Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 3,987
Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool
Default Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

On sportscenter they said Scott Skiles met with Bucks officials about head coaching job. The Bucks GM was quoted saying he wants the Bucks to become a much "tougher" team. Put those two things together, and yea I'd say Skiles will be coach in less than 2 weeks.

That is gonna be crazy facing Skiles not even a year after he got fired. It kinda doesn't seem right..
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
On sportscenter they said Scott Skiles met with Bucks officials about head coaching job. The Bucks GM was quoted saying he wants the Bucks to become a much "tougher" team. Put those two things together, and yea I'd say Skiles will be coach in less than 2 weeks.

That is gonna be crazy facing Skiles not even a year after he got fired. It kinda doesn't seem right..

I know. Skiles should NOT have been replaced as head coach. That was another retarded mistake made by Paxson.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
On sportscenter they said Scott Skiles met with Bucks officials about head coaching job. The Bucks GM was quoted saying he wants the Bucks to become a much "tougher" team. Put those two things together, and yea I'd say Skiles will be coach in less than 2 weeks.

That is gonna be crazy facing Skiles not even a year after he got fired. It kinda doesn't seem right..

It doesn't seem right because it isn't. Skiles got fired because he told Paxson "the team wasn't good enough". Personally I thought Skiles was right. Scott Skiles was the backbone of this current team. If anything our team has been overachieving in the past years. Were a team built on Lotto picks, and no star. What team has ever won a championship that way? Any player that could make us betterwe trade away, and go on to other teams and become vets. Tyson Chandler, Lamarcus Aldridge, Tim Thomas, Elton Brand, J.R. smith, Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, Ron Artest, etc. Heck I'd rather have that team. From the looks of things Tyrus Thomas is next. There was nothing wrong with Skiles, it's the bulls bone head management thats keeping this team down.

Last edited by Ring#7 : 04-19-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 3,987
Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

I agree with you ring. For awhile after skiles was fired I thought it was for the better. Now im extremely unsure. I mean what coaching candidate that is out there can come in and fix this ****ing mess???? Ben Wallace had a lot to do with destroying the Bulls, as did Kobe Bryant screwing the Bulls because he is a selfish ignorant bia, and Deng and Gordon not signing the contracts. Add that all up and that is the Death of Scott Skiles. Oh yeah and Hinrich taking 1000 steps backwards. Sometimes I don't know about anything anymore.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:38 PM   #5
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I agree with you ring. For awhile after skiles was fired I thought it was for the better. Now im extremely unsure. I mean what coaching candidate that is out there can come in and fix this ****ing mess???? Ben Wallace had a lot to do with destroying the Bulls, as did Kobe Bryant screwing the Bulls because he is a selfish ignorant bia, and Deng and Gordon not signing the contracts. Add that all up and that is the Death of Scott Skiles. Oh yeah and Hinrich taking 1000 steps backwards. Sometimes I don't know about anything anymore.

As horrid as this season was, the future of the team is still bright. We have alot of talented players on this team, but as I said before, there's no leadership. Alot of people thought Wallace would be that leader, but turns out he could give a rats a$$ about being a leader. People thought Hinrich was the leader, but he's too much off a Pu$$y. People even thought Gordan could be the leader, but how can you be a leader when your still on the bench. And finally people thought it was Skiles, and those who thought that was right. I believe if we'd a kept him around we still woud've had a chance to turn the season around. But the end result is no coaching, and Boylan doesn't count.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Skiles made this team bust their asses off to play hard. I can't believe Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon and Deng "gave up" on him. It just doesn't make any sense to remove a head coach who took a team full of mostly rookies to the playoffs their first season playing together.

I mean honestly, after 2003/2004 there were only 3 players that came back the following season (Chandler, Curry, Hinrich). The rest were new players or all rookies. It would be hard enough to take a team with completely new players to the playoffs but to take a team with new players AND most of them being only rookies to the playoffs is really good.

It's Paxson's fault that he made some real stupid decisions. Not giving up Deng, draft picks and another player for Kevin Garnett in 2006, signing Ben Wallace and trading Tyson Chandler and giving up LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas. Oh and then after trading Tyson Chandler he gives up JR Smith for almost nothing.

I don't know about you guys but I'd really like to see JR Smith in a Bulls jersey right now. He would have easily been their best guard and given them size AND scoring.

2006/2007 really could have been...

Kirk Hinrich
JR Smith
Luol Deng
LaMarcus Aldridge
Ben Wallace
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Skiles made this team bust their asses off to play hard. I can't believe Hinrich, Gordon, Duhon and Deng "gave up" on him. It just doesn't make any sense to remove a head coach who took a team full of mostly rookies to the playoffs their first season playing together.

I mean honestly, after 2003/2004 there were only 3 players that came back the following season (Chandler, Curry, Hinrich). The rest were new players or all rookies. It would be hard enough to take a team with completely new players to the playoffs but to take a team with new players AND most of them being only rookies to the playoffs is really good.

It's Paxson's fault that he made some real stupid decisions. Not giving up Deng, draft picks and another player for Kevin Garnett in 2006, signing Ben Wallace and trading Tyson Chandler and giving up LaMarcus Aldridge for Tyrus Thomas. Oh and then after trading Tyson Chandler he gives up JR Smith for almost nothing.

I don't know about you guys but I'd really like to see JR Smith in a Bulls jersey right now. He would have easily been their best guard and given them size AND scoring.

2006/2007 really could have been...

Kirk Hinrich
JR Smith
Luol Deng
LaMarcus Aldridge
Ben Wallace

Couldn't have said it better myself. I just hope Tyrus pans out, if he isn't dealt.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:58 PM   #8
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

1) Skiles is the absolute worst coach in the league in terms of developing young players. Even worse than Larry Brown. Not one young player on the Bulls have truly progressed. Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Thomas, etc. None of them are really that much better than they were as rookies.

2) Skiles ignores interior offense. And you need offensive balance to compete for championships. Skilesball is jumpshot-ball. That crap doesn't win big in the NBA.

3) Plenty of coaches can come in and get the Bulls to win again. All it takes is having a staff that can actually communicate with players. You weren't going to get that out of mini-Bob Knight.

Honestly, I hope that the Bucks hire Skiles. He's not that great of a coach.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #9
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
1) Skiles is the absolute worst coach in the league in terms of developing young players. Even worse than Larry Brown. Not one young player on the Bulls have truly progressed. Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Thomas, etc. None of them are really that much better than they were as rookies.

2) Skiles ignores interior offense. And you need offensive balance to compete for championships. Skilesball is jumpshot-ball. That crap doesn't win big in the NBA.

3) Plenty of coaches can come in and get the Bulls to win again. All it takes is having a staff that can actually communicate with players. You weren't going to get that out of mini-Bob Knight.

Honestly, I hope that the Bucks hire Skiles. He's not that great of a coach.

I agree with you also. I'm not praising Skiles or nothing, it's been time for another coach. But if you start the season with your coach, you need to finish it. Paxson should have gotten a new coach last offseason, but he decided to kick back instead. Thats all he did was sign Joe Smith, resign Noc, and draft Noah. With all the opportunitys he had to improve this team he tried to take the easy road. So we entered the season unchanged with the same problems weve had since 2004. Same overbaring coach, No offensive low post presence, too much perimeter, and no star player. How long did you think teams were gonna let us slide. It's 2008 past time to make moves.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:16 AM   #10
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Even with those problems the East (with the exception of a few teams) still basically sucks a load of ass. There's just no excuse to not make the playoffs this year. And the coaches alienating the players with the Wallace garbage has a lot to do with that.

I just can't say too many positive things about Skiles. He's not that great of a coach.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:17 AM   #11
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Everyone say it with me on 3............
1, 2, 3, SKILES SUCKS
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
1) Skiles is the absolute worst coach in the league in terms of developing young players. Even worse than Larry Brown. Not one young player on the Bulls have truly progressed. Hinrich, Deng, Gordon, Thomas, etc. None of them are really that much better than they were as rookies.

2) Skiles ignores interior offense. And you need offensive balance to compete for championships. Skilesball is jumpshot-ball. That crap doesn't win big in the NBA.

3) Plenty of coaches can come in and get the Bulls to win again. All it takes is having a staff that can actually communicate with players. You weren't going to get that out of mini-Bob Knight.

Honestly, I hope that the Bucks hire Skiles. He's not that great of a coach.

He's not the worst coach at developing younger players. Deng, Gordon and especially Hinrich developed just fine under Skiles. Do you really think Hinrich would have had the seasons he had from 2004-2007 under Bill Cartwright? I agree that all of the Bulls players sucked ass this season but the blame should not be put on Skiles. Gordon, Deng, Hinrich and the rest of them played just fine under Skiles the previous 3 seasons. Blame the actual players themselves... NOT Scott Skiles. The only player who really hasn't developed well under Skiles and especially under Boylan is Tyrus Thomas.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #13
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
He's not the worst coach at developing younger players. Deng, Gordon and especially Hinrich developed just fine under Skiles. Do you really think Hinrich would have had the seasons he had from 2004-2007 under Bill Cartwright? I agree that all of the Bulls players sucked ass this season but the blame should not be put on Skiles. Gordon, Deng, Hinrich and the rest of them played just fine under Skiles the previous 3 seasons. Blame the actual players themselves... NOT Scott Skiles. The only player who really hasn't developed well under Skiles and especially under Boylan is Tyrus Thomas.

I dont think he's the worst coach in terms of developing young players. I'm just saying he still sucks. Now say it with me on 3. 1 2 3 SKILES SUCKS lol.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #14
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man
 
DwadeOverLebron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Windy City
Posts: 784
DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

LOL haha watch skiles turn michael redd and charlie V into allstars, i hope we can get charlie V, i can't stand yi and i think charlie V's potential is through the roof given oppurtunity, should be very interesting and entertaining can't wait
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:41 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Scott Skiles most likely to be Bucks Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
LOL haha watch skiles turn michael redd and charlie V into allstars, i hope we can get charlie V, i can't stand yi and i think charlie V's potential is through the roof given oppurtunity, should be very interesting and entertaining can't wait

Seriously, I think skiles is gonna hold it down in Milwaukee. He did an excelent job with this team. I think this season he just got tired of babysitting and wanted out.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:24 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy