Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 04-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #331
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Round 1: #2 Pistons vs #7 Sixers

Very impressive win. I'm really pulling for them to pull of the upset. Not that I think it'll happen, but it's definitely possible. If you don't think so you didn't watch that game. They were getting a mess of offensive boards...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #332
icewill36
Local High School Star

icewill36 has decent reputation

pistons starting the choking a little early this year aren't they ??
icewill36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:23 AM   #333
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What was even more impressive in my opinion was the fact that the Sixers were getting no calls from the refs. They were getting hacked like crazy and I understand their roster is full of young players but give them a break. I know the Pistons play physical and are a veteran team but it was unfair.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:11 AM   #334
nashisbest

it's just one game. look at denver last year.

i'm not expecting an upset from this series. pistons may be the complacent little b**tards (esp. sheed) but this is TOO much of an upset to handle

i didn't watch the game, but that's what i think
Old 04-21-2008, 08:07 AM   #335
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
What was even more impressive in my opinion was the fact that the Sixers were getting no calls from the refs. They were getting hacked like crazy and I understand their roster is full of young players but give them a break. I know the Pistons play physical and are a veteran team but it was unfair.
What I was thinking, but any way I think I got an avatar bet on this series with someone. I think the Sixers can pull the upset. If Iggy starts driving more and knock down his freethrows they can "shock the world". Reggie Evans played great.

Sheed was a beast, but I still can't believe Billups missed three freethrows. It was almost like he wanted the Sixers to win.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #336
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

I know this is just one game but Detroit is not the same team anymore. I mean they lost to the Cavs last year They act like they're too good to give a little effort against the inferior teams. If they can lose to the Cavs, they can lose to the Sixers. I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #337
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaoyut
THe winner is pretty obvious

Maybe for the entire series, but not for Game 1!

Not that the 76ers played excellent basketball, more like the Pistons underperforming. Not taking anything away from Philly, a win is a win, just don't expect to see Detroit fold like this again in the 2nd half.

Iguodala is a beast, and even though he had an off night (4-15), he made up with his rebounding, 80% from the line and eight assists! Hell, Miller only had what about five?

Maybe this was just a warm-up game for Detroit.

Expect Rip and Chauncey to have better play in Game 2. Oh, and Prince was non-existence on both ends of the floor, a rare occurrence. I still expect the Pistons to win in 5 or 6 games.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #338
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
I know this is just one game but Detroit is not the same team anymore. I mean they lost to the Cavs last year They act like they're too good to give a little effort against the inferior teams. If they can lose to the Cavs, they can lose to the Sixers. I wouldn't be surprised to see an upset.

Detroit lost to Cleveland last year because Cleveland was good last year, just like they're good this year. I'll admit, I expected the Pistons to advance to the Finals last year, but I don't discredit the Cavs for beating them.

Yes, Detroit underperformed in Game 1, but don't be so quick to write them off in this series. Yes, they were being lazy in the second half. Maybe they're not as motivated as they once were! Flip needs to give them a good kicking in the butt! Too bad his team pretty much runs over him...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:43 AM   #339
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Flip needs to give them a good kicking in the butt! Too bad his team pretty much runs over him...

Yeah this team needs a PUSH…

Either way, the Pistons will not survive beyond the ECF
This one game will become two games then it will be four games in one series…

It gets frustrating seeing this team with high potential fail EVERY playoffs… Boston did what hungry teams do… they play their first playoff game strong and set the tone and send a message…

The Pistons are playing like it was 2003…

Right now, All I care is that they win game 2 because I spent money to be in attendence. Pistons might win this series, but they will loose before they can make it to the finals.

Congrats to the Celtics! At least my father will be happy. He is still bummed about the super bowl… My father been down on the C's since the death of Bias I was hoping to face the Celtics in the ECF so my father could enjoy the game. Not sure its gonna happen
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:51 AM   #340
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

I was pretty disappointed with Igoudala. I just kept thinking to myself, "this guy is the future of the 76rs? Bummer for them."

On to the game itself...pretty much garbage. Down the stretch the Sixers were trying to give the game away to Detroit, but the Pistons were so terrible themselves that the sixers won despite themselves.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:03 AM   #341
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I was pretty disappointed with Igoudala. I just kept thinking to myself, "this guy is the future of the 76rs? Bummer for them."

On to the game itself...pretty much garbage. Down the stretch the Sixers were trying to give the game away to Detroit, but the Pistons were so terrible themselves that the sixers won despite themselves.

You're right about this game - it was the Pistons underperformance that kept them from winning, and allowed the Sixers to snatch a win at the Palace. You're wrong about Iguodala. He's going to be a great player in this league. The unfortunate part is that Andre Miller will not do him justice.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:52 AM   #342
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower

Iggy is a great player but he's reluctant on Offensive and he's unselfish to a flaw. Tonight it worked in his favor because he shot was off but he made up for it in plenty of other areas.

IMO IGGY right now is the most ideal number 2 option in the NBA because he literally can do it all at a very high level and he doesn't force anything
You can plug him on virtually any team and the get better dramatically because of his versitality. He's just under that elite level.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #343
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great teams that consistently win titles or make long postseason runs have a coach in place that the team fears/respects. Flip isn't that guy. What can he offer to a veteran team that won a title w/o him? What sort of credentials does he have? Nice guy and a decent coach, but those guys aren't listening to him. Never have, and never will. They coach themselves out there on the court.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 PM   #344
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Great teams that consistently win titles or make long postseason runs have a coach in place that the team fears/respects. Flip isn't that guy. What can he offer to a veteran team that won a title w/o him? What sort of credentials does he have? Nice guy and a decent coach, but those guys aren't listening to him. Never have, and never will. They coach themselves out there on the court.

Thats not true

If fact coaches that can check their team like that are rare.

Most of the time there's a team leader everyone has mutual respect for and its that player that reinforces what the coach is trying to teach and convey to the team. The Pistons never had that and still don't Larry was only able to get in everyone face because their was no real franchise player on team. There were no ego's. So I do agree a coach whose also a discipline type would work wonders for the pistons. But thats not how all great teams are built. Heck Phil Jackson doesn't say sht to his players unless he's dissin Kwame Brown. He lets his teamleaders play threw it and find a way.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #345
Legend of Josh
Banned

We can at least all agree Flip is not the type of coach to get in the face of his players. He's intimidated of his players, and always has been that type of coach. Great basketball mind, and does a good job at playing the diplomatic role every coach should play at times, but also, a coach's responsibility is to keep order within the team, both on and off the court. Rasheed has a technical foul... do you think Flip is going to get in his face? Hell no.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: