Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 04-17-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation
Default Chris Lofton

Does anyone spend a draft pick on this guy in the first round? Was always a fan of his clutch shooting but was really exposed this season against taller guards. Don't know how much of his poor play in the tourney was a result of his ankle injury though. He didn't seem to have much lift on his jumper and they were routinely left short as a result.

He just puts me in the mind of a player like Eddie House. Deadly from outside and able to get off most shots but not a usual go to guy in the NBA.

Actually ended up liking the game of his less talked about teammate JaJuan Smith better by the end of the year. (boneheaded plays aside)
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #2
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Chris Lofton

it only takes one team to fall in love with you to go in he first,but- lofton has almost zero chance to be a 1st rd pick-

i think it is 50/50 on being a second round pick- he may be considered by some to be the best natural shooter in the draft-

jajaun smith is an nba type athlete and imo has a better chance to be a 2nd round pick

loftons great shooting stroke will likely not be enough to cover for his limted size and athletisism in the nba- imo he may not do it in the nba but he will always have a job somewhere because of his ability to shoot the basketball
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dude above pretty much nailed it.
Lofton is like Redick, except shorter, less athletic, and didn't even have close to the same stats the season before both entered the draft. I can't see dude getting drafted anywhere, might be picked up to see how he does in Summer League, and for sure, just like Trajan Langdon, he will find a job in Europe.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #4
Geriatric
Old Bum

Geriatric has decent reputationGeriatric has decent reputation

Thats generally the same impression I had. Maybe second round if at all. I actually think he is one of the ones that would have been better off coming out of school after his incredible Junior season. Think he actuallly hurt his stock by coming back and not living up to his own hype.

I think JaJuan will get a real look because of his defensive abilities alone. Pretty clutch player in his own right as well.
Geriatric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 AM   #5
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

He's terrible. A broke man's Redick at best.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why is it that i cant find this guy in a SINGLE online mock draft, 1st AND 2nd round. i know mock drafts are trash but you'd think he'd be somewhere
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
skan72
Deep dick pizza

skan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterskan72 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
why is it that i cant find this guy in a SINGLE online mock draft, 1st AND 2nd round. i know mock drafts are trash but you'd think he'd be somewhere

Sometimes the experts are actually right, and I'm glad to hear it they made the right choice on this one. Lofton isn't on any mock boards because HE SHOULD NOT BE on any mockboards.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: