Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Default Realistic Trades

Whats up everyone, I'm Ring7. I've heard a lot trade discussions going around lately but most of them are highly unlikely. Guys like Gilbert Arenas and Baron davis may stick with there teams, and if they do become available, dont think for a second the bulls are paying top dollar. Your crazy if you think Indiana would deal Jermain Oneal to a division rival without trying to gut the roster, and Michel Redd is just too expensive for a taller Ben gordan.
With that being said: Elton Brand, Richard Jefferson, Corey Meggette, and Andre Miller are the most likely canadits, with Richard Jefferson Being at the top of my list. I think he could be obtained for either a S&T of Deng, and the pick, and a filler, or Nocioni and Drew gooden. He brings star power, leadership, and he fits perfectly in Paxsons system. In fact Paxson has even inquired about him in the past. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Ring#7 : 04-19-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Default Re: Realistic Trades

Deng, a pick, and a filler for Jefferson? No thanks. Luol Deng is 4 years younger, and a better all around player. Jefferson has a better inside game - but Luol is a more consistant shooter. Jefferson isn't worth that. If Pax wasn't going to give up Lou for some All-Star type players. No way is Jefferson going to get him.

I still think this team needs a big man who we can throw the ball to and have him take pressure off of the guards on the outside.

Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes - get rid of them both if possible. We have a solid first round draft pick that we can use to get a guard. Chris Douglas Roberts comes to mind. 6'7" and can do everything. Better shooter than you'd expect, and then we have Thabo. There is also Eric Gordon, most likely wouldn't be there, but he could easily fall - only thing is - he seems to be a lot like Ben Gordon. Then Chase Budinger, but I think he has already peaked and while he has a strong basketball IQ and solid all around skills - he doesn't have much room to improve on anything, I think his limit has been reached.

As for the trade using Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes and whoever...

Ben makes 4.8 million and is due for a new deal - something around 10 is what he is going to get.
Hughes makes 12 million.
Tyrus Thomas is around 3.5 million

Ben and Tyrus both young talents, and Hughes while is over paid could be used to get the salaries to match for the All-Star type of player, 3 players with around 25.5 million. And since everyone seems to want JO, here we go.

Send all 3 of those players to the Pacers...and future draft picks.
Recieve JO and Rush.

Hinrich/Duhon
Thabo/CDR
Deng/Nocioni
JO/Gooden
Noah/Gray
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Deng, a pick, and a filler for Jefferson? No thanks. Luol Deng is 4 years younger, and a better all around player. Jefferson has a better inside game - but Luol is a more consistant shooter. Jefferson isn't worth that. If Pax wasn't going to give up Lou for some All-Star type players. No way is Jefferson going to get him.

I still think this team needs a big man who we can throw the ball to and have him take pressure off of the guards on the outside.

Ben Gordon and Larry Hughes - get rid of them both if possible. We have a solid first round draft pick that we can use to get a guard. Chris Douglas Roberts comes to mind. 6'7" and can do everything. Better shooter than you'd expect, and then we have Thabo. There is also Eric Gordon, most likely wouldn't be there, but he could easily fall - only thing is - he seems to be a lot like Ben Gordon. Then Chase Budinger, but I think he has already peaked and while he has a strong basketball IQ and solid all around skills - he doesn't have much room to improve on anything, I think his limit has been reached.

As for the trade using Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes and whoever...

Ben makes 4.8 million and is due for a new deal - something around 10 is what he is going to get.
Hughes makes 12 million.
Tyrus Thomas is around 3.5 million

Ben and Tyrus both young talents, and Hughes while is over paid could be used to get the salaries to match for the All-Star type of player, 3 players with around 25.5 million. And since everyone seems to want JO, here we go.

Send all 3 of those players to the Pacers...and future draft picks.
Recieve JO and Rush.

Hinrich/Duhon
Thabo/CDR
Deng/Nocioni
JO/Gooden
Noah/Gray

You touch on alot of nice points, and most of which I agree with. Maybe my asking price was a bit high, but you have to factor in all the other teams looking for deals and what their offering. Deng may potentially turn out to be a be a solid all around player, but lacks the heart to be a star in this league. thats the point I'm getting at. We need a star. I know Deng has been dealing with alot of nagging injuries, and has been heavily distracted by the Media every since he turned down his extension, and was thrown in several trade debates with superstars such as Kobe Bryant, and Pau Gasol. But then again every player in the league has too go threw this phase, and instead of steppin up to the challenge when his team needed him the most, he just wussed out. In my opinion he's the teams biggest disappointment. He wasn't all that bad of a player, he just wasn't great. I wouldnt mind having Jermain Oneal on the team neither, but don't think indiana is just going to give him away for a lack luster draft pick, an overpaid role player, and an over rated midget. They would be trading there best player away for a bunch of inconsistency. They'll demand Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, Noah, and the pick.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #4
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

44,52,69,42. Numbers of games played by Jermaine O'Neal that last four seasons. I wouldnt even trade BG, Hughes, and Tyrus and future picks for JO based on how injury prone he has become. And Ring there is no way on Earth that Indiana would ask for Noah, Noc, Tyrus, and our pick, let alone anyone even consider that trade in Chi-city. I would do either of those trades if it was the JO of 4-6 years ago. I know the Bulls need a strong offensive player in the post, but there is no need to damage our team anymore by trading away TONS of young talent for JO who can't stay healthy and could potentially burn us like BWALLACE.

Kaptain, I in most all cases wouldn't trade Deng and whoever for RJeff and whoever, but at this point in time, Jefferson is better than Luol Deng. Deng COULD become a better all around player, but he isn't yet. RJeff scored 30+ 12 times, and scored in the high 20's 20+ times. Deng grabs 2.5 more boards and shoots barely better %'s. Plus RJeff plays on, in my opinion, a more offensively challenged team than chicago, atleast after Kidd was traded. **** Vince Carter is half the man he used to be as well. Deng wishes he knew how to get to line like RJeff.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:20 PM   #5
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
44,52,69,42. Numbers of games played by Jermaine O'Neal that last four seasons. I wouldnt even trade BG, Hughes, and Tyrus and future picks for JO based on how injury prone he has become. And Ring there is no way on Earth that Indiana would ask for Noah, Noc, Tyrus, and our pick, let alone anyone even consider that trade in Chi-city. I would do either of those trades if it was the JO of 4-6 years ago. I know the Bulls need a strong offensive player in the post, but there is no need to damage our team anymore by trading away TONS of young talent for JO who can't stay healthy and could potentially burn us like BWALLACE.

Kaptain, I in most all cases wouldn't trade Deng and whoever for RJeff and whoever, but at this point in time, Jefferson is better than Luol Deng. Deng COULD become a better all around player, but he isn't yet. RJeff scored 30+ 12 times, and scored in the high 20's 20+ times. Deng grabs 2.5 more boards and shoots barely better %'s. Plus RJeff plays on, in my opinion, a more offensively challenged team than chicago, atleast after Kidd was traded. **** Vince Carter is half the man he used to be as well. Deng wishes he knew how to get to line like RJeff.

No no no and no. You misunderstood me. Of course I wouldn't trade the teams future away high milage JO. I was only implying what Indiana might want for him. History has shown us that superstar bigmen has the most value in the NBA. Every offseason these teams have crazy demands for them. Not every team gives them up for nothing, unless there idiots.( Memphis anyone?) look at the deal paxson was going to give for Gasol. JO is no different. I like Deng too, maybe he could learn to play sg. Either way i still think Jefferson should be one of our primary offseason targets, along with Brand and Miller.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:07 PM   #6
Dengness9

I hear you Ring.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:18 PM   #7
MaCC2MuCh
dont blink or i get by

i like jefferson also but the problem is that he and the bulls have a not-so-great relationship.....u know he commented on the bulls this season and basically put all the starters down for a bad year......so i dont think anyone would even welcome him to the team.....but u never know......he is better than deng but deng is still very young although i dont know how much better he will become...he does lack the confidence to truly become a star at this point but the bulls lack a leader and with so many young guys on the team u need that one veteran guy whom the others can learn from....look at the lakers(bryant)...rockets(mcgrady)......clevland(le bron)....pretty much a veterna now....deng will get better even if his ceiling isnt as high anymore....
MaCC2MuCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 01:32 AM   #8
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

I would trade Hinrich straight up for TJ Ford

or if Memphis gets the number one pick and takes Rose.....I would trade Hinrich straight up for Conley
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:07 AM   #9
trig
Decent college freshman

chicago needs someone that can get to the line consistently. what makes rj a better scorer than deng is his ability to create his own shot, attack the rim and get fts. Magette is another player that can do that.

Magette was almost traded for Jason Terry last season. Maybe the clips would agree on taking gordon+others for Magette. hughes and thabo can play backup to both guard positions. Hughes can also be use as a trade bait since he has a giant but short contract.

But of course, the ideal trade would be to get a superstar(arenas, brand). I really dont consider JO a superstar but since he has I think 2yrs remaining, its worth a shot
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:09 AM   #10
Dengness9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan

or if Memphis gets the number one pick and takes Rose.....I would trade Hinrich straight up for Conley

Trading for Conley could be a good move, but for TJ Ford?!?!?!? Ford's injured his spine twice and is way too inconsistent
Old 04-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #11
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Realistic Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan

If Memphis gets the #1 pick, I would expect them to take Beasley, but let's say they take Rose. Conley only makes $3 million or so this year, so they would have to throw in another player or two to match salaries. Who else would they trade that would still make it fair in their eyes? Do they even need a PG back? Juan Carlos Navarro played very well this year, and Kyle Lowry is a very good backup. No sense in trading away a young guy with a lot of upside for a slight upgrade at a position you don't need help at. I wouldn't mind trading for any of three guards.

However, Conley and Ford are the type of PG that the Bulls need: quick and very good passers. Ford is more of a chucker, whereas Conley is pass-first, but they could both help the Bulls out. Dengness is right though, because Ford could land wrong and be done for his career in a flash. That's a lot of risk, and considering we didn't want to play Curry with his heart condition, I doubt they would take a shot with Ford.

I wish there was some way we could have traded for Devin Harris. I loved him when he was at Wisconsin, and we definitely could have offered a better package than Jason Kidd (who is not helping them BTW). He is quick, not a chucker, will get his 7-8 assists/game, and plays great defense.

I'm just going to throw out a few other names of PGs that would be great in a Bulls uniform (that we might have a chance of getting...I know Chris Paul would be great):

Baron Davis - would kill the cap, but he would be perfect
Brevin Knight - only 32, so he still has some gas left, and would bring a good veteran presence to the team
Leandro Barbosa - quick, and has learned from one of the best

Paxson could surprise everyone and make a trade for Knight or Barbosa, or sign Davis. I would offer Cedric Simmons for Knight or Nocioni for Barbosa. I think either of those trades would work for both parties.

Simmons to the Clippers - Brand will probably leave this offseason. If he doesn't, no deal, but if he is gone, they will want to shore up the PF position, and Simmons was a 1st round pick two years ago.

Nocioni to the Suns - Noc can hit three pointers, run the floor, and would give them some added toughness on the defensive end. Granted, they lose their backup PG, which is important in Phoenix, but DJ Strawberry has played well, and they can draft a backup if he isn't ready.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

bulls fan20, i like those ideas you got.....its realistic.......

as far as i know, barbosa signed like a 5 year contract or something for cheap so the suns got a really good deal........i do like the idea of offering nocioni for him.....the suns might consider it, they might not....

its kinda hard for me to say who i want for the bulls and whos gonna stay cause there's too many guards on the team and not sure bout the status on each of them since they're all tradeable.....

1. kirk hinrich
2. ben gordon
3. larry hughes
4. thabo sefolosha
5. chris duhon

i wouldn't mind a backcourt of hinrich and barbosa or hinrich and maggette....

another player that i wouldn't mind having is actually NENAD KRSTIC....i think he would be a good center for the bulls.......he was pretty good before he got injured and then i think the rookie was playing well that when krstic came back he wasn't getting a lot of playing time.........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #13
Dengness9

Hey bro, Nenad Krstic has been EXTREMELY injury prone, having 2 major knee surgeries twice in his young NBA career. Going after him isn't worth it to me. Besides Noah will be starting center for a long time. I would take Joakim over Nenad 10 out of 10 times.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:48 PM   #14
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

you're right.........i had a good feeling anyways that noah will be the starting center since he was playing really well after the wallace trade........reason i said that because i think krstic will be cheap considering he's coming back from an injury.....

we really don't have another big man that can score aside from gooden who i think might not even be with the bulls next season........so, i think in my opinion the bulls should consider getting another big man that can score and would be good off the bench........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups

I would do Barbosa for Nocioni in a heart beat. Thats very realistic. It works out for both teams. With Grant Hill slowing down, and Diaw regressing, phoenix just might do it. Those are the kind of deals we should be making. Fantastic proposal whoever bought it up. As for Kristic and TJ Ford, those are deals that could cause us more harm than good. I dont see Pax signing any injury proned players this offseason. I think its already been established that Gordan and Duhon are done. That leaves us with Thabo, Hinrich, Hughes, and I'm expecting one of them to be included in a trade. Barbosa can play pg and sg, and he would be an excellent fit for this team. Anyone have any other great trade proposals?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: