Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-27-2008, 01:59 PM   #31
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Who Gets Traded???

Any thoughts of picking up Andre Miller???
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 02:04 PM   #32
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would take him if the price is right (by price I mean who we trade, not necessarily his salary, but that's important too). The problem is, he is 32. He could help the Blazer in the next two years, but we'll need to have a replacement in mind for all the years after that.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:59 AM   #33
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Unlike Nash, I think Miller would be a good fit in Portland. I always wanted him here when he played for the Clippers and the Cavaliers. He is 32 but I think if Portland picked up a point guard like Collison in the draft, then I think Miller would really help his progression into the NBA. People were saying two years ago that he was past his prime and now he's a MVP canidate because of what he did in Philadelphia.

I wouldn't be against it and isn't he a free agent? I doubt Portland would take him for anything over 5-6 million though and I doubt he'll take that after the season he just had.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:10 PM   #34
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think I heard Collison isn't declaring. Not positive though.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:52 PM   #35
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Well none-the-less he can still help Brandon, Steve and Jarrett if Jack is still around.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:06 PM   #36
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

what would you guys want for Frye? Maybe Harrison and Shawne Williams?
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:08 PM   #37
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Granger duh!

LOL

How about

Channing Frye
Martell Webster
Jarrett Jack

For

Danny Granger
Jamaal Tinsley
Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #38
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Granger duh!

LOL

How about

Channing Frye
Martell Webster
Jarrett Jack

For

Danny Granger
Jamaal Tinsley

Are you serious? Why would we need Danny Granger that much?
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #39
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL

Isn't granger a good defending SF that can also score? I wouldn't mind that trade.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #40
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Granger duh!

LOL

How about

Channing Frye
Martell Webster
Jarrett Jack

For

Danny Granger
Jamaal Tinsley
There is absolutely no way Granger would leave Indy with those type of players coming in. Pacers are too high on Granger, and we can see why.

What are your thoughts on Frye for Williams and Harrison?
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:31 PM   #41
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
There is absolutely no way Granger would leave Indy with those type of players coming in. Pacers are too high on Granger, and we can see why.

What are your thoughts on Frye for Williams and Harrison?

I agree the Pacers would not want to trade Granger for them. I in no way care for either Williams or Harrison either. Especially with Harrison's crazy a$$. So no Frye for those guys. In fact, we want to trade multiple players for an upgrade in a single player (such as two decent guys for one good guy) rather than vice versa.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #42
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

Quote:
Unlike Nash, I think Miller would be a good fit in Portland. I always wanted him here when he played for the Clippers and the Cavaliers. He is 32 but I think if Portland picked up a point guard like Collison in the draft, then I think Miller would really help his progression into the NBA. People were saying two years ago that he was past his prime and now he's a MVP canidate because of what he did in Philadelphia.

I didnt know Miller was in the MVP race? Pretty sure hes not gonna win it.

Miller is already slumping, he has a few years at mos until he is completely washed up.

And 76ers wont be trading him anyways.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:16 PM   #43
kashelton
Can barely lace up my sneakers

kashelton has an OK reputation so far

I would love to see a deal where we trade the lottery pick, Sergo Rodriguez, & Travis Outlaw to Toronto for Jose Calderon. I think Toronto would have to take that deal.

But if you did that, you would need to get another wing. Maybe a Jarrett Jack to Indiana for Shawne Williams.
kashelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM   #44
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL

Dude, Danny Granger is like the Brandon Roy of young SFs. The only reason that not many people know about him is because he plays for the Pacers in the East and Jermaine O' Neal and even Dunleavy get recognition before he does.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 PM   #45
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashelton
I would love to see a deal where we trade the lottery pick, Sergo Rodriguez, & Travis Outlaw to Toronto for Jose Calderon. I think Toronto would have to take that deal.

But if you did that, you would need to get another wing. Maybe a Jarrett Jack to Indiana for Shawne Williams.

I would NOT do that trade - Jose Calderon is a good player, I agree, but...NO!!!
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: