Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-16-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default The Season Looking back through google

Bryant asks for trade
"I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?

Kobe Denies Trade Demand
"I love being a Laker. I want to retire a Laker. I want to fix this thing, or at least help any way I can."

Kobe again uses own site to publicize rift with Lakers
"When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its [sic] hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere," the message on his Web site, kb24.com, read. "But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING."

Kobe Trade Demand Update: Lakers Issue Statement
"We are aware of the media reports. However, Kobe has not told us directly that he wants to be traded. We have made it very clear that we are building our team around Kobe and that we intend for him to be a Laker his entire career. We will speak directly to Kobe and until we do that, we will not comment publicly about this."

The Kobe Video
"Andrew Bynum? ****ing ship his ass out."

Derek Fisher Returns to Los Angeles
Point guard Derek Fisher, who played an integral role on the Lakers' three-peat team earlier this decade, has agreed in principle to a three-year contract, the Los Angeles Times reports. The deal is worth roughly $14 million.

Jerry Buss flies to Spain to meet with Kobe
Kobe Met with Jerry Buss in Spain on Friday, and re-iterated his desire to play for a team other than the Los Angeles Lakers next year.
Bryant voiced concerns about the direction of the franchise and reiterated his demand to be traded

'The Lakers know exactly where I stand'
In one week, the Lakers reconvene for the next NBA season having not traded Bryant, as he sought, or traded for proven talent to help Bryant, which was his initial offseason request. Bryant’s disenchantment with the Lakers led to some speculation he would not report to training camp.

Lakers owner Buss not closing door to Bryant trade
At any time, I think you have to do that with anybody. It's just part of the game ... You can't keep too many loyalties. You've got to look at it as a business. He looks at it the same way I look at it.

Kobe Booed on Home Court, Lakers lose Opener of 07-08 season to HoustonThey fall to the Rockets, 95-93, despite Bryant's 45 points and a furious late rally.

LAKERS HEAD COACH PHIL JACKSON SIGNS CONTRACT EXTENSION
Los Angeles Lakers Head Coach Phil Jackson has signed a contract extension for an additional season as well as an option for a second year, which would ensure Jackson remaining with the team through the 2009-10 season

Lakers trade Cook and Evans to Orlando for Trevor Ariza
The Los Angeles Lakers traded forward Brian Cook and swingman Maurice Evans to the Orlando Magic on Tuesday for forward Trevor Ariza.

Bynum's play is Lakers' biggest gift
Where Bynum is, in the here-and-now, is pleasing enough for the Lakers, who have clearly turned a corner. They are on a 9-2 run, including Tuesday's win over the Pacific Division-leading Suns, and trail Phoenix by one game.

Andrew Bynum Injured, Lakers win
LOS ANGELES (AP) -Lakers center Andrew Bynum was helped off the court with a sprained left knee early in the third quarter of Sunday night’s game against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Kobe glad he wasn't traded, is 'happy' with Lakers
"I'm happy to be here," Bryant said. "My guys and I -- we have such a tight bond. Business and basketball sometimes can cloud things, but when you get here in your element and you're around your teammates and just having a good time with them and thinking about them and not about the business of the game, that's when it becomes fun."

Lakers Acquire Gasol From Grizzlies
The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Pau Gasol in a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. The Lakers will also receive the Grizzlies second round draft choice in 2010. In exchange Memphis will receive forward Kwame Brown, guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (who the Lakers signed earlier today), the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010.

Lakers hold off Hornets to clinch Pacific Division
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kobe Bryant flashed a big smile after leading the Los Angeles Lakers to victory in their most important game of the season.
It was the smile of a champion.

What a long trip it has been laker fans and it ends like this

Los Angeles Lakers 2007-2008 Western Conference Champions

Bravo to Phil for be being the guiding hand through this turbulent off season, for letting the kids play and grow into the team kobe wanted.
Bravo to Mitch and Dr. Buss for turning a deaf ear to Kobe, and making the big moves
Bravo to Kobe for giving it a chance to work, for growing into the team leader you always wanted to be.
Bravo to Fisher and Lamar for being the "Glue"
Bravo to Bynum, Luke, Farmar, Sasha for taking that next step and doing it so well
Bravo to the true Laker fan who stuck by the team in what was certainly a dark and cloudy time
Bravo to me for googling all this crap

Last edited by gts : 04-16-2008 at 11:23 PM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
Kobe/Bynum/Gasol
I airball my layups

Kobe/Bynum/Gasol has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Season Looking back through google

Nice.
Kobe/Bynum/Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Bryant asks for trade
"I would like to be traded, yeah. Tough as it is to come to that conclusion there's no other alternative, you know?

Kobe Denies Trade Demand
"I would love for him to be a part of this," Bryant said. "But it's not something where I demand he comes here. All I can do is offer my thoughts. I love being a Laker. I want to retire a Laker. I want to fix this thing, or at least help any way I can."

Kobe again uses own site to publicize rift with Lakers
"When you love something as much as I love the Lakers its [sic] hard to even imagine thinking about being elsewhere," the message on his Web site, kb24.com, read. "But, the ONE THING I will never sacrifice when it comes to basketball is WINNING."

Kobe Trade Demand Update: Lakers Issue Statement
"We are aware of the media reports. However, Kobe has not told us directly that he wants to be traded. We have made it very clear that we are building our team around Kobe and that we intend for him to be a Laker his entire career. We will speak directly to Kobe and until we do that, we will not comment publicly about this."

The Kobe Video
"Andrew Bynum? ****ing ship his ass out."

Derek Fisher Returns to Los Angeles
Point guard Derek Fisher, who played an integral role on the Lakers' three-peat team earlier this decade, has agreed in principle to a three-year contract, the Los Angeles Times reports. The deal is worth roughly $14 million.

Jerry Buss flies to Spain to meet with Kobe
Kobe Met with Jerry Buss in Spain on Friday, and re-iterated his desire to play for a team other than the Los Angeles Lakers next year.
Bryant voiced concerns about the direction of the franchise and reiterated his demand to be traded

'The Lakers know exactly where I stand'
In one week, the Lakers reconvene for the next NBA season having not traded Bryant, as he sought, or traded for proven talent to help Bryant, which was his initial offseason request. Bryant’s disenchantment with the Lakers led to some speculation he would not report to training camp.

Lakers owner Buss not closing door to Bryant trade
At any time, I think you have to do that with anybody. It's just part of the game ... You can't keep too many loyalties. You've got to look at it as a business. He looks at it the same way I look at it.

Kobe Booed on Home Court, Lakers lose Opener of 07-08 season to HoustonThey fall to the Rockets, 95-93, despite Bryant's 45 points and a furious late rally.

LAKERS HEAD COACH PHIL JACKSON SIGNS CONTRACT EXTENSION
Los Angeles Lakers Head Coach Phil Jackson has signed a contract extension for an additional season as well as an option for a second year, which would ensure Jackson remaining with the team through the 2009-10 season

Lakers trade Cook and Evans to Orlando for Trevor Ariza
The Los Angeles Lakers traded forward Brian Cook and swingman Maurice Evans to the Orlando Magic on Tuesday for forward Trevor Ariza.

Bynum's play is Lakers' biggest gift
Where Bynum is, in the here-and-now, is pleasing enough for the Lakers, who have clearly turned a corner. They are on a 9-2 run, including Tuesday's win over the Pacific Division-leading Suns, and trail Phoenix by one game.

Andrew Bynum Injured, Lakers win
LOS ANGELES (AP) -Lakers center Andrew Bynum was helped off the court with a sprained left knee early in the third quarter of Sunday night’s game against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Kobe glad he wasn't traded, is 'happy' with Lakers
"I'm happy to be here," Bryant said. "My guys and I -- we have such a tight bond. Business and basketball sometimes can cloud things, but when you get here in your element and you're around your teammates and just having a good time with them and thinking about them and not about the business of the game, that's when it becomes fun."

Lakers Acquire Gasol From Grizzlies
The Los Angeles Lakers have acquired forward Pau Gasol in a trade with the Memphis Grizzlies, it was announced today by General Manager Mitch Kupchak. The Lakers will also receive the Grizzlies second round draft choice in 2010. In exchange Memphis will receive forward Kwame Brown, guard Javaris Crittenton, guard Aaron McKie (who the Lakers signed earlier today), the draft rights to Marc Gasol and first round picks in 2008 and 2010.

Lakers hold off Hornets to clinch Pacific Division
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kobe Bryant flashed a big smile after leading the Los Angeles Lakers to victory in their most important game of the season.
It was the smile of a champion.

What a long trip it has been laker fans and it ends like this

Los Angeles Lakers 2007-2008 Western Conference Champions

Bravo to Phil for be being the guiding hand through this turbulent off season, for letting the kids play and grow into the team kobe wanted.
Bravo to Mitch and Dr. Buss for turning a deaf ear to Kobe, and making the big moves
Bravo to Kobe for giving it a chance to work, for growing into the team leader you always wanted to be.
Bravo to Fisher and Lamar for being the "Glue"
Bravo to Bynum, Luke, Farmar, Sasha for taking that next step and doing it so well
Bravo to the true Laker fan who stuck by the team in what was certainly a dark and cloudy time
Bravo to me for googling all this crap
lol nice. A ture laker indeed
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Bravo to you, gts.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:28 PM   #5
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

ahw yess GTS my favorite poster.. Thank you nicely done
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

gts,
thanks for taking the time to put that together. good read.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:37 AM   #7
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

woah.... impressive.. what a long season it has been, eh?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:26 AM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

what a season its been
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 AM   #9
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Glad everything turned out the way it did.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: