Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2008, 11:22 PM   #16
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation
Default Re: Bill Simmons good MVP article (KG #1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
I am not here to debate the MVP race but I will debate this point.

Actually, it is true. It was the biggest single season turnaround ever record wise in NBA history. No other current NBA player would have done that for the Celtics.

Paul Pierce injury, and general tanking led to a record not indicative of the talent the team had last year....so basically this year they added Ray Allen, KG, AND had a healthy Pierce...I will give it to kg for changing the atmosphere there, but I don't think you can say the turnaround was all on his shoulders
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #17
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdubaba
bcos the rest are not in question u dum PHUCK.

KG is a choker. he is lucky he has PP and RAY ALLEN. deal with it.

Explain how KG is a choker?
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #18
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Kobe is ranked too high.
KG is not MVP, if he wins, he'll be the least clutch ever of all MVP winners.
The best aspect of that article is on Manu. Manu is indeed the most clutch player in the world today.
Anyway CP3 should win MVP, Lebron should be the runner up.
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #19
abdubaba
Serious playground baller

abdubaba has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Explain how KG is a choker?

im sorry. he is not a choker. u are just pissing me off.

i respect the guy. his game winning shot last year fading away is one of the best i have ever seen

he took his wolves team to playoffs all those years without having any star around him.

i respect the guy a lot. but he is not the mvp this season
abdubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:31 PM   #20
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

dynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
im sorry. he is not a choker. u are just pissing me off.

i respect the guy. his game winning shot last year fading away is one of the best i have ever seen

he took his wolves team to playoffs all those years without having any star around him.

i respect the guy a lot. but he is not the mvp this season

Perhaps not a choker, but just not the type to lead his team down the stretch of games. Frankly, I would rather have the game in Paul's hands when the game matters w/Ray spotting up......KG is option 3 in the clutch.
dynasty1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:32 PM   #21
abdubaba
Serious playground baller

abdubaba has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynasty1978
Perhaps not a choker, but just not the type to lead his team down the stretch of games. Frankly, I would rather have the game in Paul's hands when the game matters w/Ray spotting up......KG is option 3 in the clutch.

yah, but no big is a first option in the clutch
abdubaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #22
TheHonestTruth
Banned

TheHonestTruth has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
yah, but no big is a first option in the clutch

Kareem? Akeem?
TheHonestTruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #23
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
Paul Pierce injury, and general tanking led to a record not indicative of the talent the team had last year....so basically this year they added Ray Allen, KG, AND had a healthy Pierce...I will give it to kg for changing the atmosphere there, but I don't think you can say the turnaround was all on his shoulders
So? The second largest turn around was due to David Robinson going down for the majority of the season. Usually when a team has a terrible season, injuries are involved.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:38 AM   #24
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't like the pick. All the stuff for the franchise should have no bearing, not to mention you could say the same for Kobe and LeBron. I think Celts record without KG this year was a good argument against him being MVP. I also don't buy the turnaround, because the Celtics were so obviously tanking last year, especially with the Pierce injury, that it was somewhat embarrasing.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #25
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
So? The second largest turn around was due to David Robinson going down for the majority of the season. Usually when a team has a terrible season, injuries are involved.
Not only the injury, but also some tanking.
Also, the next season they got Tim Duncan who averaged ~20/10 for his rookie season.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:28 AM   #26
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Kobe has Pau and Lamar
CP3 has West and Peja
MJ had Rodman and Pippen
Malone had Stockton
Nash had Amare and Marion

Whats your point?

Lebron has Gibson and Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #27
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
I think Celts record without KG this year was a good argument against him being MVP.

Its important to not underrate the impact he has had on his team mates during practice, particulary defensively. so even when he is not playing, they are already riding on high confidence. He lifted the teams defence as a whole IMO.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 02:21 AM   #28
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, agreed, and at the time I argued the same point, but their success lasted a while. I don't know, I don't think he's the right choice.
DeuceWallaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 AM   #29
asu77golf
Your momma so fat...

asu77golf has an OK reputation so far

Bill Simmons sucks
asu77golf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: