Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-28-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.
Default Ellis/Pietrus

Why aren't the Warriors looking more actively to deal J Rich. I understand he's injured, but there are prob some teams that would love to add him. They already have Micheal Pietrus who's looking like a starting caliber SG, and Monte Ellis looks like a keeper. I would def look to trade him for even a guy like KMart who would give the Warriors some intensity. I don't see them getting that from O'Bryant, Biedrins, Diogu, or Murphy...
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I think Murphy is the most likely to be moved, maybe even J-Rich. They seemed sold on Ike at PF, so i doubt they would get another player that would take minutes from him. Ellis and Pietrus is a very good future backcourt.
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

How about J-Rich for Gerald Wallace/Brevin Knight? Sounds really dumb, but I think Wallace is just a tier below Richardson, and with Knight, you could actually get to the playoffs. More playing time for Pietrus, as well.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

I dont see the Bobcats trading Gerald for a while
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #5
PFunk

that could work, maybe in the offseason. i think wallace is a free agent this summer. who knows he could be moved since they did just draft morrison
Old 08-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #6
StillWaiting
Can barely lace up my sneakers

StillWaiting has an OK reputation so far
Default Trade Richardson?

I don't see how Pietrus can take over for J-Rich, even if JR's injury is worse than we have heard. I question the desire of Pietrus to take it to the hole. Nor do I think he has fully grasped the NBA game, let alone the offense the Nellie is going to run. And now Pietrus had fallen in love with the three and does not really hit that shot.
StillWaiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #7
Hoonyo
High school junior varsity star

Hoonyo has an OK reputation so far

Pietrus is stupid. He couldn't replace MDJ. He took his starting role for about a month, but they realized how bad he was they gave Dunleavy his starting role back. There's no effing way he could replace J-Rich. He isn't as good at scoring, shooting, rebounding, blocking, and handling.

Ellis is going to be Baron's backup and point guard of the future. He's a very good combo guard. Definitely a keeper. They dealt away Fisher as a salary dump, but they also did it to let Ellis grow.
Hoonyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
PFunk

I think that Pietrus could improve under Don Nelson. The Warriors will be more of a run and gun team. The best thing that could happen is Dunleavy Jr. gets traded along with one of the big men busts like Foyle or Biedrins. If they could get someone like Nene or Dalembert. Watch out..highly unlikely but would help
Old 08-31-2006, 09:15 PM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

I heard Ellis has been doing a lot of community work. Pretty cool. He'll be starter for the warriors someday.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #10
Hoonyo
High school junior varsity star

Hoonyo has an OK reputation so far

The best thing that can happen to Dunleavy is a transformation into the white Boris Diaw. 15/5/5 would be stellar and plausible under Nelson's system and his love for point forwards. I don't want to give up on Dunleavy yet.
Hoonyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:08 AM   #11
PFunk

there are some difference between diaw and dunleavy. diaw is a much better defender and way better doing work in the paint. mike is a much better shooter, and more of a finesse player...if he could somehow morph in to boris i'd def give him props.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:18 AM   #12
warriors23
Banned

warriors23 has an OK reputation so far

they should keep j-rich and pietrus but i would trsade ellis
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: