Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #16
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Official Thread: WC Round #1 Lakers vs Nuggets

Lakers in 6
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM   #17
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah matchups should be interesting. anyone thinking the lakers will have an easy time is overlooking a lot on denvers side.

the difference may be that la can play defense while the nuggets havent been doing so too much.
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #18
Local High School Star

211269 has an OK reputation so far

Seriously, who the hell is scared of Camby? Maybe some of you missed the lakers adjusting to Parker cutting down the lane in the first half and shutting him down in the 2nd half. Not really scared of AI either. Denver has NO ONE to guard Kobe, but then again, neither do any other teams. The Lakers blew out the other top 2 teams in the west over the weekend ya know. Pau and Turiaf easily handled West and Chandler and then Duncan in back to back games. I dont think Camby and Carmello are going to be much of a problem. Lakers in 5
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
Jorn444Lakers
Local High School Star

Jorn444Lakers has an OK reputation so far

I think the nuggets will be a lot tougher than some suggest. Some of the match ups scare me, but I think in the end, the lakers will pull it out.

Lakers in 6
Jorn444Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #20
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
JR smith is gonna guard Kobe.

Thats a joke...dude is gonna get killed. Kobe has always had his way with JR. I remember the first time JR played him in NO and Kobe killed him and put the fear of god in him.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:39 PM   #21
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Denver can play ball.
I'm afraid that they are one of those teams that waits until the playoffs to start playing defense seriously.

Lakers better come prepared to play physical D...to take Denver out of their sync.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #22
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Seriously, who the hell is scared of Camby? Maybe some of you missed the lakers adjusting to Parker cutting down the lane in the first half and shutting him down in the 2nd half. Not really scared of AI either. Denver has NO ONE to guard Kobe, but then again, neither do any other teams. The Lakers blew out the other top 2 teams in the west over the weekend ya know. Pau and Turiaf easily handled West and Chandler and then Duncan in back to back games. I dont think Camby and Carmello are going to be much of a problem. Lakers in 5
And who the hell would be scared of Turiaf?
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:43 PM   #23
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dont think the match up favors Denver.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:44 PM   #24
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

It will be an exciting series to watch but the Lakers are going to win in 5. I hope JR continues to shoot well from 3 point land in the Playoffs, LK sucks.

Vujacic, Farmar, Fisher, Vlad are going to demolish us from the outside.

Gasol, Turiaf, Odom, and (possibly) Bynum are going to have their way with us.

Kobe is going to be Kobe.

w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:46 PM   #25
~LA's finest~
I hit open 5-footers

~LA's finest~ has an OK reputation so far

I fear Denver more then most, they got the star power and could get hot at the right time...we need to keep our head up, this isn't your typical #1 vs #8 series. Denver is legit. I just hope they don't start d'ing up.
~LA's finest~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:47 PM   #26
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Denver can play ball.
I'm afraid that they are one of those teams that waits until the playoffs to start playing defense seriously.

Lakers better come prepared to play physical D...to take Denver out of their sync.

I'll say this, Denver has never IMO had a bad defensive series the past 4 years. Its been offense that's been the problem, and while they've had some terrible defensive games the past month+, Denver's D for most of the year was top 7 in defensive efficiency. The fact that their pace gives up like 100+ possessions was why they were giving up 103ppg most of the year. But again, their D has regressed lately (even though in some of the games they've had to have their D has come to play like vs GS and Houston recently) so I don't know.

I think the ball movement of the triangle will hurt Denver, but...
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:54 PM   #27
lbj4kb8
Decent playground baller

lbj4kb8 has decent reputationlbj4kb8 has decent reputation

Seems like a lot of people here don't think the Lakers should underestimate Denver. However, I'd rather have the Lakers play Denver then the Warriors. Now that team scares the hell out of me.

But I think this will be a good match up too. The x-factor is going to be Lamar. Denver is going to keep their focus on Kobe and Pau and this will open a lot up for Lamar. Lamar is going to have a good series I think. There isn't a player the Nuggs have that can contain Lamar.
lbj4kb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #28
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SAS says Lakers in 7 in a highly contested series... sounds like he has forced himself to go with the Lakers when he really wants Denver... haha, funny.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 PM   #29
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Denver is a scary 1st round opponent. Extremely talented and athletic. This is going to be much tougher than what people (especially fellow Lakers fans) are expecting.

Lakers in 6
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:58 PM   #30
ruslan
Decent college freshman

ruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat coolruslan is considered somewhat cool

AI got this....
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: