Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 04-16-2008, 08:33 AM   #1
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

NyCNaTe4NyK has an OK reputation so far
Default Fantasy Review,thoughts,regrets

First of all i want to say THANK YOU to all the advice and help i got from this Forum.

THANK YOU TO ALL OF YALL THAT HELPED ME OUT AND HELPED ME MAKE GOOD DECISION

but i was just wondering...

What were some of the decisions you guys regret making? and reasons why you did so? (DRAFT PIKZ,TRADES, etc)

or who were some of yall favorite sleepers this season that put a smile on your face! :)

Basically put down anythin bout this years fantasy thoughts u got..

FOR ME I FEEL LIKE MY BIGGEST SLEEPER WAS RUDY GAY!!!....DRAFTED HIM IN THE 12TH ROUND i like him alot, i watched him during pre-season i thought he would be a good player and high hopes 4 him but def never thought he would be TOP PLAYER...

I REGRET TRADING LAMAR ODOM AND OKUR 4 PARKER AND J.HOWARD
NyCNaTe4NyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Fantasy Review,thoughts,regrets

Well I made a mistake in one fo my leagues, I meant to draft Stoudemire but I took Dirk instead. Atleast I ended up with CP3 in round 4.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I just realized I won the championship... My best player was Stephen Jackson.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:27 AM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Looks like im headed for second place. It really breaks down to me losing Yao who I traded for (Chandler and Felton) a couple teams caught up to me in the blocks cat and that was enough to slide me down to second place.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 AM   #5
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Well I made a mistake in one fo my leagues, I meant to draft Stoudemire but I took Dirk instead. Atleast I ended up with CP3 in round 4.

i got cp3 also in the 4th round...or maybe 3rd either way...i think he should be the MVP hes so good... i think i would rather have CP3 than steve nash on a fantasy team. hes so good

im pretty sure i'll win my H2H league tonight...
Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyCNaTe4NyK
i got cp3 also in the 4th round...or maybe 3rd either way...i think he should be the MVP hes so good... i think i would rather have CP3 than steve nash on a fantasy team. hes so good

im pretty sure i'll win my H2H league tonight...
My winning team had Steve Nash.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
joeKool
I airball my layups

joeKool has an OK reputation so far

i regret drafting arenas with the first pick (obviously because of injury).
snagging chris kaman in the 10th certainly worked out well until his injuries.

in fact..at one time or another i had all these guys...the all injury-prone team:

ak47
caron butler
kaman
beno udrih
martell webster
arenas
earl watson
tim thomas
antonio daniels
rajon rondo
devin harris
dalembert
mike bibby
villanueva
pietrus
brandon roy
stackhouse
mobley
marvin williams

cant recall if odom was ever injured

im not trying to cry about it..i know other people lost yao, nene, bynum, jermaine, peja, marbury..some others..but it seems like ive had more than my share.
joeKool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #8
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I accidentally dropped Rudy Gay around January when I was making drunken acquisitions. Still looks like I'm going to win the league though.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
Matt_3333
Decent playground baller

Matt_3333 has an OK reputation so far

I regret holding onto guys like corey brewer and luis scola too long at the beginning of the season. I'm always looking at boxscores and can usually make the first grab of a hot FA, but I missed out on Ronnier Brewer, Mcdyess, even Hedo Turkoglu was dropped (for jamaal magloire, but on Oct 23rd preseason still), but I didn't jump on them cause I was stuck listening to experts talking of sleeper picks.

Next year, gonna go more with my own instincts when it comes to late draft picks.

This was my first basketball fantasy league and I finished 6th of 12, I think I could have won (at least my first week) if I had marion for my first playoff week (he was injured and undroppable). I also finished 6 of 12 in the playoff tournament. Due to some moves, I was stacked in 5 cats (FG% REB STL BLK TO) and so was winning 5-4 all year long against the best teams and the worst teams, but then with marion out, I lost STLS and REB and lost 7-2...
Matt_3333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 AM   #10
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

i regret dropping sessions last week, i had the 6th pick i picked nash but in my head i knew paul was gonna be nuts i wish i picked him.

also someone offered me devin harris for bynum when he was injured and i didnt accept (14 player league) ended up dropping 2 weeks later

i drafted rudy gay, Steal.

also i dropped hakim wariick that was gay as well
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #11
NyCNaTe4NyK
I airball my layups

I regret dropping Mike bibby....i drafted him and waited on him till he was healthy.. he finally got healthy and he wasnt producing much on the hawkz...so i dopped him last month and thats when he was doing well....eff you bibby!! but its alright though cause someone dropped Dirk n i piked him up instead :)
Old 04-17-2008, 02:11 PM   #12
fantashih_person
I hit open layups

fantashih_person has an OK reputation so far

i had 3 #1-seeded teams vs #2 seeds... i lost all 3! i made 3 #2 seeds champion all because of shawn marion getting traded then not playing!!! the most frustrating, in my pot league, i had marion, hughes, gooden, ben wallace. all traded and not played simultaneously... i lost badly that week and turned out to be my downfall!!!

ps... how do you change your trophy case in Y! profile? i want to put back the gold i won in my rookie year last year on the box...
fantashih_person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 06:22 PM   #13
Okuni
I brick open layups

Okuni has an OK reputation so far

Biggest regret was trading my Sam Dalembert for Jameer Nelson at the start of the season.
Okuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

I scored Mike Dunleavy as the last pick in the entire draft!

but I cut him the next day cuz I wasn't thrilled with what he did the prior year and thought I needed more Shot blocking.....

I got burned soooooooo bad

I still won my league

but I would have been sooooo much easier had I kept him or at least waited a few games
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: