Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 08-15-2006, 07:39 PM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default I hope the Knicks never get rid of Crawford.

for me a like watchin jamel crawford play. he is basically the best shooter on the team and he got one of the best crossover dribbles in the league. another thing i like about him is that he doesnt have a negative ego. when larry brown benched him for no reason at all he didnt beef about it or ask to be traded he just come off the bench and he performed. last season was his best year as a pro. if the knicks didnt have the season they had he would of been the 6th amn of the year. another thing i like about him is that he takes the big shots and he makes them. when the knicks go to the playoffs he will be the 6th man of the year, but i do wish he was starting.

Last edited by brooklynchild155 : 08-15-2006 at 07:42 PM.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:08 PM   #2
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
for me a like watchin jamel crawford play. he is basically the best shooter on the team and he got one of the best crossover dribbles in the league. another thing i like about him is that he doesnt have a negative ego. when larry brown benched him for no reason at all he didnt beef about it or ask to be traded he just come off the bench and he performed. last season was his best year as a pro. if the knicks didnt have the season they had he would of been the 6th amn of the year. another thing i like about him is that he takes the big shots and he makes them. when the knicks go to the playoffs he will be the 6th man of the year, but i do wish he was starting.
He'll give good bench production off the bench.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #3
defmut
I hit open layups

I remember him as a Bull. He was the go-to guy on the Bulls. Sometimes he made the big shots, sometimes he didn't. There were games when he'll score 30+ then only score 8 points the next couple games. I was say he's inconsisent. I wasn't impressed with his defensive skill either. I remember Zeke dangling him as trade bait for a while last season so...
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

he improved his defense big time, beleive it or not larry brown turned him into a workhouse, he was larrys favorite player towards the end of the season, after his 5 game winners and buzzer beaters..brown was all over him
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:00 PM   #5
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
he improved his defense big time, beleive it or not larry brown turned him into a workhouse, he was larrys favorite player towards the end of the season, after his 5 game winners and buzzer beaters..brown was all over him
Haha buzzer beaters and Larry Brown brings me back some memories. When Jamal Crawford got the winner vs either the Cavs, Pacers or Pistons everybody was cheering and LB wanted to throw the guys off the court. I saw it in a Knicks video on youtube. Larry Brown truly was pissed when we won.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:29 PM   #6
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk

im not even goin to front that was probably the only good thing larry brown did. larry brown made him take better shots. he went to the hole more also. every year he was in the league he took more threes then freethrow attemps. that dramaticly changed last season. thats y i said last season was his best year.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

Quote:
im not even goin to front that was probably the only good thing larry brown did. larry brown made him take better shots. he went to the hole more also. every year he was in the league he took more threes then freethrow attemps. that dramaticly changed last season. thats y i said last season was his best year.

yeaaa ma dude, i know what you mean man, LB helped jamal out a lot but he also made marbury worst..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #8
Big C
I brick open layups

Quote:

Agreed. I'm a big Jamal fan also.
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:16 AM   #9
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Lightbulb I'm the world's greatest...

New York needs to trade Francis.

Francis + Marbury = Wtf?
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:21 AM   #10
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
New York needs to trade Francis.

Francis + Marbury = Wtf?
Close...

Francis + Marbury = Walt and Earl
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:48 AM   #11
defmut
I hit open layups

when Francis + Marbury are on the court together, team concept is thrown out the window.
defmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:14 AM   #12
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Talking So long...to the near by glance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by defmut
when Francis + Marbury are on the court together, team concept is thrown out the window.

hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSVIP
Close...

Francis + Marbury = Walt and Earl

Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 05:08 AM   #13
oldknickfan
Now there is hope!

I agree! Crawford had his best year last year. Greatly improved his D, shot selection and passing. Was the best at winning close games. He got more from LB than any other Knick.

Hopefully, Francis will be showcased as a starter and then traded before the trade deadline. A Marbury-Crawford back court will probably finish all close games, but would also be a great starting one.
oldknickfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #14
sixty
Good High School Starter

If he works on selective shooting, passing and defense, he will be allright.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:17 AM   #15
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

Jamal is our best player, and if Isiah plays him right, he can be the sixth man of the year. Our backcourt is the most talented in the NBA, but Francis has GOT to go for a pass first point guard that will allow Marbury more shots, and let him shift to the SG position. Jamal is perfect where he is.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: