Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 05-03-2008, 03:39 AM   #1
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Who would you rather see: Boston or Atlanta?

Watching the Atlanta-Boston game tonight in game six, I got to thinking which team I'd rather see in round two. Conventional wisdom says that we should be rooting for the Hawks to pull off the upset in game seven. We would get home court advantage and we would probably be heavy favorites.

However, I'm not sure I see it that way...

First of all, watching Boston fail in trying to defend against Joe Johnson leads me to the obvious question:

If the Celts are having this much trouble slowing down JJ (even when throwing double teams and focusing its defense his way), what is going to happen when they have to see LeBron every night? I think that Boston's defense is vastly overrated and, frankly, I don't know how they are going to deal with LeBron.

Secondly, Atlanta is playing really well right now. They seem to be surging while Boston looks on the verge of crumbling. It really seems like two teams going in opposite directions.

Lastly and possibly most importantly, we've had to deal with constant snide comments about how the Cavs had the easiest road to the Finals in NBA history last season. This year, we were given no shot to beat Boston in the playoffs and many people were picking Washington to beat the Cavs.

To face Atlanta in the second round would assuredly start the same kind of chatter.

Meanwhile, an upset series win over the Celtics would put an end to any idea of skating into the Finals.

I see a team that is very beatable and a team that has a huge reputation (undeserved, imo). Not only would Atlanta be a tough series, but even if we were to beat them, no one would give the Cavs any credit for it.

Call me crazy, but I want Boston.

What my fellow Cavalier fans think?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:25 PM   #2
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: Who would you rather see: Boston or Atlanta?

As far as difficulty goes, I still am sure Boston would be the harder team to beat. They're just slumping with this series against ATL, plain and simple. I think we would tear Atlanta up. Joe Johnson just reminds me of a Michael Redd. He'll get his shots, but we'll definitely play better D on him then whatever the helll Boston is trying.

However, I think we match up pretty well with both teams in our favor. Detroit still is the team to beat for us. I mean yeah, we have to get past Boston. That's who it's gonna be, and then Detroit.

It's gonna be a very exciting series nonetheless.

and man... How about Wally stroking it last night??

We're starting to be a team that can actually hit some threes, and not go like 5-22 every game during the Larry Hughes days.

I'm pumped baby.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Round 2 Playoff Schedule Scenarios

The Cavaliers will face the winner of the Boston-Atlanta series in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Atlanta and Boston play their Game 7 in Boston on Sunday, May 4th at 1:00 p.m. (ABC).

If Boston defeats Atlanta, the schedule for Round 2 will be as follows:

Game 1: Tue May 6 - Cleveland at Boston at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 2: Thu May 8 - Cleveland at Boston at 7:00PM - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 3: Sat May 10 - Boston at Cleveland at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

Game 4: Mon May 12 - Boston at Cleveland at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 5*: Wed May 14 - Cleveland at Boston at TBD - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 6*: Fri May 16 - Boston at Cleveland at TBD - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 7*: Sun May 18 - Cleveland at Boston at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

If Atlanta defeats Boston, the schedule for Round 2 will be as follows:

Game 1: Tue May 6 - Atlanta at Cleveland at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 2: Thu May 8 - Atlanta at Cleveland at 7:00PM - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 3: Sat May 10 - Cleveland at Atlanta at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

Game 4: Mon May 12 - Cleveland at Atlanta at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 5*: Wed May 14 - Atlanta at Cleveland at TBD - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 6*: Fri May 16 - Cleveland at Atlanta at TBD - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 7*: Sun May 18 - Atlanta at Cleveland at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

*If Necessary
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #4
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Round 2 Playoff Schedule Scenarios

The Cavaliers will face the winner of the Boston-Atlanta series in the Eastern Conference Semifinals. Atlanta and Boston play their Game 7 in Boston on Sunday, May 4th at 1:00 p.m. (ABC).

If Boston defeats Atlanta, the schedule for Round 2 will be as follows:

Game 1: Tue May 6 - Cleveland at Boston at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 2: Thu May 8 - Cleveland at Boston at 7:00PM - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 3: Sat May 10 - Boston at Cleveland at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

Game 4: Mon May 12 - Boston at Cleveland at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 5*: Wed May 14 - Cleveland at Boston at TBD - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 6*: Fri May 16 - Boston at Cleveland at TBD - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 7*: Sun May 18 - Cleveland at Boston at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

If Atlanta defeats Boston, the schedule for Round 2 will be as follows:

Game 1: Tue May 6 - Atlanta at Cleveland at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 2: Thu May 8 - Atlanta at Cleveland at 7:00PM - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 3: Sat May 10 - Cleveland at Atlanta at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

Game 4: Mon May 12 - Cleveland at Atlanta at 8:00PM - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 5*: Wed May 14 - Atlanta at Cleveland at TBD - TNT, WTAM 1100

Game 6*: Fri May 16 - Cleveland at Atlanta at TBD - ESPN, FSN Ohio/WUAB, WTAM 1100

Game 7*: Sun May 18 - Atlanta at Cleveland at TBD - TBD, WTAM 1100

*If Necessary
i would rather play the 8 seed rather than the 1 seed, but some i just want to play boston so bad to shut up those boston bandwagoners. though if boston cant make it to the 2nd round they dont deserve to play us!!!
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: