Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 06-23-2006, 11:00 PM   #16
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Thumbs down trade O'Neal

O'Neal gets hurt too too too much. hes played like.........3 games this year?
KEEP PEJA! trade O'Neal to portland for zach randolph and 1st rd.

Draft Patrick O'Byrant

O'Bryant
Randolph
Peja
Jackson
Johnson...yes hes better than tinsley and that sarunas jaskjaoihf guy..he can penetrate.
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:04 AM   #17
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

not a bad deal...only problem is that they have to re-sign to peja ... i still want to see harrington back and see indy turn into a BIG and defensive team
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #18
scipio
I hit open 5-footers

scipio has an OK reputation so far
Default Re:

I would really rather see the Pacers get rid of Peja. He'll probably end up costing quite a bit, and I do not think he'll be worth it. If Larry Hughes can get $12 million +, Peja should easily get overpaid. Frankly, it's silly to keep him when we have a guy in Granger who plays the same position and should become a better player than Peja soon enough. Thus, I would either sign and trade Peja if we can get a young player or two who could be starters along with some contracts that expire fairly soon, or simply let him go if nothing else is availiable.

I think keeping JO is imperative. For all his faults, he's probably the best big man the Pacers have ever had, at least in the NBA. We are not likely to find a big guy with his talent on either end of the floor (let alone both) any time soon. Obviously his health and his shot selection are concerns, but I think the shot selection can be improved upon, and he at least always plays in the playoffs when it counts.

I would like to see the Pacers try to move Tinsley as well as Stephen Jackson. I like Tinsley quite a bit, but his contract is way too big, and his health and conditioning have always been problems. I am also a fan of Jackson. He's one of the few guys who never seems to give up and always seems to care whether we win or lose. Unfortunately, his shot selection is awful and Carlisle seems unable or unwilling to do anything about it. These guys should be traded while they still have some value. I would be okay with ditching them for shorter contracts, though it would be best if we could get some value out of them. Perhaps the Pacers could get a back up big or possibly a swingman with the ability to start out of those two players.

This offseason should be interesting. The three guys I think must be here on opening day are JO, Granger, and Anthony Johnson. Johnson has earned the starting point guard spot, though I would not be opposed to drafting his possible replacement. JO and Granger are the guys we should build around.
scipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #19
cantfindanname
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cantfindanname has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
they shouldn't give Austin such a big contract, since he isn't contributing ALOT off the bench... maybe sign him for long years at low cost... say 3M a season... currently he costs 8M a season, don't forget, he's getting old... they should free up some cap-room if they wanna sign Richardson... he may be going to the free-agent market... GSW may not be re-signing him... unless they wanna release Murphy... only one will stay...

THEY ALREADY SIGNED BOTH OF THEM. And richardson ain't going no where, the only possible person the pacers can get from the warriors is baron davis.
cantfindanname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:18 AM   #20
317Blu&Gold
Can barely lace up my sneakers

317Blu&Gold has an OK reputation so far

All of this is real nice except Jamal is not going to stay healthy....Draft a nice point guard and let him get a lil playing time...trade Sarunas and Jamal Tinley and sign another PG in free agency or get him via a trade...Also trade Stephen Jackson and you have to keep J.O....unless u get an bonified all star in his place. Granger is the future of this team and if you can just get some guys who are willing to sacrifice for each other, then the Pacers would be back in the mix in the Eastern Conf.
317Blu&Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: