Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-17-2008, 12:17 AM   #46
w00terz
FACT

Default Re: Official Thread: WC Round #1 Lakers vs Nuggets

I want to let it be known from the get go, I believe the Nuggets are going to lose in 5. I fully support my team but the Lakers are our worst matchup possible (even worse than the Spurs).
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:39 AM   #47
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
I want to let it be known from the get go, I believe the Nuggets are going to lose in 5. I fully support my team but the Lakers are our worst matchup possible (even worse than the Spurs).

as a laker fan, i will agree with u..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:44 AM   #48
bada bing
College star

laker's are definitely the team to beat this year. Saying that, this is the worst matchup the Lakers could have gotten in the first round. On the risk of being jumped over by laker homers, we could see a repeat of what we saw last year with the Mavs and GSW.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #49
Jorn444Lakers
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
laker's are definitely the team to beat this year. Saying that, this is the worst matchup the Lakers could have gotten in the first round. On the risk of being jumped over by laker homers, we could see a repeat of what we saw last year with the Mavs and GSW.

This is a very good possibility, especially if the lakers don't focus on the defensive end. The west is so deep this year, you can't sleep on anyone. The nugs do give the lakers some match-up nightmares, and the lakers do the same for the nugs.

Should be a fun one
Jorn444Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #50
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing

While I would agree with you and say that Lakers are one of the teams to beat..... in the West, I wouldn't say they're the team to beat in the whole league, that honor belongs to either Boston, Detroit, or San Antonio, but they're right next to them.

Also, stop being a *****, who cares if you get run over by the Laker homers(yes, there are plenty), you shouldn't feel threatened to post just because you're afraid of some trolls reaction to your opinions.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 AM   #51
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
I forgot how stupid it was to believe that Denver actually stands a chance of beating L.A. in the playoffs. In your eyes, Denver has no chance right? you're dieing to say LA in 4 but don't want to sound like a homer. Get over it, LA isn't that great and their only 7 games ahead of Denver. Any team in the Western conference playoffs has a chance of beating one another.

Just out of curiousity, how many "dummy" emotes did you give to the guys that were saying Warriors would beat the Mavs last year?

Outside of Mavs fans, almost everyone expected the Warriors to beat Dallas last season based on their regular season head-to-head record and matchup problems.

Denver just gave up 111 points to Memphis. I don't expect the Lakers to sweep (actually predicted LA in 6)....but I would be shocked IF Denver wins more than 2 games. Most Nuggets fans themselves are doubting their own team in this series.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:08 AM   #52
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Outside of Mavs fans, almost everyone expected the Warriors to beat Dallas last season based on their regular season head-to-head record and matchup problems.

Denver just gave up 111 points to Memphis. I don't expect the Lakers to sweep (actually predicted LA in 6)....but I would be shocked IF Denver wins more than 2 games. Most Nuggets fans themselves are doubting their own team in this series.
Lakers gave up 114 points to Memphis and lost to them in March, so what's your point?
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #53
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Lakers gave up 114 points to Memphis and lost to them in March, so what's your point?

What's the Lakers record and seeding compared to the Nuggets?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:10 AM   #54
tsforthrees
red vines cray

this is how i see the matchups playing out from our side.

i think camby will probably take pau down low, just because if he was on lamar odom he would get toasted. camby and pau will be a great matchup i think when the lakers are on offense.

i think we'll put martin on odom, but i think gk will probably have him guard kobe for a few possessions during the game.

melo and radmonovic. melo tends to leave 3 point shooters, so this one worries me, even though vlad seems like the player you would worry the least about in their starting rotation.

a.i. on derek fisher. as long as allen doesn't gamble too much fisher's 3's should be somewhat limited (i say somewhat cuz you can't eliminate the looks he'll get from kobe's playmaking)

we'll start with anthony carter on kobe. ac is a really underrated defender, he's pesky and doesn't back down from anyone. we'll throw kenyon and kleiza at kobe too. how we do against him will dictate how we do in the series.

if we can take one of the first two games at LA, i like our chances to take the series to 7. we are a much better home team this year than last year, and we aren't playing the spurs. if we go down 2-0 though, i don't think we'll be able to climb out of it. my prediction for the series is 4-2 lakers, but if we get a few breaks here and there, pull off a win early on in LA, and don't let kobe go absolutely nuts on us, i think we can win. 4 straight years of 4-1 first round exits. i don't know how much more of that i can take!
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #55
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

I want Bynum back Anyway no excuses. No matter who we play, every opponent in the west is tough. We have to prove we deserve being the #1 seed by winning this series. Go Lakers!
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:14 AM   #56
Poseidon
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
we'll start with anthony carter on kobe.

This is gonna get UGLY.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:15 AM   #57
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

I hope Karl uses JR on Kobe so he gets tired on offense. That guy's range seriously scares me..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #58
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
This is gonna get UGLY.

whoever you put on melo is gonna get pretty ugly too, i'm not saying its a wash, but our teams don't match up with each other very well
Old 04-17-2008, 01:18 AM   #59
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I hope Karl uses JR on Kobe so he gets tired on offense. That guy's range seriously scares me..

probably won't happen, karl usually uses kleiza as our bench defender for the opposing teams best wing. if he does put jr on him, i'm gonna be pissed
Old 04-17-2008, 01:19 AM   #60
w00terz
FACT

Quote:
This is gonna get UGLY.

lol at the guys who think im Poseidon.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: