoot the ball from the outside and is a pretty good defender. I don't believe that Jordan will be there at #20. I agree with others who said that the Nuggets need a big man who can score and defend, and although Thompson played at a small school, he seems to be able to do both and has a lot of confidence in his ability.

I'm also intrigued at the possibility of JR playing PG. With some solid coaching, he could perhaps, develop into a very good PG. He handles the ball and passes very well, and pushes the ball up the floor with great speed. But the Nuggets need to bring in at least one coach who is experienced at developing players such as JR, Melo, Jones, and T. Green. They also need a big man coach who can help Nene to develop his full potential.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: