Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 04-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #346
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Round 1: #2 Pistons vs #7 Sixers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
I was pretty disappointed with Igoudala. I just kept thinking to myself, "this guy is the future of the 76rs? Bummer for them."

On to the game itself...pretty much garbage. Down the stretch the Sixers were trying to give the game away to Detroit, but the Pistons were so terrible themselves that the sixers won despite themselves.
iguodala is only PART of the sixers future. Iguodala(24 years old),thaddeus young(19 years old,2nd youngest in the league behind durant),and lou williams(21 years old) will be the future of the sixers,with no true #1 emerging from that group,but i dont think thats a problem.also...
rodney carney...24 years old
jason smith...22 years old
samuel dalembert...26 years old
reggie evans...27 years old
this team is set for the future.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:40 PM   #347
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic R
Yeah this team needs a PUSH…
Hire ISIAH!
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:47 PM   #348
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
Hire ISIAH!

Very impressed with the Sixers yesterday. Still pissed at that Phantom call on Lou Williams though...He never even touched Chauncey! Anyway, All Philly has to do now is win their home games; I don't think they'll be as pressured to win game 2 @ the Palace.

People, we could see another GSW/DAL series in the making!
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #349
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarloStanfield
What was even more impressive in my opinion was the fact that the Sixers were getting no calls from the refs. They were getting hacked like crazy and I understand their roster is full of young players but give them a break. I know the Pistons play physical and are a veteran team but it was unfair.
i agree, the pistons were hackin all night. check caunceys nails, hes prolly got 3 pounds of iguodalas skin under evry one of them.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:14 PM   #350
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Willie Beamon errr Green had a nice night. 7-11 17pts, if he had a bad shooting night the Sixers would have lost. Believe that!

Elton Brand I hope you're watching. Sixers add you? Uh oh!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #351
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Willie Beamon errr Green had a nice night. 7-11 17pts, if he had a bad shooting night the Sixers would have lost. Believe that!

Elton Brand I hope you're watching. Sixers add you? Uh oh!
Elton Brand is most likely staying in LA; he's came out, and said that publicly. But Philly is just one FA signing away from being really good. There's tons of players in the FA pool this summer. All they need to do is sign a legit big man.

EDIT: Maybe they look at JO? Or Maggette...

Last edited by NY Comeback : 04-21-2008 at 02:24 PM.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:30 PM   #352
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Comeback
Elton Brand is most likely staying in LA; he's came out, and said that publicly. But Philly is just one FA signing away from being really good. There's tons of players in the FA pool this summer. All they need to do is sign a legit big man.

EDIT: Maybe they look at JO? Or Maggette...

Players change thier minds. Teams change thier thoughts on players. So I'm not gonna rule Elton Brand out. I do know he wont opt out and coming off a year being injured I wouldnt either. He can ball hard then get a sweet deal in 09. But Sixers got $10mil for teams lookin to clear some cap space.

JO? No thanks, he is due to make damn near $40mil over the next 2 seasons. With his injuries you dont know when he will go down hurt. He also doesnt play enough in the post for my satisfaction. He has his moments where he feels he has handles to take his man off the dribble and score like D.Wade, or pull up like Rip. You're 6'10 with nice footwork in the post, get down there...call for it and score. Solid rebounder/defensive player tho, that would be nice next to Sammy D. Just risky. Sixers might be better off without him.

C.Maggette? Eh, no thanks. Contract year, buyer beware.

Not much in free agents. One name is Twan Jamison. Unrestricted.

We'll see, Sixers might not need to blow thier money this offseason. Wait for next 09 offseason.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:34 PM   #353
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Players change thier minds. Teams change thier thoughts on players. So I'm not gonna rule Elton Brand out. I do know he wont opt out and coming off a year being injured I wouldnt either. He can ball hard then get a sweet deal in 09. But Sixers got $10mil for teams lookin to clear some cap space.

JO? No thanks, he is due to make damn near $40mil over the next 2 seasons. With his injuries you dont know when he will go down hurt. He also doesnt play enough in the post for my satisfaction. He has his moments where he feels he has handles to take his man off the dribble and score like D.Wade, or pull up like Rip. You're 6'10 with nice footwork in the post, get down there...call for it and score. Solid rebounder/defensive player tho, that would be nice next to Sammy D. Just risky. Sixers might be better off without him.

C.Maggette? Eh, no thanks. Contract year, buyer beware.

Not much in free agents. One name is Twan Jamison. Unrestricted.

We'll see, Sixers might not need to blow thier money this offseason. Wait for next 09 offseason.
i think a sign and trade is the most likely option. they can use their 10 mil and their first round pick in there with another player(willie green possibly?i know the sixers will want Young in the starting lineup and this is the only way).they dont really need the pick either. it'll be in the 16-17 range i believe and theres not much they can get there.plus the last thing they really need is to get younger.hopefully they can find some1 good at pf though
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #354
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
We all know the Pistons are going to win, but im rooting for Phili. They are one of the most underrated teams in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
Phili won as i expected. BTW im glad phili won because they're a young team thats underrated. PARTY IN PHILI!!!

RASHEED AND TAYSHAUN CHOKED!!!!!!!!
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:55 PM   #355
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice catch, that guy was being a total D-Bag last night.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #356
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Pistons' Wallace takes blame for Game 1 loss

by A. Sherrod Blakely Sunday April 20, 2008, 10:38 PM

AP PhotoDetroit's Rasheed Wallace led all
scorers with 24 points, but he and the rest
of the Pistons couldn't make the big plays
down the stretch against the Sixers on Sunday.

AUBURN HILLS -- Rasheed Wallace can score.
Everybody knows that.

Often his ability to knock down shots with such ease, overshadows a player who is among the league's best at his position defensively.

Wallace showcased his ability to dominate at both ends of the floor Sunday, but it still wasn't enough as the Pistons dropped their playoff opener, 90-86, to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Detroit will be looking to even up the series in Game 2 on Wednesday.
Wallace had a chance to tie the score late in the fourth quarter, but his short bank shot was off the mark.

Although he led all scorers with 24 points, it was that last missed shot that Wallace remembers most.

"That last bunny (shot) I missed, that was a bucket I should have made," he said. "So, that's why I'm definitely going to take this one on the chin."

In addition to scoring, Wallace was a dominate presence defensively as well. He had seven blocked shots, which tied the franchise record for blocks in a playoff game. There was a 44-second sequence at the end of the second quarter in which Wallace blocked Andre Iguodala's shot three times.

And while Wallace's teammates praised his play for keeping them in the game when so many others struggled, he wasn't trying to hear it.

"This is on me," he said. "I missed some shots, and I missed some bunnies. There are no excuses. I got this one; I will put it on me."

He played too good to take the blame. Chauncey should be the one apologizing.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #357
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Rasheed apologizing? You don't see that often. I somewhat cringed seeing Rasheed take those ill advised shots.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:57 PM   #358
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

What ill-advised shots were those? Did you watch the game?
Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #359
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
What ill-advised shots were those? Did you watch the game?

Checkmate!
Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #360
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Both teams played hard.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: