Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #1351
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default Re: Round 1: Lakers vs Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Don't the Nuggets get it by now? You can't win games on offense alone. Look at how many times the Kings tried to reach the finals with only Doug Christie being a real defensive player. Someone needs to ring a bell in George Karl's ear so he'll wake the fu*k up!

Iverson is no longer the superstar he once was, but Denver really does have the talent to be a threat to any of the powerhouse teams in the West. Sure, Denver is scoring 100+ point games night-in-night-out, but they'll letting opposing teams run all over them!

It's just sad. If it wasn't for that god-awful 22/39 3rd quarter performance, maybe the Nuggets could have done something to take this game down to the wire. Iverson got hot late in the game, but it just wasn't enough. The Lakers shot 50+ % in this game! How the hell you going to win like that!

How is that Gasol trade looking now? Kobe had an off night, and Gasol picked up the slack, all the while the Lakers still win in overpowering fashion. The Lakers look scary right now.

The thing with Denver's D is............they have a stalworth in Camby, who is getting the job done, a big active body in Martin, and a guy in Melo who should really be a better defender with the size he has. Maybe he just doesn't care, I dunno. The backcourt is bound to struggle due to the lack of size.

With Denver, do they allow opponents into the lane b/c they feel confident that Camby will block every shot, or is it a matter of them throwing the same look every time at the opponent and not adjusting? I dunno. Don't get to see them often enough, but I guarantee that Camby get beat quite a bit b/c his teammates leave him stranded as the last line of defense. He can't block them all.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:06 PM   #1352
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Sure, Odom is the "X-factor" but Gasol was the real star in this one! If Gasol continues to play at that level, Kobe can play substandard from time to time and the Lakers still have a shot at winning.

Yeah, you may be right. Gasol was awsome also.....Maybe "co-stars". Gasol got the points, and pretty much dominated in the paint ..... Lamar just played an all-around GREAT game .. Doing all the little things that just don't show up on stats.

Anyway, I hope both can keep up this adrenaline and aggressiveness. GREAT GREAT performances by both!!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #1353
Local High School Star

Since when is 32 points considered an "off night"? So he didnt hit 60% of his shots, who gives a steaming ****? 90% of NBA players would kill to score 32 points in a playoff game. Haters are funny
211269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #1354
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
When Odom is playing his A game, it's a wonderful thing to watch. His style of play is so damn unorthodox, you can't help but jiggle inside and say "oh sh*t, did you see that?!" ...

When Lamar is playing like he has been since the All-Star break, he is without a doubt, a PERFECT fit with Gasol and Kobe. PERFECT!!!

I seriously believe that Lamar's lackadaisical days are over. At least, for as long as he plays for the Lakers, and along side Kobe and Gasol. I think he FINALLY realizes that he really is good, and can make a huge difference when he exerts himself and plays up to his abilities. He is very very comfortable being that 3rd option. GOOD FOR HIM!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #1355
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 211269
Since when is 32 points considered an "off night"? So he didnt hit 60% of his shots, who gives a steaming ****? 90% of NBA players would kill to score 32 points in a playoff game. Haters are funny

You do realize if Gasol and Odom had mediocre or less performances like Kobe did, the defensive clown Nuggets would have won, right?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #1356
ruslan
Decent college freshman

Quote:

You do realize if Gasol and Odom had mediocre or less performances like Kobe did, the defensive clown Nuggets would have won, right?

why the hell is ur name legend of josh?
ruslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:23 PM   #1357
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappy
When Lamar is playing like he has been since the All-Star break, he is without a doubt, a PERFECT fit with Gasol and Kobe. PERFECT!!!

I seriously believe that Lamar's lackadaisical days are over. At least, for as long as he plays for the Lakers, and along side Kobe and Gasol. I think he FINALLY realizes that he really is good, and can make a huge difference when he exerts himself and plays up to his abilities. He is very very comfortable being that 3rd option. GOOD FOR HIM!!!

4th when Drew gets back.

Maybe at the 4th option, he'll get even better. 25ppg?
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #1358
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruslan
why the hell is ur name legend of josh?

Maybe you should ask your moms that ?

Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:35 PM   #1359
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #1360
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
The thing with Denver's D is............they have a stalworth in Camby, who is getting the job done, a big active body in Martin, and a guy in Melo who should really be a better defender with the size he has. Maybe he just doesn't care, I dunno. The backcourt is bound to struggle due to the lack of size.

With Denver, do they allow opponents into the lane b/c they feel confident that Camby will block every shot, or is it a matter of them throwing the same look every time at the opponent and not adjusting? I dunno. Don't get to see them often enough, but I guarantee that Camby get beat quite a bit b/c his teammates leave him stranded as the last line of defense. He can't block them all.

With all due respect, Camby got owned by Gasol yesterday to the tune of being benched in the 4th. Not sure why he was so out of sync, but if I were Karl, i would be VERY concerned about that.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #1361
Kappy
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
4th when Drew gets back.

Maybe at the 4th option, he'll get even better. 25ppg?

True that!!! Can you imagine how scary this team is going to be next season .... Once Kobe, Lamar, Gasol, and Bynum have time to really gel well together .... OM -fricken-G!!! .... That's a scary, yet awsome thought!!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #1362
gts
Sons of Antartica

mlh1981 actually kinda answered his own question...camby was not let down and stranded by his team per se, he was let down by the coaching staff that put martin on kobe, you can't have kobe covered by martin out on the 3 pt line and expect camby to defend the paint alone, and the nuggs don't really have anyone that can fill that "help" role when you got lamar and gasol tearing it up inside... with martin on kobe it's just too easy for the lakers to spread the floor and exploit the mismatches...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #1363
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
mlh1981 actually kinda answered his own question...camby was not let down and stranded by his team per se, he was let down by the coaching staff that put martin on kobe, you can't have kobe covered by martin out on the 3 pt line and expect camby to defend the paint alone, and the nuggs don't really have anyone that can fill that "help" role when you got lamar and gasol tearing it up inside... with martin on kobe it's just too easy for the lakers to spread the floor and exploit the mismatches...

So why was Camby benched in the 4th? I am truly curious... I thought it was related to his poor play???

Old 04-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #1364
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So why was Camby benched in the 4th? I am truly curious... I thought it was related to his poor play???

i think it had as much to do with his 2 for 9 shooting and missed free throws... at that point i think karl felt they needed scoring to try and get back in the game
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #1365
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i think it had as much to do with his 2 for 9 shooting and missed free throws... at that point i think karl felt they needed scoring to try and get back in the game

to me, he did not have much energy on defense though... only for short spurts did he look solid and active with his feet.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: