Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons ( Last Game of the season)

Vs.

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Detroit Pistons

Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2008
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET
Arena: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, OH

Cavaliers vs. Pistons

PG: West/Billups
SG: Brown/Hamilton
SF: James/Prince
PF: Wallace/Wallace
C: Ilgauskas/Mcdyess

Quote:
The Cleveland Cavaliers' spotty play down the stretch left them running out of time to wrap up home-court advantage in the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs.

They finally clinched in their latest game - after time had literally run out.

After a last-second review on Monday allowed them to lock up the East's No. 4 seed, the Cavaliers close out their regular season at home Wednesday against the Central Division champion Detroit Pistons.

Cleveland (45-36) had lost six of nine games between March 22-April 11, and was in danger of allowing hard-charging Washington to wrestle home-court advantage for the teams' first-round series that will begin this weekend.

The Cavaliers struggled to an ugly 84-76 win over Miami on Sunday night, putting them within one win clinching the No. 4 seed. But after falling behind Philadelphia 90-89 in the waning seconds on Monday, it appeared they would have to wait to face the Pistons (58-23) before wrapping up home-court.

The Cavaliers will face the Wizards for the third straight season in the first round of the Eastern Conference, and they've had home-court each time.

"It feels good to get a win on the road and lock up the fourth seed," said James. "That was one of our goals, to lock up the fourth seed and have home-court throughout the first round. We know how dangerous we are at home."

Cleveland is 27-13 at Quicken Loans Arena this season, and was 7-1 there through the Eastern Conference finals in last season's playoffs - including 3-0 against Detroit in its 4-2 series win to go to its first NBA finals.

The Pistons have taken two of three against the Cavaliers this season, as each team has won on its home court. James had 30 points as Cleveland won 89-73 on March 19, but has averaged only 14.0 points in his team's two losses.

http://www.nba.com/games/20080416/DETCLE/gameinfo.html

This is going to be a memorable game, and it would be a thing of beauty if the Cavaliers can win the last game of the regular season because it will give them a confidence builder, before they face the Washington Wizards in the first round of the playoffs.

I am sure the 2 teams will rest their starters in the 2nd half, but i would like to see Lebron get some playing time because it would be nice to see him win the NBA Scoring title by averaging more than 30 PPG in the regular season, and becoming the first player in Cavaliers franchise history to led the league in scoring.

I still believe that the Pistons are still the team to beat in the eastern conference because they have the experience factor in the post season, and this team always contend in the Eastern Conference Finals since 2002.

Overall, i predict a convincing victory from the Cleveland Cavaliers to wrap up the season, and the Cavaliers bench need to be more active in this game because they need to step up since Pavlovic is out with an injury. ( probably missed the entire playoffs)

GO Cavaliers, and It's time to defend the crown in the playoffs.

Head to Head Match up

Lebron James

30.0 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 7.2 APG, 1.8 SPG, 1.1 BPG

Richard Hamilton

17.5 PPG, 4.2 APG, 3.30 RPG, 1.0 SPG, 0.1 BPG

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #2
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Pistons ( Last Game of the season)

Personally I'm hoping the Cavs choose to rest Lebron and Z for the entire game, and I plan to watch one of the key matchups in the West. Frankly this game is somewhat pointless, and I don't want our key guys wasting their time and risking injury here when they could be getting valuable rest.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Yeah I'd rest James and all other injured players if I were coaching the Cavs. And if they decide to do that, James would be the first player in NBA history to *exactly* average 30.0ppg for the season (or if he plays and scores 30).
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:49 AM   #4
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far

Memorable game? Pistons have home court locked up should they make the finals. I don't think they are gonna go nuts today.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

Whats in this game for the Pistons?....getting someone hurt? I don't expect they care about this game at all.

I do expect the Piston bench to play tuff though....can Cleveland beat the Piston bench?.....we'll see.
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:22 PM   #6
bisk

bisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputationbisk has a terrific reputation

Cavs 62
Pistons 61
after triple OT...
bisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:36 PM   #7
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

DNP james is a good idea.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:40 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This game will be anything but memorable. The starters have played less than 28 minutes the past 2-3 weeks.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:43 PM   #9
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Lebron should definitely rest; there is nothing to lose and they can't have him going into the playoffs injured. Detroit may likely rest players as well... It's not a must win.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #10
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

The Pistons secured home court IF they should advance to the NBA Finals.

I hope to see a close game with the Pistons bench logging heavy minutes.

Starters avg minutes: 12~15

Bench avg minutes: 33~38

Pistons bench showed some metal last night by keeping their composure in a close game where Minny made a late push. Hopefully they will get that chance against a playoff team.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

I'd personally like to see the Pistons play a 3 man team of Juan Dixon, Walter Herrman and Chiek Samb for 48 minutes, or maybe just forfeit the game outright.

Nothing can be gained by playing tonight, this game is absolutely meaningless.

I'll probably be watching the ESPN games instead.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #12
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Is LeBron even playing?
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm just surprised such a big fan could be so out of touch. Memorable? Pistons starters haven't played more 30 minutes since March, all playoff seeds are settled, and LeBron has been having back issues the past month.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Amir Johnson is going to dominate this game
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #15
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I'm just surprised such a big fan could be so out of touch. Memorable? Pistons starters haven't played more 30 minutes since March, all playoff seeds are settled, and LeBron has been having back issues the past month.

I'd call the Bucks/Bulls memorable. Such a highscoring game...rookies breaking team-records. Why can't this one be? :)

Sheed switching to iced-T. Does this season's total mark a pistons-career-low for him? He's been surprisingly under control this season.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: