Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 06-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default What do you think of Baron Davis?

What do you love about him and not love about him?

Talking about his game, not just the "stay healthy" stuff
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:43 PM   #2
xfactor99
I hit open layups

xfactor99 has an OK reputation so far

He does not make the players around him better.

He basically killed any chance of Mike Dunleavy progressing as a player this year. It doesn't help that we have no inside game, but even if we did, Baron would still refuse to get the ball inside to them. His shooting percentages are terrible, and his assist totals inflated. I never liked the deal from the onset, it looks pretty crummy now.
xfactor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Jazz Rockets all the way
I airball my layups

Jazz Rockets all the way has an OK reputation so far

i dont like players like him cos hes a pg , i respect an all that hes 1 hell of a scorer but i think a pg shouldnt get more than 18+ points just focus on assists n shit, plus if you jason richardson step up more i reckon he could do it
Jazz Rockets all the way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:32 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Davis can't help it that he's an offensive threat. He has the ability to put the ball in the hoop and his team needs him to do that to be succesful. When he first got traded to the Warriors his lines were like 18pts, 14ast, 6reb.. he's the kind of player who can score AND make his team mates better. And "when healthy" he's one of the top point guards in the league. He does make some bad decisions and can be turnover prone as well, but that comes when you handle the ball most of the game and try to set up other players.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:26 PM   #5
lawlerslaw100
Good High School Starter

lawlerslaw100 has decent reputationlawlerslaw100 has decent reputation
Unhappy BD

I am happy that Clips failed to acquire this guy who is Stephon MArbury West.
He started great and regressed and the Warriors are stuck with his contract
unless they can get the Knicks to swap Marbury for him.
lawlerslaw100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:44 AM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He sucks, 38.9 % in FG???
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
UCLAlegend32
Local High School Star

UCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat coolUCLAlegend32 is considered somewhat cool

Bdiddy is a stud sadly his career has been palgued by injuries. if he could stay healthy he'll be an allstar.
UCLAlegend32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #8
gmoney423
I Hit Open Layups

gmoney423 has an OK reputation so far
Default # 2 in the league in assists

This constantly baffles me that Baron gets called selfish when he was second in the league in assists at the time of his injury. I have followed this guys career since he was at UCLA and he was always a special player capable of dishing and scoring when necessary.

The fact of the matter is, outside of Richardson, there was nobody on this team that was a good shooter. If I am Baron driving to the hole and i see Dunleavy waiting in the corner with that deer in the headlights look in his eyes, I am going to keep the ball and try my luck at the line. It should be noted that Richardson thrived when Baron was in there increasing his scoring average and his profile as a high flyer.

I think we fail to recognize one other thing that Baron brought to the team, the high flying circus act that was the warriors. Both Richardson and Pietrus love playing with him because he gets them easy, spectacular buckets which then translates to confidence and defense. I can only imagine what kind of nasty dunks O'Bryant will get if he fills the lanes and runs like he is capable.

Sure he shot a low percentage but thats because he is the ONLY guy on the team (save monte ellis) who can create his own shot and he had to do it with the shotclock running out at least ten times a game. That will bring your average down.

Give Baron a shot, he is going to kill it this year. He saw Dunleavy, Richardson, and the rest of the youngsters develop while sitting on the bench and will have more confidence in getting them the ball. Once they all click, we have a squad.

Now if we can get one of our big men to have a breakout year, we should be fine.
gmoney423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
He sucks, 38.9 % in FG???

he is a bum......he has never been healthy .....I am warriors fan ...dont start writing me hate reply after this...takes too many 3's
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:52 AM   #10
yeahwhathesaid
I brick open layups

yeahwhathesaid has an OK reputation so far

that percenatage is horrbile consicdering he averaged 17ppg last season
yeahwhathesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 03:36 PM   #11
The Real GM
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Real GM has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation

Davis should be traded immediately. He has a bloated contract and has been noted as a cancer from many coaches. He forced his way out of New Orleans like a baby, and they already have a pg who will end up better than him, most likely. He munipulates the ball too much and jacks up way too many 3's. As stated in previous columns, he shoots around 39% from the field and turnover prone. He also is injury-plagued every year and misses way too many games. A possible trade could be Davis to Denver for Andre Miller and Ruben Patterson. The salaries match up perfectly, and Patterson is an expiring contract. Patterson would also bring defense and a swagger that this team lacks. I have seen Miller evolve into a solid pg over the years. He's unselfish and could throw that lob pass to J-Rich. He's not a good defender, but is alot cheaper than Davis. He also has limited shooting range, but at least he doesn't try to jack up 3's. He plays within his mid-range game, opposed to Davis who constantly jacks up 3's only to build a brick-house. I wrote on this team earlier this week and mentioned that they jacked-up the most 3's in the league and shoot the lowest %. Nobody on this team should be shooting 3's on a consistent basis, but thats Montgomery's fault for not putting a stop to it. They have a great post-player in Ike Diogu who I think should start, and could have a break-out year. What happened to Murphy playing more inside when he used to average over 10 rpg? Oh yeah, he's turned into a softy and sat outside the arc lauching 3's as well. It's not only Davis who I think should be gone. The list includes Murphy, Dunleavy, Pietrus, and Foyle (impossible with his contract), but the Spurs got a rid of Nesterovic who had a similar deal. As I stated in a previous column this team needs to rebuild and trade for expiring contracts and defensive players. Also, a few high % jump shooters wouldn't be bad. This team should be focused around Richardson, Diogu, and Ellis. They also need a proven NBA head coach. To end on a positive note, Mullin made a beautiful trade getting rid of Fisher's bloated contract for three expiring contracts in Brown, McLeod, and Owens. I think Brown can be a pleasent, much cheaper surprise.
The Real GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #12
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

He's a coach killer and more concerned with being flashy than being effective.

And he's always out of shape.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 AM   #13
GSW_Hoops
I Hit Open Layups

GSW_Hoops has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawlerslaw100
I am happy that Clips failed to acquire this guy who is Stephon MArbury West.
How did this come about? Davis was second in in the nba in assists and had he been healthy the warriors would have been a lock for the playoffs, and unlike marbury davis has carried a team to the playoffs before. anybody remember the hornets team that made the playoffs a few years back?...ALL Baron!
GSW_Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default marbury

Marbury also brought the Knicks to the playoffs in 2004, and I think he'll do it again this year, with Isiah as coach If Isiah can't bring the Knicks to the playoffs, he'll be fired, and we have five more years of ''rebuilding'' ahead of us
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #15
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSW_Hoops
How did this come about? Davis was second in in the nba in assists and had he been healthy the warriors would have been a lock for the playoffs, and unlike marbury davis has carried a team to the playoffs before. anybody remember the hornets team that made the playoffs a few years back?...ALL Baron!

If Amare would be healthy Suns would the be NBA champions :rollingeyes: .
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: