Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,173
mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Cavs/Wizards series thread

Post your thought on this series.

I'm gonna go with Cavs in 7. They don't have an answer for King James, who will have had a chance to rest and heal up. Wally has played a little bit better, and some of our older guys, like Z and Wallace will be fresh and ready to go, I feel.

The guy on Washington that worries me the most is Caron Butler. He has shown a lot of improvement over the past few years. Him, Arenas, and Jamison will get their points, but I like our matchup at the center spot, where I believe that Ilgauskas can really step it up. Haywood is an inconsistent, foul prone player. I hope Mike Brown can utilize this mismatch, because I believe we are much better equipped at this position.

I don't have a problem with the comments of some of the Wizards. Nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly banter. We have too many guys in the NBA who give the predictable quotes. Let them talk. Nothing Arenas/Stevenson say should be taken seriously anyway. Both guys are rather eccentric. I think LeBron will come out fired up, though. We have had their number the past 2 seasons in the postseason. Having LeBron, who is a far better player than any of the trio from Wash. and an advantage at the center spot will propel us to victory. We need more than just 1-2 people getting double digits in points, though. I think West has played very well and is capable of stepping up. I look for him to be an "x factor."
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #2
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals
 
1~Gibson~1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,572
1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Post your thought on this series.

I'm gonna go with Cavs in 7. They don't have an answer for King James, who will have had a chance to rest and heal up. Wally has played a little bit better, and some of our older guys, like Z and Wallace will be fresh and ready to go, I feel.

The guy on Washington that worries me the most is Caron Butler. He has shown a lot of improvement over the past few years. Him, Arenas, and Jamison will get their points, but I like our matchup at the center spot, where I believe that Ilgauskas can really step it up. Haywood is an inconsistent, foul prone player. I hope Mike Brown can utilize this mismatch, because I believe we are much better equipped at this position.

I don't have a problem with the comments of some of the Wizards. Nothing wrong with a little bit of friendly banter. We have too many guys in the NBA who give the predictable quotes. Let them talk. Nothing Arenas/Stevenson say should be taken seriously anyway. Both guys are rather eccentric. I think LeBron will come out fired up, though. We have had their number the past 2 seasons in the postseason. Having LeBron, who is a far better player than any of the trio from Wash. and an advantage at the center spot will propel us to victory. We need more than just 1-2 people getting double digits in points, though. I think West has played very well and is capable of stepping up. I look for him to be an "x factor."
Cavs in 5

Edited...........


Washington @ Cleveland-Cleveland Wins

Washington @ Cleveland-Cleveland Wins

Cleveland @ Washington-Washington Wins

Cleveland @ Washington-Cleveland Wins

Washington @ Cleveland-Cleveland Wins

Cleveland @ Washington-X

Washington @ Cleveland-X

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 04-17-2008 at 10:56 PM.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:33 AM   #3
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
InLebronWeTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 692
InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

I would just like to say..

I hate Gilbert Arenas?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
Whiteness
Banned
 
Whiteness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 918
Whiteness has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
I would just like to say..

I hate Gilbert Arenas?
Save the smack talk for the Wizards and their fans. I believe they're going to be using it tonight. I predict a hellacious victory by the Wizards tonight. I just have that feeling. Teams like the Wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row. Hopefully Big Z will step up and the Cavs will play some serious ball.
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
InLebronWeTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 692
InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteness
Save the smack talk for the Wizards and their fans. I believe they're going to be using it tonight. I predict a hellacious victory by the Wizards tonight. I just have that feeling. Teams like the Wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row. Hopefully Big Z will step up and the Cavs will play some serious ball.


"Teams like the wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row."

Really??? I mean I'm not saying it couldn't happen. But they've actually lost their last seven games to the Cavs in the post season I believe. How's it smack?? I'm just saying I hate him. He wants everyone to have sympathy for this somber college story on why his number is 0. Who gives a sh it? Not me. And I'm actually glad him and Stevenson are calling LeBron out. It's gonna do the same thing that Bosh's girl did in Toronto.. it's gonna cost him. Plain in simple.

Cavaliers in 6.

Oh and by the way.. I don't care how bad Cleveland could possibly be, but how can analysts keep undermining this team? Any team with LeBron on it is dangerous, but yet I've yet to see an analyst even calling us winning. Oh well.. gotta love being the underdog right?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
Whiteness
Banned
 
Whiteness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 918
Whiteness has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteness
Save the smack talk for the Wizards and their fans. I believe they're going to be using it tonight. I predict a hellacious victory by the Wizards tonight. I just have that feeling. Teams like the Wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row. Hopefully Big Z will step up and the Cavs will play some serious ball.

Boy was I wrong... This is just disgusting... in a good way.

and most of those games you refer to, were fairly close games... coming down to the 4th... not like this at all
Whiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
CAAIDN
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 820
CAAIDN has decent reputationCAAIDN has decent reputation
Default Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

Congrats to you guys
CAAIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:45 PM   #8
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
InLebronWeTrust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 692
InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: Cavs/Wizards series thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
"Teams like the wizards don't usually give up 2 playoff games in a row."

Really??? I mean I'm not saying it couldn't happen. But they've actually lost their last seven games to the Cavs in the post season I believe. How's it smack?? I'm just saying I hate him. He wants everyone to have sympathy for this somber college story on why his number is 0. Who gives a sh it? Not me. And I'm actually glad him and Stevenson are calling LeBron out. It's gonna do the same thing that Bosh's girl did in Toronto.. it's gonna cost him. Plain in simple.

Cavaliers in 6.

Oh and by the way.. I don't care how bad Cleveland could possibly be, but how can analysts keep undermining this team? Any team with LeBron on it is dangerous, but yet I've yet to see an analyst even calling us winning. Oh well.. gotta love being the underdog right?

x 1000000


Whats up Arenas? I sure loved the ejection too btw.
44 points off our bench?!! Say what??
And Ben Wallace almost had 10 points?

Gotta love it baby!
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:11 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy