Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2006, 03:26 PM   #16
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09
 
kobedaman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 16 NBA Championships
Posts: 3,354
kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board
Default

Yeah someone eventually will.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
yobore
Great college starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,514
yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool
Default

Any country can produce a good big because bigs can afford to start late look at Saer Sene and the other Africans who got started when they're 18.

Guards need to start when they're young and since basketball has become so popular in China there will probably be several Chinese guards in the league 10 years from now.
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:29 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,109
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
I was estimating. Gobb at it's best.:rollingeyes:

Bruh you said 3yrs. You dont estimate that short of a time without listing a prospect. Admit you talked out your ass for the sake of it. Kobe24 at his best.




Quote:
6'3 or 6'4 point guard. Fast as hell with great ball handling, and athletism. At 6'3 he can windmille and do 360 dunks. (Can't remember but I think he won a dunk contest at the ABCD camp or some shyt). Hes too skinny though, but hes only 17. (hes only 1 month older then me and already on the national team, arg... the guy is living my dream.

GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:31 PM   #19
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters
 
Young HkM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 796
Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Yuta Tabuse, he was on the suns I think last on 04-05?

Yeah that's who came to mind for me also. For people who haven't heard about him he was like 5'9" and played super garbage minutes
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:35 PM   #20
Kobe24
Banned
 
Kobe24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Land of 14 NBA Championships
Posts: 6,188
Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Bruh you said 3yrs. You dont estimate that short of a time without listing a prospect. Admit you talked out your ass for the sake of it. Kobe24 at his best.








WOW!! Nate robinson can do that at 5'9 and smush parker can do that at 6'4 or so.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:38 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,109
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
WOW!! Nate robinson can do that at 5'9 and smush parker can do that at 6'4 or so.

They're black, this kid is asian. Huge difference.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:43 PM   #22
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 7,717
Carbine has decent reputation
Default ....

I just pulled out the biggest fry ever in my KFC meal.

Anyways, I think we'll see an Asian guard in the NBA sooner rather than later because the scouts are expanding more & more.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #23
PureElement
Local High School Star
 
PureElement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Edmonton Alberta
Posts: 637
PureElement has an OK reputation so far
Default

Exactly, thats why he is naturally smarter and thus a better prospect.
PureElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:51 PM   #24
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski
 
dab0yech0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Latina Lovers CEO
Posts: 4,247
dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureElement
Exactly, thats why he is naturally smarter and thus a better prospect.
his IQ is 10x the average nba prospect
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:21 PM   #25
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter
 
lawlerslaw100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LA CLIpper Nation
Posts: 666
lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Lightbulb Sun Yue: Chinese Magic?

Name:Sun Yue
Height:6' 9"
Weight:200 pounds
Current Team:Aoshen Olympian , International

NBA Position:PG/SG/SF
Date of Birth:11/6/1985 (20 Years Old)
High School:
Hometown:Hebei, China
Earliest Draft Class:2006
Current Position:PG
Possible Positions:SF
Best Case Scenario:Boris Diaw
Worst Case Scenarioermarr Johnson
Profile Written By:Luis FernŠndez/Jonathan Givony
Last Updated:5/24/2006

Strengths:
Yue is a very unique player in this draft, being a very long 6-9 international who shows legitimate point guard skills. Watching him move with the ball in his hands, its hard not to be impressed by the talent he shows. Strongly favoring his left hand, Yue is a remarkable dribbler with his good hand, while improvable with his bad one.

Already an excellent passer, he takes advantage of his size to see the entire floor thanks to his impressive court vision. Displaying solid athleticism, he slashes well to the hoop with a good first step, primarily looking to dish the ball or sometimes finish with an elegant finger roll. He plays under control and appears to have an excellent feel for the game, being highly unselfish, almost to a fault at times. The game looks very easy for him, particularly playing in the minor leagues. Defensively, he is capable of getting in the passing lanes, pulling down rebounds and even blocking some shots on occasion, being a true stat-stuffer for his team.

Weaknesses:
Yue looks far from becoming an adequate shooter. He doesnít show any reliability, delivering awful jumpers from time to time, and his mechanics donít look particularly consistent, and he has a fairly slow release. He needs to develop more of an in-between game, particularly a pull-up jumper. He has a tendency to go left almost exclusively when driving to the basket.

The biggest problem for Yue is his position on the court. Heís probably not quick enough for a point guard and he doesnít have the shooting touch that you look for in a wing. He picks up his dribble at times and suffers from intense pressure he occasionaly sees from smaller and quicker guards. He also needs to add some bulk to his skinny frame. Defensively, there are concerns about him whether heís playing the point or small forward. He has a tendency to be a little too passive at times, passing up scoring opportunities and not being quite as dominant offensively in a league where he is always the most talented player on the floor.

Competition:
Yue plays for a Chinese team that migrated to the American ABA, a semi-pro minor league that is now a shadow of what it used to be 20-30 years ago. He puts up excellent numbers in this competition. He has some experience internationally with the Chinese national team, but has been inconsistent playing with them.

Outlook:
Even without the flaws he shows, Yue played in the American ABA and therefore has not been scouted extensively against top-level competition, which makes him difficult to evaluate as an NBA prospect. He would probably be best served pulling his name out of the draft, improving on his highly correctable weaknesses, and playing in a setting next year that would allow him better competition both as a challenge as well as a comparison for NBA types to use.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:23 PM   #26
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski
 
dab0yech0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Latina Lovers CEO
Posts: 4,247
dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
Name:Sun Yue
Height:6' 9"
Weight:200 pounds
Current Team:Aoshen Olympian , International

NBA Position:PG/SG/SF
Date of Birth:11/6/1985 (20 Years Old)
High School:
Hometown:Hebei, China
Earliest Draft Class:2006
Current Position:PG
Possible Positions:SF
Best Case Scenario:Boris Diaw
Worst Case Scenarioermarr Johnson
Profile Written By:Luis FernŠndez/Jonathan Givony
Last Updated:5/24/2006

Strengths:
Yue is a very unique player in this draft, being a very long 6-9 international who shows legitimate point guard skills. Watching him move with the ball in his hands, its hard not to be impressed by the talent he shows. Strongly favoring his left hand, Yue is a remarkable dribbler with his good hand, while improvable with his bad one.

Already an excellent passer, he takes advantage of his size to see the entire floor thanks to his impressive court vision. Displaying solid athleticism, he slashes well to the hoop with a good first step, primarily looking to dish the ball or sometimes finish with an elegant finger roll. He plays under control and appears to have an excellent feel for the game, being highly unselfish, almost to a fault at times. The game looks very easy for him, particularly playing in the minor leagues. Defensively, he is capable of getting in the passing lanes, pulling down rebounds and even blocking some shots on occasion, being a true stat-stuffer for his team.

Weaknesses:
Yue looks far from becoming an adequate shooter. He doesnít show any reliability, delivering awful jumpers from time to time, and his mechanics donít look particularly consistent, and he has a fairly slow release. He needs to develop more of an in-between game, particularly a pull-up jumper. He has a tendency to go left almost exclusively when driving to the basket.

The biggest problem for Yue is his position on the court. Heís probably not quick enough for a point guard and he doesnít have the shooting touch that you look for in a wing. He picks up his dribble at times and suffers from intense pressure he occasionaly sees from smaller and quicker guards. He also needs to add some bulk to his skinny frame. Defensively, there are concerns about him whether heís playing the point or small forward. He has a tendency to be a little too passive at times, passing up scoring opportunities and not being quite as dominant offensively in a league where he is always the most talented player on the floor.

Competition:
Yue plays for a Chinese team that migrated to the American ABA, a semi-pro minor league that is now a shadow of what it used to be 20-30 years ago. He puts up excellent numbers in this competition. He has some experience internationally with the Chinese national team, but has been inconsistent playing with them.

Outlook:
Even without the flaws he shows, Yue played in the American ABA and therefore has not been scouted extensively against top-level competition, which makes him difficult to evaluate as an NBA prospect. He would probably be best served pulling his name out of the draft, improving on his highly correctable weaknesses, and playing in a setting next year that would allow him better competition both as a challenge as well as a comparison for NBA types to use.

This guy will never be as good as Shaun Livingston!
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #27
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter
 
lawlerslaw100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: LA CLIpper Nation
Posts: 666
lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Lightbulb Yuta Tabuse

Last year in the NBDL and is ready to be a 14th or 15th man on a run and gun team. His shot needs work. Maybe the McNuggets or Sonics will invite him to camp. Just missed the cut with the Clips and Suns in past years. The Cavs could use him too.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:25 PM   #28
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

i think we'll see more Asian guards soon.


but as for a swingman type, dynamic scorer and explosive entertainerm, who reaches an All STar, Superstar level in the NBA? i doubt any Asian can do that.. at least not in this generation. and that's not a racist statement guys. it's just the way things are. did you see the "best" player on the Korea team?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #29
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star
 
HaNdLe ThE RoCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: the garden
Posts: 9,415
HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default

lol no way
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 04:34 PM   #30
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,369
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

about your sig handle the rock..


if the Knicks make the playoffs, they will be swept out of the first round.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy