Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #61
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Official Thread: WC Round #1 Lakers vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
What's the Lakers record and seeding compared to the Nuggets?
Nice job trying to change the subject, you bring up the Memphis game and now you want to talk about seedings? OK, well then the Lakers are only 7 games ahead of Denver, locked for the 1st seed, but were only 3 losses away from the 6th seed..there does that make you feel special now? would you like a cookie for that?
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 AM   #62
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I hope Karl uses JR on Kobe so he gets tired on offense. That guy's range seriously scares me..

SHUT UP! Don't f*cking say that, for the love of God. Matter of fact, I don't want to hear a single compliment towards Denver from you until the series is over. I still remember before the last game between Denver and Laker, you were complimenting Melo and he ended up rolling his ankle and sitting out two weeks the next day against the Lakers. STFU, I'm dead serious dude.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #63
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Kiddlovesnets' play-off 1st round prediction (Pt.1):

W1 Los Angles Lakers(57-25) 4-1 Denver Nuggets(50-32) W8
Another match-up for Kobe-Iverson since 2001's NBA final. Still, the Lakers seem to be considerably better than Iverson's team and this series is actually the easiest to predict in the West Conference. Still, the Nuggets have chance to upset the Lakers, but it's just not likely to happen though. Lakers in 5.

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 04-17-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:29 AM   #64
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

lol. FU Konex
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 AM   #65
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

AI average 50% + Melo 53% from the field against L.A. this season.
If guys like Kleiza, JR, KMart step up, then Denver has a good chance.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:34 AM   #66
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Nice job trying to change the subject, you bring up the Memphis game and now you want to talk about seedings? OK, well then the Lakers are only 7 games ahead of Denver, locked for the 1st seed, but were only 3 losses away from the 6th seed..there does that make you feel special now? would you like a cookie for that?

No, but I'll take a brownie from AI or Melo.

Last edited by Poseidon : 04-17-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:35 AM   #67
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Quote:

tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:39 AM   #68
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Outside of Mavs fans, almost everyone expected the Warriors to beat Dallas last season based on their regular season head-to-head record and matchup problems.
And outside of Spurs fans, did almost everyone expect the Cavs to beat the Spurs last year in the finals based on their regular season head-to-head- record and matchups where the Cavs beat the Spurs at their own game 2-0 during the regular season?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 AM   #69
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
probably won't happen, karl usually uses kleiza as our bench defender for the opposing teams best wing. if he does put jr on him, i'm gonna be pissed

JR is EASILY a better defender than LK
Old 04-17-2008, 01:44 AM   #70
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Heres your brownie:

Or if you don't want that, then you can have Kwame Brownie:

I know you guys miss having him on your team, especially you.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:46 AM   #71
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
JR is EASILY a better defender than LK

kleiza always guards the first option when hes in the game with the second team. karl has used him on kobe this season more than anyone else. plus do you really want j.r. fouling out on 6 bryant pump fakes?
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #72
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
kleiza always guards the first option when hes in the game with the second team. karl has used him on kobe this season more than anyone else. plus do you really want j.r. fouling out on 6 bryant pump fakes?

That's not all the way true, and Kobe will own LK before he does JR. LK doesn't have the speed to stay with Kobe, JR does.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:50 AM   #73
koichiii
I airball my layups

koichiii has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Oh yeah. JR Smith jumps on every pump fakes. I'd rather see Kleiza on Kobe. He's not as fast as JR, but is smarter on defense. He's also smarter on offense (he never or rarely takes bad shot).

JR Smith gotta better not fire to much from the outside. I've seen games where he was really good at driving and making tough lay ups. I think this would be one of the keys for Denver. An agressive JR Smith, going to the paint, instead of taking tons of bad 3s.
koichiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:55 AM   #74
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
"Everybody knows how big that stage is," Iverson said. "I relish the moment. This is what I play basketball for. This is why I love it so much. The competitive part of me is going to definitely come out. It would have come out regardless who we played or who we played against, but definitely under the bright lights, those are the moments I cherish."

Just like his matchup with Kobe Bryant.

"Let's go. This is what it's all about for me. You can't draw it up any better," Iverson said. "People say he's the best basketball player on the planet, so I'm definitely looking forward to the challenge. Especially with me believing that about myself, so let's go.

"This is what it's about. If you're scared, get a dog."

AI is ready

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280416007
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 AM   #75
tsforthrees
red vines cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
That's not all the way true, and Kobe will own LK before he does JR. LK doesn't have the speed to stay with Kobe, JR does.

anyone we put on kobe will get owned. i'm just guessing lk will get the assignment off the bench based on karl's past strategies. lk lacks the speed, but jr lacks the discipline (jumping for pump fakes, being overaggressive, losing track of his man).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: