Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #166
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Official Thread: WC Round #1 Lakers vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Smith, Kleiza, Najera > Sasha, Walton, Turiaf, Farmar

maybe individually in a 1 on 1 or on basis of talent, however as a unit the lakers bench is stronger then denvers

everyone has been saying it all year, the lakers have one of the best if not the best bench in the league
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:48 PM   #167
letsdothis
I hit open layups

letsdothis has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official Thread: WC Round #1 Lakers vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
maybe individually in a 1 on 1 or on basis of talent, however as a unit the lakers bench is stronger then denvers

everyone has been saying it all year, the lakers have one of the best if not the best bench in the league

the bench players are better teammates when they are on the floor. There were so many games, especially at the beginning of the season, when the second unit bailed out the first unit and got the win for the team.
letsdothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #168
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Dizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat coolDizzle-2k7 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Denver Nuggets Will Upset Los Angeles Lakers

Denver is a scary matchup.. and what if the nuggets go to zone? theyve been successful at it lately.

and the lakers arent exactly the spurs or celtics when it comes to defense either.. not unless bynum comes back.
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #169
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

no western team should feel comfortable with their matchup.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #170
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

the difference of games this season between pistons and celtics is same as nuggets and lakers..(7)

western conference teams are sooo close...
I wouldnt call any result game in the west an upset..any team is capable of beating the other
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #171
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by francesco totti
the difference of games this season between pistons and celtics is same as nuggets and lakers..(7)

western conference teams are sooo close...
I wouldnt call any result game in the west an upset..any team is capable of beating the other

That is a very good point.

Denver's D will not be nearly as bad as people are pretending, just as it hasn't been nearly as bad all year. Denver's D at the very worst is average. Its had times when its been awful, but has also been ranked top 4 in the NBA in halfcourt O for most of the season. Its called pace, when a team is able to enforce its slower pace on Denver, Denver's defense shows its effectiveness (see Denver in past postseasons). However, I think LA will allow Denver to be comfortable and play at their own pace.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 04-18-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 AM   #172
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The matchup you are forgetting here is:

Phil Jackson vs George Karl

Do you honestly think the nuggets can win this? No way Phil Jackson and the #1 seeded lakers get upset by Karl.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:05 AM   #173
kidachi

I hope so, but it's really bleak. Lakers are on a tare.. and they're confidence is just big. and these self-destructing thugs of Denver won't overcome it.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:12 AM   #174
32MJ32
PG, Boonville Jerkoffs

32MJ32 has decent reputation

Should be a great series, I can't wait. And Totti's point is a good one, there's barely anything seperating the teams in each matchup. Could go either way.

The West almost feels like the MLB playoffs.
32MJ32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:42 AM   #175
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
DFish beats AC
Kobe beats AI
Melo beats VRad
Odom beats Kmart
Gasol beats Camby
Laker bench beats Nuggs bench

Lakers in 6
that sure is a unique way of predicting an outcome
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:44 AM   #176
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far

You know the Zen Master is in the zone on these few days off figuring out how to pick apart George Karl. This is the main factor in deciding what I think is going to be a 7 game series.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #177
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
Does anyone else think that JR with his elite size and athleticism, could do a great job gaurding Kobe if he put his mind to it? I never payed much attention to his defense so I wouldn't be one to rate it. Has anyone ever seen him focus up and try %100 on the defensive end of the floor?

I wish more Lakers fans were like this. Actually discussing the game and taking an open approach to things.

Anyways, I'm a huge Nugget fan, I've watched over 70+ games this season. JR Smith has the size, speed, potential to sort of keep up with Kobe, however, he is young and immature. Maybe he'll be a different player in the playoffs but Kobe has a history of embarrassing JR Smith. JR jumps on every pump fake and will usually give up if Kobe penetrates to the hole. JR will quickly get into foul trouble so it probably wouldn't be a great idea.

I think the Nuggets' best bet for stopping Kobe is to have AC front him on every possession and try to be a pest on the defensive end, denying Kobe the chance to get the ball. K-Mart should be our help man and I wouldn't mind K-Mart trying to defend Kobe because he's strong, tall, and very athletic. Granted, Kobe is faster than K-Mart, he is still our best man on man defender.

*edit* And now that I think of it, JR seems slow on the defensive end. I can't really put my finger on it, he is fast when he runs down the court, however, he sort of is slow like Gasol in a way. I think it has to do with "lateral movement" or maybe I'm thinking something else but JR doesn't seem to move fast when hes trying to stay in front of a defender.

Last edited by w00terz : 04-18-2008 at 02:06 AM.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:18 AM   #178
LMFAO
Serious playground baller

LMFAO has decent reputationLMFAO has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
not going to happen, even though i wish it could. i like denver.
me too. Denver lways seem to end up in a hell of a first round match up. Not likely Denver takes it BUT that is why they play the game. I still remember Deke holding the ball on the floor laughing when they illiminated the Sonics who were the best team by far that year but just laid an egg in that series. George Karl was on the other bench that time though, lol.
LMFAO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:39 AM   #179
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
DFish beats AC
Kobe beats AI
Melo beats VRad
Odom beats Kmart
Gasol beats Camby
Laker bench beats Nuggs bench

Lakers in 6

Agreed with most of your words but this one... K-mart is at the same level as Odom and probably even be a little bit better...
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:50 AM   #180
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Agreed with most of your words but this one... K-mart is at the same level as Odom and probably even be a little bit better...

Of Course a Nets fan would say that.

I give the nod to Odom easily.
And yes of course its easy for a Laker fan to say that as well.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: