Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default What will the Bulls do this offseason?

Lots of issues w this team. No extension for Gordon and Deng. Horrible season. Lack of consistent play from their main players. Hinrich took a big step backwards this year. Lack of true inside depth. The list can go on. My question is what is their next move. Who do they keep, who do they trade? Clearly things need to be shaken up. Do they try to re-sign gordon and deng? Or do they deal them? But what would their value be around the league?

Well I think Gordon or Hughes is going to have to be dealed. Likely Gordon via S&T bc Hughes has a big contract. PLus Hughes was playing the best ball in 3 years w the bulls. I also think they despeartely need a big man. maybe make a run for JO?
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: What will the Bulls do this offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Lots of issues w this team. No extension for Gordon and Deng. Horrible season. Lack of consistent play from their main players. Hinrich took a big step backwards this year. Lack of true inside depth. The list can go on. My question is what is their next move. Who do they keep, who do they trade? Clearly things need to be shaken up. Do they try to re-sign gordon and deng? Or do they deal them? But what would their value be around the league?

Well I think Gordon or Hughes is going to have to be dealed. Likely Gordon via S&T bc Hughes has a big contract. PLus Hughes was playing the best ball in 3 years w the bulls. I also think they despeartely need a big man. maybe make a run for JO?

The Grizz will be happy to take Deng off your hands :)
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
Wozza_wade
I hit open 5-footers

Wozza_wade has an OK reputation so far

i think both gordon and deng have dropped off massively and wont be getting as much as they offered earlier this year!

i dont have the slightest clue where they will end up!

the west hopefully clippers making them even more of a contender next year!
Wozza_wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if only they had pulled the trigger on that kobe trade....
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
almightydavidbc
Can barely lace up my sneakers

almightydavidbc has an OK reputation so far

This is a tough decision the Bulls went from a team on the upswing with hopes of winning a championship, to a team that is a wreck with no coach chemistry problems, and a logjam in the back court, and mishaps in the draft.wow
well heres what i think...
You have to deal Ben Gordon in a sign and trade. larry hughes can actually be a good 3rd option. i would make a run at Jermaine O'Neal, but I'm not sure that the Pacers want gordon.

Center-Joakim Noah is emerging as a Tyson Chandler/Ben Wallace type in the middle and is a great emerging center. so you have the center position sured
up with he and aaron gray off the bench.

PF-The Bulls f'ed up trading Aldridge for Thomas, i think that is undeniable. aldridge is looking like Rasheed 2.0, while Thomas looks like a pile of garbage, most nights. they may draft a post-up big man like Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Love, or a Blake Griffin perhaps. thomas could also be trade bait

SF-Deng looked spectacular last year, showing great defense, a tremendous mid-range shooting touch, and athleticism. he regressed this year. injuries, and a lack of aggression is his problem. he is a second bananna a sidekick, hes robin but the bulls need a batman to make him great. he should be resinged

SG-Larry Hughes has played pretty well since being traded to the bullls. but can he stay healthy. thabo sefalosha is intruiging, he could be good, but the bulls can win now. ben gordon is a 1 dimensional shooter,w a nice floater. doesnt defend not athletic, limited upside, and is streaky. he should be traded maybe for a jermaine O'neal along with Kirk Hinrich

PG-Kirk has regressed bigtime this year. he has been cold shooting,and a major dissapointment. duhon is gone this year after coach problems. if they can trade kirk and gordon for JO, they can draft a Jerryd Bayless, DJ Augustine, or another PG to run the team. they might get Jamaal Tinsley in trade w JO

coach-they are said to be considering rick carlisle, but i dont like that. he has never been more than marginally successful with talented teams. i would go with mark jackson if the knicks dont get him, or another 1st time coach. the nfl has really gone that way with much success, and i think the nba should as well,, instead of recycling old coaches.

so:
trade Ben Gordon Kirk Hinrich for JO and tinsley

resign deng

draft a point guard not named derrick rose cuz he wont be there

hire a coach like Mario Elie, or another young 1st time head coach
almightydavidbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightydavidbc
so:

Not possible, JO and JT make far too much money. Unless you sign Gordon to a max deal.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

1) Larry Brown is the best coach out there, and he's the guy Paxson should bring in. Don't let the Isiah BS in New York change the fact that he is a guy known for quick fixes, and the Bulls need that more than anything else. He'll bring in a quality coaching staff also, which is something the Bulls haven't had since Phil left. That means no more asskissing yes-man idiots like Pete Myers.

2) It's the East, which means that taking chances is the preferable route. Building through a draft is fool's gold, so move the pick/overpaid deals for someone that can play right now. Everyone in the world knows that O'Neal/Artest, etc. is going to be available. Bring them in. Because I'll be damned if I have to watch some 20 year old, no-skilled basketball idiot play again next season. No more Tyruses. No more.

3) Offer Deng and Gordon incentive-laden contracts. Play well and you'll get paid well. You can't give ******* like those 2 big money up front.

4) Give Paxson a simple ultimatum. Playoffs next season or you're fired. Not being close to the postseason in the East this year is a fireable offense in itself. He deserves one more shot to fixing things before he gets the Crumbs treatment.

5) NO FUTURE. I don't want to hear anything about future draft picks, capspace, prospects, or none of that other speculative garbage. The NBA is a now league. Build a team that can win today. Worry about the future when it happens or get stuck in Crumbs-mode.

It's time to be aggressive and go balls-out. The NBA moves too fast to be conservative.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
This is a tough decision the Bulls went from a team on the upswing with hopes of winning a championship, to a team that is a wreck with no coach chemistry problems, and a logjam in the back court, and mishaps in the draft.wow
well heres what i think...
You have to deal Ben Gordon in a sign and trade. larry hughes can actually be a good 3rd option. i would make a run at Jermaine O'Neal, but I'm not sure that the Pacers want gordon.

Center-Joakim Noah is emerging as a Tyson Chandler/Ben Wallace type in the middle and is a great emerging center. so you have the center position sured
up with he and aaron gray off the bench.

PF-The Bulls f'ed up trading Aldridge for Thomas, i think that is undeniable. aldridge is looking like Rasheed 2.0, while Thomas looks like a pile of garbage, most nights. they may draft a post-up big man like Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Love, or a Blake Griffin perhaps. thomas could also be trade bait

SF-Deng looked spectacular last year, showing great defense, a tremendous mid-range shooting touch, and athleticism. he regressed this year. injuries, and a lack of aggression is his problem. he is a second bananna a sidekick, hes robin but the bulls need a batman to make him great. he should be resinged

SG-Larry Hughes has played pretty well since being traded to the bullls. but can he stay healthy. thabo sefalosha is intruiging, he could be good, but the bulls can win now. ben gordon is a 1 dimensional shooter,w a nice floater. doesnt defend not athletic, limited upside, and is streaky. he should be traded maybe for a jermaine O'neal along with Kirk Hinrich

PG-Kirk has regressed bigtime this year. he has been cold shooting,and a major dissapointment. duhon is gone this year after coach problems. if they can trade kirk and gordon for JO, they can draft a Jerryd Bayless, DJ Augustine, or another PG to run the team. they might get Jamaal Tinsley in trade w JO

coach-they are said to be considering rick carlisle, but i dont like that. he has never been more than marginally successful with talented teams. i would go with mark jackson if the knicks dont get him, or another 1st time coach. the nfl has really gone that way with much success, and i think the nba should as well,, instead of recycling old coaches.

so:

resign deng

draft a point guard not named derrick rose cuz he wont be there

hire a coach like Mario Elie, or another young 1st time head coach

lol at the bolded...Gordon is Extremely athletic...he just doesn't play much defense.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #10
Chicago76
I hit open 5-footers

Chicago76 has decent reputation

Quote:
i would make a run at Jermaine O'Neal, but I'm not sure that the Pacers want gordon.

Salary considerations aside, the Pacers aren't parting with O'Neal at this point for several reasons:

1-The Ps believe the injury problems are behind him because he's given himself more recovery time. Other teams aren't convinced. This means the Ps are assigning a higher trade value to him then they can get, so no trade can occur.

2-His contract has two years left, so he will have a lot more value midway through the season next year or the following year than this year.

More than likely, the Pacers will attempt to showcase O'Neal early next year. If he is the kind of guy who can give you 35 mpg, 19ppg, and 9 rpg, they'll trade him to someone desperate to make a playoff run given decent terms on the trade. Otherwise, they keep him until they can wipe his contract off the books.
Chicago76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #11
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina

You can have him for a late draft pick or something. I wouldn't mind seeing Deng, Gordon, Hinrich and Hughes all go. I'm not sure about Tyrus Thomas... he's showing some potential and Noah is the only player besides Nocioni who busts his ass every time he plays.

IMO, they need 3 things.

1.) A new head coach
2.) An all-star player who can give them 20+ PPG
3.) A real PG
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:08 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
1) Larry Brown is the best coach out there, and he's the guy Paxson should bring in. Don't let the Isiah BS in New York change the fact that he is a guy known for quick fixes, and the Bulls need that more than anything else. He'll bring in a quality coaching staff also, which is something the Bulls haven't had since Phil left. That means no more asskissing yes-man idiots like Pete Myers.

I never really thought of that. I mean I've been quick to say no about bringing in Larry Brown because I didn't think he'd work with a team like the Bulls currently have but if he brought in a whole new coaching staff as well then I'd probably change my mind about him. The Bulls DO need a totally different and new coaching staff.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:14 PM   #13
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Bulls gm is really dumb but Mitch should find out how dumb. He should offer him Jordan Farmar plus filler for Kirk Hinrich.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #14
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina

I thought Memphis was allergic to talent. They seem to sneeze it on to everyone else anytime it gets close.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
I thought Memphis was allergic to talent. They seem to sneeze it on to everyone else anytime it gets close.

Oh great... here's what BULLS will say...

"Every single player on Memphis is better than Luol Deng. Deng would be a 10th man on the Grizzlies right now."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: