Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-23-2008, 04:18 PM   #16
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Realistic Trades

no matter how good or how bad the product, a good sales man can get it done and recieve better value in return no matter under what kind of circumstance.

with that being said, pax has to sell the hell out of who ever he's dealing with. hypothetically if miami gets the #1 overall pick, your dealing with riley who can be a very tough customer, but miami's glaring need is at pg/C and they can always use a shooter cuz they went down hill after they lost kapono, i don't want to give any of my bigs away, and this years bigs are actually a very good class, so what about this scenerio? trade hinrich, and gordon OR hughs, and the #9 pick, for the #1 overall pick (miami's gonna need to throw in a player to match contracts but im not about to go look into that), and we draft rose.

bulls lineup
d. rose/duhon
hughs/thabo
deng/noc
gooden/tyrus
noah/gray

miami
hinrich
wade/gordon
marion
haslem
kevin love?/darell arthur?/etc....etc...

watchin deron, and paul killen it in the playoffs, and d rose just man handle everybody in the tourney makes me believe d rose can be that type of player. also hinrich is not known, but IS the D WADE STOPPER, ever since college he's been shuttin d wade DOWN! now there on the same team together, with a killer shoooter in gordon, i think this trade works both ways, and with the possibility of gettin brand, maggette, or even artest back to the bulls.

What do you guys think of this?
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #17
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Post Re: Realistic Trades

I don't think the Heat would have enough contracts to trade for Hinrich ($11 million) and Gordon (I'm guessing about $8-10 million). Mark Blount will make about $8 million (who made that mistake?), but nobody else would make the total high enough. They will not trade Wade or Marion and the pick, so I don't think this would be possible. Even if they could, the Heat are rebuilding. I doubt they would trade a potential franchise PG for Kirk, Gordon, and a decent big man draftee, especially since the only thing they are missing is a PG.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #18
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Somehow it seems only fitting that we deal with Miami. Its almost as if we're following them to hell.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #19
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

what if the bulls pull off a nocioni for barbosa and then hinrich for maggette........thats just assuming that both teams would go for the deal....then, we have a lineup of:

pg - barbosa
sg - maggette
sf - deng
pf - ?
c - noah

with no backup sf for deng.........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
what if the bulls pull off a nocioni for barbosa and then hinrich for maggette........thats just assuming that both teams would go for the deal....then, we have a lineup of:

pg - barbosa
sg - maggette
sf - deng
pf - ?
c - noah

with no backup sf for deng.........

We still have a draft pick, or we could go small. If Noah or Gray are in, we have the one tall person to man the paint, so Deng slides down to PF, Maggette would be the SF, then bring in Sefolosha or Hughes for SG. If Deng needs a rest, Sefolosha can also play SF. Just go real small like the Suns did. Deng is no Marion, but I'm sure he could handle it just fine if he wasn't asked to play shutdown defense. Barbosa is great on a running team, so he wouldn't have any problems.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #21
ILLEFEX

after reading what i just typed, i does make sense a lil bit....i mean, we just wish it would actually be possible as far as salary and paxson considering it....
like somebody said, the suns might consider nocini since grant hill is getting old and suns would love a shooting forward like andres........i like kirk a lot too, but if we have to trade somebody, i wish gordon and hughes would be the first names that comes up instead of kirk........maybe hughes or gordon for maggette.....might as well get rid of one of them cause i'm pretty sure they don't wanna take the backseat.......

a lineup of:

pg - hinrich
sg - barbosa
sf - maggette
pf - deng
c - noah

that looks good offensively, but we are gonna get outrebound......
we all know duhon is not coming back and thabo is gonna be with the bulls next season.....that leaves us with kirk, gordon, and hughes.....2 out of 3 will be gone, in my opinion.......if the clippers deal would happen tho, i think they would go for hinrich since they need a pg with livingston trying to comeback from an injury........

if it was really possible, i wouldn't mind a lineup of

barbosa, maggette, deng, ? , noah

if JO is totally good with his injury, maybe package thomas and hughes for him
then we have: barbosa, maggette, deng, o'neal, noah........seems unrealistic, but i think its possible thats too many players involve tho and i think paxson's head would start hurtin.........
Old 04-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #22
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

barbosa's a good player, but he's a very good player on the suns and there system, he's the best fit there, nocioni for barbosa is not a good trade, we're gettin a tweener sg, for a hard working in your face sf? doesn't make sense. which player u think has the most value amongst our gaurds? i would have to say hinrich, hughs, gordon and in that order also, sorry dude i know you love hinrich, but inorder to get value you gotta give it up, thats how we lost kobe, i think this draft class is very SOLID! through and through all the way to the mid 2nd round, kevin love a projected #10-12 pick? that should show you how talented this class is, only 2 eye popping superstars, 2 possible allstars, and 15 solid role players, i really like the trade that i posted up earlier if you know how to sell it right! hell if riley wants deng ill give up deng also, anyways we gotta figure out who our coach is first before we trade a player like barbosa
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #23
ILLEFEX

dwade, don't get me wrong man........i like that proposal you said earlier.......we're just giving out ideas on what a possible deal the bulls can do out there.....if the bulls can pull off getting the #1 pick, i would go for that........i wasn't about to write the same trade idea that you just mentioned........i love hinrich, but if you're gonna ask me who i would keep between the 3 guards, i would pick hughes reason being is that he sort of a combination of the 2, hinrich and gordon, who can play point, taller guard who can play defense, and can shoot.........so, i would pair him up in the backcourt with d rose any day.........thats only if miami is interested.......for sure miami would like that getting 2 guys that has value but i think riley would want more..........

but, if that happens, i'm all for it........
Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
barbosa's a good player, but he's a very good player on the suns and there system, he's the best fit there, nocioni for barbosa is not a good trade, we're gettin a tweener sg, for a hard working in your face sf?

If you can play PG for the Suns, you can play PG for any team in the league. That is probably the most demanding team for a PG, and he plays 30 minutes/game, doesn't turn the ball over much, and is a solid player. Shoots 47% from the field, 41% from 3-point land, and is very quick. He is exactly what the Bulls need. He can play point guard much better than Hinrich, and he would allow Kirk to slip into the 2 spot where he would be more comfortable. Remember when Gordon was out and Thabo was playing point? Kirk was scoring at will. We need someone like Barbosas to come in, move the ball around, cut through the lane, and make something happen. Plus, after 4 years of learning under Nash, he has the IQ to succeed as well. I think it's a great trade. Not sure if Phoenix fans would like it though.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #25
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
dwade, don't get me wrong man........i like that proposal you said earlier.......we're just giving out ideas on what a possible deal the bulls can do out there.....if the bulls can pull off getting the #1 pick, i would go for that........i wasn't about to write the same trade idea that you just mentioned........i love hinrich, but if you're gonna ask me who i would keep between the 3 guards, i would pick hughes reason being is that he sort of a combination of the 2, hinrich and gordon, who can play point, taller guard who can play defense, and can shoot.........so, i would pair him up in the backcourt with d rose any day.........thats only if miami is interested.......for sure miami would like that getting 2 guys that has value but i think riley would want more..........

but, if that happens, i'm all for it........

You bring up a very good point there. Hughes is sorta like a combo of Gordan and Hinrich. I dont think hughes is a bad player, he just gets paid more than what he's worth. But it may be cheaper just to keep him and let Gordan walk, and trade Hinrich. That may be what Pax had in mind. Were loaded at the 2g position so changes are inevitable. Personally I'd rather have Thabo, and Hughes over Gordan and Hinrich. Their they're just too much of a liabilty defensively and offensively. Pax may keep Hinrich anyway though. And Riley would search every possible trade available before giving up his pick. So far all the trades I've read for Rose is weak. Other teams would come with a much better deal. Come on chitown, we gotta do a little bit better. I dont think Riley would even take a chance on Gordan.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #26
ILLEFEX

yo ring, you're right man........hughes is not a bad of a player........people just say that he's awful just because of the money he's making........he is not worth 12 miil.......but, he's a good combo guard tho and i wouldn't mind keeping him.......either hughes or gordon will be back but not both, in my opinion.............
Old 04-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #27
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

I don't think there is a chance that Riley trades the number 1 pick and Im not sure he would even trade the number 2 pick. I think if the Bulls throw Hinrich/Deng/9th pick for 1st or 2nd pick/Marion/filler. I know thats Miami giving up and awful lot but you gotta step back and look. Marion is looking for a huge contract extension that im thinking the Heat will absolutely not give him. So Matrix is in his final year with the Heat, and they might as well trade him for package of really good young players, if he isn't in the long term plans. Its a lot for the Bulls to give up as well, but Miami's pick cancels out loosing Hinrich, the 9th pick can be to draft a Center for which the Heat absolutely do not have on their current roster, and Deng is a fantastic fit next to Dwade. Nobody on the Bulls could free up Deng offensively like Dwade could on the Heat. I kinda think Riley has a high view of Deng and Hinrich, especially Deng after watching them sweep the heat in the 1st round of last years playoffs.

Marion's player option salary next year would be 17 million. Hinrich's salary next year is 10 mil. So Deng would have to agree to deal if they resigned him long term, which would be around 10 mil a year, then the heat would need a filler player making 3 to 5 million to make it all work.

Then in a year the Bulls would let Marion walk. I'm not saying I want Marion or anything like that. Its more to me, Are the Bulls really willing to go after a top 2 pick, and sacrifice a couple of their young stars to get a potential superstar/all-star. I'm definitely ready for one of those type players.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:03 PM   #28
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
I don't think there is a chance that Riley trades the number 1 pick and Im not sure he would even trade the number 2 pick. I think if the Bulls throw Hinrich/Deng/9th pick for 1st or 2nd pick/Marion/filler. I know thats Miami giving up and awful lot but you gotta step back and look. Marion is looking for a huge contract extension that im thinking the Heat will absolutely not give him. So Matrix is in his final year with the Heat, and they might as well trade him for package of really good young players, if he isn't in the long term plans. Its a lot for the Bulls to give up as well, but Miami's pick cancels out loosing Hinrich, the 9th pick can be to draft a Center for which the Heat absolutely do not have on their current roster, and Deng is a fantastic fit next to Dwade. Nobody on the Bulls could free up Deng offensively like Dwade could on the Heat. I kinda think Riley has a high view of Deng and Hinrich, especially Deng after watching them sweep the heat in the 1st round of last years playoffs.

Marion's player option salary next year would be 17 million. Hinrich's salary next year is 10 mil. So Deng would have to agree to deal if they resigned him long term, which would be around 10 mil a year, then the heat would need a filler player making 3 to 5 million to make it all work.

Then in a year the Bulls would let Marion walk. I'm not saying I want Marion or anything like that. Its more to me, Are the Bulls really willing to go after a top 2 pick, and sacrifice a couple of their young stars to get a potential superstar/all-star. I'm definitely ready for one of those type players.

The problem I'm having with your trade is that it is still a little lopsided in our favor. Hinrich, Deng, and a 9th pick is a good package. But Marian is a proven allstar. Deng hasnt proven anything yet, and he could only hope to be as good as Marian someday. Hinrich aint really that much of an upgrade over Jason Williams, so I don't see any real incentative for them to give up the number one pick in the draft for our number 9. Lets suppose they agreed to your offer, and then the following year Marian walks. What have we really gained. Rose and a bad contract! I could be wrong and I'm not trying to down your trade. I was just trying to get a better understanding for it. And after looking threw what I just wrote, its not a bad idea. However I dont see the Heat dealing with us. Riley is all about star power, and we have none.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:13 PM   #29
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
yo ring, you're right man........hughes is not a bad of a player........people just say that he's awful just because of the money he's making........he is not worth 12 miil.......but, he's a good combo guard tho and i wouldn't mind keeping him.......either hughes or gordon will be back but not both, in my opinion.............

It's not that he will be making $12 million, it's that he shoots 37% from the field and can't play defense anymore. Still, he is worlds better for the team than Wallace.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #30
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
It's not that he will be making $12 million, it's that he shoots 37% from the field and can't play defense anymore. Still, he is worlds better for the team than Wallace.

Put yourself in Larry Hughes position for a sec. Your traded away from the Cavs because you arent the sidekick for Lebron the fans wanted you to be. Your getting paid a grip but cant play due to injury's, and people hate you for that as well. Anyhow your traded to the struggling Bulls for BenWallace, and now suddenly people are calling you the star player of the team. You feel an obligation to play hard for the fans, but the team your on sucks. Since knowone can score a basket you take it upon yourself to try and do it all. The problem is your not that great of an offensive player so your field goal % suffers. Even though your doing everything else right you carry a rep of being inconsistent. Now tell me, do you really think he's that bad of a player.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: